List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance, Clarko wants players that can player multiple positions. Fat full forwards are a thing of the past
Would be funny no doubt but you can tell Hawkins hates Hawthorn. Most genuine best 22 players of Hawthorn and Geelong wouldn't want to go to the club that is its main rival.
Mate I wouldn't take Hawkins for free. He would ruin the whole dynamic of the forward line. He can't even bend down anymore ffs. More importantly he would eat all the food. Our boys need to eat too.
Besides we have a monster in our forward line, not bigger but better. And yes, the Big Rough can bend down. What else can he do that Hawkins can't
Hahaha don't worry people. Wasn't suggesting we would get him or even want him! I just reckon if it happened it would be a rare instance where every single person in the footy world would lose their s**t.

I heard the Bulldogs are going to chase hard for Tubby Porkins. After they splashed a mill on Boyd seems unlikely however would be a good way to help Boyd out since they don't have any other forward talls.

Wonder if we will pick up Deer with our last pick, project player who had a rough year so could be anything. Worth a punt IMO.

I'd be "lion" if I said I was disappointed.

From The Age.

Carlton hard nut Mitch Robinson appears most likely to end up in Brisbane with the Lions as a delisted free agent.

The Lions are understood to be keenest on the delisted Blues midfielder with at least one other club believed to have some interest. The Lions are yet to make a contract offer for Robinson who was blindsided by his delisting by Carlton last month.

Now read my post again.

Only 2 of the 23yo's we drafted in 2008 are first 22 players (Breust and Shiels) with the jury still out on Schoey and Grimmers.

My post was suggesting this was the reason we went out to look to trade in talent (ie Gunston and Ceglar) in the same age bracket.

We don't have a gap now because we traded in for it.
Grimley was drafted in 2009. Maybe you've mixed your sticks with your stones?

I want Sloane at Hawthorn more than I want anyone that's been a free agent or will become one in the next few years.

Absolutely incredible talent. He literally has it all. Probably doesn't have the explosiveness of danger, but he's still a bull.

He loved Brenton Sanderson, so I hope we're in his ear as of now.

Imagine a midfield of;

McEvoy - Sloane - Lewis
Hill - Langford/Breust - Smith

... in a few years.

Melbourne midfielder Sam Blease to seek new home

Melbourne midfielder Sam Blease will seek a new home during this year's trade period after being told he would not be offered a contract for next season.

Blease, pick 17 in the 2008 draft, broke his leg in the schoolground during his first pre-season at the club and has struggled to break into the side with any consistency in the years since.

The pacy onballer had his best year in 2012, playing 16 games, but managed just two call-ups under new coach Paul Roos this season for a total of 33 games.

Blease was the second of Melbourne's six selections in 2008, behind No.1 selection Jack Watts. The club chose Blease and James Strauss with picks 17 and 19, but had better luck with its later selections. Neville Jetta (pick 51) and Rohan Bail (64) have been given new contracts, while No.35 selection Jamie Bennell has become a regular member of the West Coast team since being redrafted by the Eagles as a rookie two years ago.

"When we met with Sam during his end-of-season exit interview, we both agreed that it hadn't worked for him at the Melbourne Football Club," Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney pacey said.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-blease-to-seek-new-home-20140917-10idi4.html

I'd be very surprised if we land any big free agent next year. All the Buddy money has been eaten up with contract upgrades and Frawley. Where is the cap space going to come from?

Retirements will free up a lot of cap space. Lake, Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne may retire in the next two years and are all well paid.
Whether we attract free agents or trade is of course still a matter for conjecture.

I'd be "lion" if I said I was disappointed.

From The Age.

Carlton hard nut Mitch Robinson appears most likely to end up in Brisbane with the Lions as a delisted free agent.

The Lions are understood to be keenest on the delisted Blues midfielder with at least one other club believed to have some interest. The Lions are yet to make a contract offer for Robinson who was blindsided by his delisting by Carlton last month.

HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH,HALLELUJAH... Thank you Lord! My prayer was answered!:D

Retirements will free up a lot of cap space. Lake, Mitchell, Hodge and Burgoyne may retire in the next two years and are all well paid.
Whether we attract free agents or trade is of course still a matter for conjecture.
Yeah it's the retirements of our true champions that will free up cash.

Really important that these champions are replaced by outright guns about 4 years younger if we want to avoid the cyclical slide down the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easier to get a RFA like cotchin rather than try to prise Treloar out of GWS - we'd have to trade a very good player for the latter - potentially degrading our best 22.

It may be easier through free agency...but our current list wasn't built on players getting 800k to 1 mill. This is what Dangerfield Cotchin and co will be demanding.

It may be easier through free agency...but our current list wasn't built on players getting 800k to 1 mill. This is what Dangerfield Cotchin and co will be demanding.

Hawks could go in & say Schoenmakers for Treloar... Would definitely lighten up the mood.

Just saw Geelong have de-listed Taylor Hunt. Wouldn't mind picking him up; ready made, has a real crack. I know his disposal isn't great but if he can clean that up he will be a good player and offset the loss of Hallahan somewhat

Just saw Geelong have de-listed Taylor Hunt. Wouldn't mind picking him up; ready made, has a real crack. I know his disposal isn't great but if he can clean that up he will be a good player and offset the loss of Hallahan somewhat
Rookie list at best . . . and even then I don't think we need him.

A few of the Geelong boys could be alright pickups. Think Hunt is too similar to Simpkin and more of a role player in def/mid.

But yeah, I'd hope the club due its due diligence on Schroeder, Stringer and Sheringham. Some [potentially/formerly] talented mids that could be depth on the rookie list with a chance to cement a spot in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back