News New Zealand Pre-season Camp

Remove this Banner Ad

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/saints-head-over-the-tasman

Alan Richardson's men will then converge on Queenstown for a 10-day high performance training camp where they will hike through mountains, tackle the rapids of Arthurs Peak and use state of the art training facilities

Taking its camps to New Zealand is in line with St Kilda's strategy to embrace the country and Saints CEO Matt Finnis said the change of training scenery was exciting for the club.

"New Zealand is a stunning country and Queenstown epitomises this," Finnis said.

"Our players are very much looking forward to what lies ahead. While the High Performance camp will be a demanding and difficult camp in many ways, the scenery is amazing and the activities planned will definitely be a step away from standard pre-season training."

It's a great idea. Don't know why it wasn't thought of last year, actually. Save a bunch of money and get to further entrench undeveloped territory at the same time. Also, from my understanding, there is no basis for altitude training being effective over the long term, so I'm glad that at least it costs a lot less.

It's a great idea. Don't know why it wasn't thought of last year, actually. Save a bunch of money and get to further entrench undeveloped territory at the same time. Also, from my understanding, there is no basis for altitude training being effective over the long term, so I'm glad that at least it costs a lot less.
My first thought was that our beloved Captain had an ulterior motive for the club travelling to the US

I'm pretty sure that between the Virgin film comp winnings and selling things to rich people that last years trip cost us nothing.

I'm pretty sure that between the Virgin film comp winnings and selling things to rich people that last years trip cost us nothing.
Pretty much. I dunno if they joined in with the training or anything though. Would love to go through that level of preseason, even though it would kill me.

the 'rich people' have been asked again. these with emails should have got an email from Richo, asking us to join in. Would love to do something like this, but would never keep up with the boys never mind the expense:p:D.

We can use this thread when the guys get there and the videos start flowing. Just a shame Essendon wont be there this year to shame for being a bunch of pussies whilst the Saints do the hard yards in the weather.

Ah, who could forget this

How'd that work out for you Bombres?

Ah, who could forget this

How'd that work out for you Bombres?

Jack+Billings+AFL+Rd+5+Essendon+v+St+Kilda+hE_SSnDiH-5l.jpg

Would be great if one of us could go, even as an observer.
Yeah, id be sampling all the good pubs in NZ then id send you all the Camp updates that i was just getting from the Saints website on my ph.
So i probably wouldnt be the best choice to go:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be great if one of us could go, even as an observer.

this from the Saints email

"We would like to extend an exclusive invitation for you to join the inner sanctum as we use this trip as a launching pad for our 2015 season.

The select few that embark on this unique experience with us will become one of the team as we hike and mountain bike through the picturesque mountains, tackle the rapids of Arthurs Point, hone our craft on state of the art training facilities, and study and implement the game plan that will be outlined by our coaching staff.

We are maintaining our significant investment in the development of our playing and coaching group as we continue on the path to delivering ultimate success.

A crucial component of our pre-season program, without your support, this trip would not be possible.

By joining us in Queenstown, you will be making a very real and tangible contribution to the development of the St Kilda Football Club.

Furthermore, you will enjoy the ultimate, unrivalled inner-sanctum experience as you live, breathe and train with the St Kilda players and coaches as we test and push ourselves to the limit.

I hope to see you on the plane to Queenstown on December 6. "

Remove this Banner Ad

Back