Aegis gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with having a naming rights sponsor. As a show of goodwill, if we can't get it, I hope we call it something like Mazda Park or something; Mazda have been unbelievably good to us over the journey.

Call me an old-fashioned romantic, and I understand the business and financial sense in doing it, but I find everything wrong with naming rights sponsors.

I'm usually anti naming rights along with chaining your name (Western Bulldogs), adopting a sponsor in your name (Camry Crows) and changing your home jumper for marketing (Brisbane), its a bit too selling your soul for me. But I don't mind it in Arden Street's case because everyone in the world just seems to keep calling it Arden Street anyway. All the official club stuff was calling it Aegis Park but I don't think anyone else actually ever really adopted it. It was like free money. Like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer sells his soul to the devil for a doughnut but doesn't eat the whole doughnut so he keeps his soul (for a while).

Anyway, I'm sure 40,000 members and finals footy will be able to attract a nice new sponsor. Remember every now and then to click on the Mazda logo on the club site. They traffic where their clicks come from.

Nothing wrong with having a naming rights sponsor. As a show of goodwill, if we can't get it, I hope we call it something like Mazda Park or something; Mazda have been unbelievably good to us over the journey.

The Carpark!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant argue with this principle. Mazda has been an amazing, loyal supporter.

eas.gif

Perfume Park

Smelly Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back