Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There's almost a look of Batman (Jed) and Robin (Lewy) in that pic of the lads.
Ha, was just about to say the same thing. Badass.
Lewy really does look born to be a Lion, can't help but love the kid.

#PrideInTheJumper

I heard a certain one of them bent his arms in unrestrained celebration!

Seriously brilliant job to all the TLR guys who stood up and gave all of us disgruntled members someone to unite behind. Hats off to you all

Now all that's left to do is grab one between now and round one and get out there and cheer the boys against the pies.

There have been a lot of people on here that have held off buying merchandise and/or memberships due to this issue. I certainly hope all those who have, get back on board and do either or both (finances permitting of course) I'll be buying my first guernsey since the change that's for sure

I'm one of these people. Will buy a jumper for both of my boys (I don't wear footy jumpers) and 3 memberships (I had one for many years pre-change). Re: design I was only interested in getting the real lion back (assume BBFFC will be retained). Anything else doesn't register. Big shout out to TLR. Well done.

1409456140_1386969501_jsv9na_xrro92k.gif

I was a fan of the paddlepop, but appreciate I was very much in the minority, and am happy to move back to a jumper that is widely loved and respected both within and outside the club.

well done to TLR. The member engagement they built through the jumper campaign has also been critical in things like the member charter, member forum s and I think better communication. The paddlepop was a symptom of a club not engaged with its members, Tlr have given us more than a return to our old jersey they have given us our club back and that is the real reason for our #swagger.

Nb- I also want to thank Dr Henry Pinskier.

To me it looks like the Lion is a little to big. Although it has the high yoke of the premiership jumper the lion size is reminiscent of 06-09.

Yep, it's easy to forget how far back this really goes.

nigelicious really got the ball rolling with SaveOurJumper and started showing Lions members that they had a voice and should use it. Helped plant an activism seed that TLR was able to build on.

Thanks for that TBD and GG. What TLR have been able to facilitate here is really impressive and a credit to those involved, including those at the club who have embraced member engagement (Thank you @SteeleTallon). I can't tell you how heartening it is seeing people from the club communicating with members via social media, compared to the SOJ days where then CEO, HWSNBN, was both sanctimonious and obstructive in his communications with SOJ addressing concerns of the member base.

We've come a long way, club and members both.

The lion is only marginally bigger. I don't think you'll even notice it to be honest. When they did the 'rebranding' or 'modernising' this is the jumper they should have made. Glad we've finally got here. This isn't a Fitzroy vs Brisbane things like some people seem to be making out. It's a sh*t jumper vs good jumper thing. Anyone with an actual memory knows that Fitzroy never wore this jumper. This is the BRISBANE LIONS jumper. Yes it uses the old Fitzroy lion, but it is the one and only Brisbane Lions' jumper.

And so ends the life of the most embarrassing Home jumper in AFL/VFL history. And from the dead rises arguably the best one in the comp today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today is a big day of celebration.

Still remember being told that the jumper is going to change, I said yeah the clash is due for an update, they said, no the jumper. It has been a battle, as much as it was about the jumper, it was about the club and their treatment of the members on the issue, The Lions Roar went in and to their credit within the first 12 months had the board commit to changing this, something which Jumper experts had said could never be done.

I think the most important thing from the last 5 years is to have a picture of the Paddle Pop Lion Jumper sitting on your side table and saying to ourselves every day "We can never let this happen again"

The club is on the way back in a big way, and there is no better way to simbilise that then the jumper change that has become official today. Lets celebrate today, make the Lions Shop Website crash from too many sales, and do whatever we can to make sure that like Essendon, Carlton, and Richmond, that the home jumper never changes again.

Welcome home old boy.

Preordered! My first jersey since I stopped wearing the old Ireland Rugby jersey in my youth. Will wear it with a prideful paunch.

Well the Lions are about to get some memberships they haven't had for quite a while. A very positive response from my neck of the woods. Looks like some jumpers are finally going to be updated too.

All we need now is for the official Brisbane Lions logo to be changed to something including this:

bbffc.png

The lion is only marginally bigger. I don't think you'll even notice it to be honest. When they did the 'rebranding' or 'modernising' this is the jumper they should have made. Glad we've finally got here. This isn't a Fitzroy vs Brisbane things like some people seem to be making out. It's a sh*t jumper vs good jumper thing. Anyone with an actual memory knows that Fitzroy never wore this jumper. This is the BRISBANE LIONS jumper. Yes it uses the old Fitzroy lion, but it is the one and only Brisbane Lions' jumper.

And so ends the life of the most embarrassing Home jumper in AFL/VFL history. And from the dead rises arguably the best one in the comp today.

Hell, that is well said.

A couple of years ago I was given a paddlepop jersey as a birthday present. The only person who has ever worn it is my 4yo son, and only because he came across it when rummaging through our cupboard. I've held off getting him his own jersey until 'the Lion' was restored.

I showed him a picture last night of the new jersey and said "look mate, here's what I'm going to buy you. You're very own Lions jersey!" He looked confused and then said; "No Dad, I want the Brisbane Lion, like the one you've got". The previous administration has much to answer for.

Anyway, I assured him that this was the proper Lion but he still seems unsure. Hopefully that will change once he sees me strutting around proudly in my new jersey.

Rocky today on our guernseys glorious return
“The original guernsey, which we wore throughout the 3-peat era, means a lot to plenty of people and represents such a successful period in the history of our Club,” said Rockliff.

“As a playing group we really feel like we have an opportunity to forge our own history in it.

“We want the jumper to represent the success of our current group, not just be a reminder of our past success.

“The Club is in a really exciting place at the moment and I think it’s the perfect time for the orignal guernsey to return.

“We want to build our own dynasty and we hope to do it wearing this jumper.

“I know the return of the orignal guernsey was something our supporters are really passionate about and we are looking forward to doing them proud every single time we pull it on.”

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-10-21/its-back

One thing is for sure, you won't hear me complaining about the variations in the height of the blue and so forth any time soon given what we've been through.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Minor changes are exactly that - minor. Importantly 'the identity' of the club is firmly restored by having the traditional Brisbane Lion on the front of the jumper.

That is our identity.

Yes, it was borne from the history of Fitzroy. However it became readily accepted by one and all as 'The Brisbane Lion'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back