NFL 2014 NFL - Week 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Its amazing really by how far the NFC South is the worst division in football, after all the preseason commentary about the East.

And they are doing it playing the much hyped NFC West.....the Eagles were always going to contend I guess but the Cowboys have been the annoying surprise.

anyone got a coin? I can't decide on who to pick for MNF
Houston are my bugbear this year, I hate picking teams with a useless quarterback but at the same time, that D-line...

EDIT: Also, with everyone banging on about the Pack, the Eagles and the Cowboys, the Cardinals are going forgotten again...5-1 and now a two game lead in the division. Box seat for the NFC West title. And that's with Drew Stanton having played more games at QB than Carson Palmer and injuries all over their D.

Houston are my bugbear this year, I hate picking teams with a useless quarterback but at the same time, that D-line...

EDIT: Also, with everyone banging on about the Pack, the Eagles and the Cowboys, the Cardinals are going forgotten again...5-1 and now a two game lead in the division. Box seat for the NFC West title. And that's with Drew Stanton having played more games at QB than Carson Palmer and injuries all over their D.
I've been mightily impressed by the Cardinals. Their ability to absorb some major injuries has been impressive to say the least. Fitzgerald, Floyd, Brown and Ellington is a more than reasonable collection of skill position players.

I've been mightily impressed by the Cardinals. Their ability to absorb some major injuries has been impressive to say the least. Fitzgerald, Floyd, Brown and Ellington is a more than reasonable collection of skill position players.
I think they're a serious chance. They've got one thing the Pack, the Cowboys and the Eagles don't: a D. And a D that will improve as they have players return to fitness.

Would not be surprised if the Cards come out of the NFC.

I think they're a serious chance. They've got one thing the Pack, the Cowboys and the Eagles don't: a D. And a D that will improve as they have players return to fitness.

Indeed. It's a shame they lost John Abraham (I had hoped the Patriots would have signed him as a platoon pass rusher) and Darnell Dockett to Injured Reserve. Mind you, the Tommy Kelly signing (I hated this move by the Patriots) looks to be a masterstroke, if even for the bigger body.

Yeah, the Cardinals are a real chance this season.

Technically they have a game and a half lead, drop one to the Eagles next week with the 49ers idle and it is down to one.

Having said that they have been fantastic so far but they probably have the toughest schedule to go of all the NFC West clubs on the run home.

Green Bay, Dallas and Philly are 10th, 11th and 12th in scoring defence so far this season. Which is pretty respectable.

Cards are 5th. They shipped 41 points vs Denver which skews their stats obviously, but it's event out by copping teams like Oakland and Washington who are terribly offensively.

this is only true if you haven't being paying attention to how many defensive starters the Cards have already lost. it irks me to say it - but of those teams u mentioned Dallas is clearly the best D at the moment.

Brad Wing punting for the steelers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green Bay, Dallas and Philly are 10th, 11th and 12th in scoring defence so far this season. Which is pretty respectable.

Cards are 5th. They shipped 41 points vs Denver which skews their stats obviously, but it's event out by copping teams like Oakland and Washington who are terribly offensively.
No Carson Palmer against the Broncos. Not to say the result would have been different but it's difficult to appraise a performance when your starting QB isn't playing. That said, the Broncos D looks to be significantly improved this season.

Desperately unlucky to not have that 'clear DPI' called on Texans defender Hal.. Texans Fitzpatrick dodges a 'safety sack' to kickstart their impressive drive with a spearing pass to a discarded WR. Steeler D is ultra sluggish. Need 30+ points to even be in the contest. Pourous run D.. :thumbsdown:

this is only true if you haven't being paying attention to how many defensive starters the Cards have already lost. it irks me to say it - but of those teams u mentioned Dallas is clearly the best D at the moment.

It's not as many as is being made out. Dockett is a huge loss sure, Campbell has only missed a couple and will return soon, it is questionable whether Abraham would have contributed much anyway and Washington is on a self inflicted suspension.

So they have lost one starter to injury for the season. Looking at the Rams and 49ers injury list they don't even rank in the top 2 for injured players in their own division.

It's not as many as is being made out. Dockett is a huge loss sure, Campbell has only missed a couple and will return soon, it is questionable whether Abraham would have contributed much anyway and Washington is on a self inflicted suspension.

So they have lost one starter to injury for the season. Looking at the Rams and 49ers injury list they don't even rank in the top 2 for injured players in their own division.
They're still 4 starters in the front 7 down, no matter what reason. Still, better there than the secondary.

They're still 4 starters in the front 7 down, no matter what reason. Still, better there than the secondary.

True but would Abraham be a starter in base package? To put the Cards start to the season in perspective....Arizona's strength of schedule through Week 7 19-21, 49ers through Week 7 29-15.

Schedule gets a lot tougher from here on in for the Cards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back