Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want to trade for brown. But since delisted, surely he adds depth to our KPP list.
Was behind Hawkins, Clark, Stanley, vardy, walker, kersten
Could he play a CHF role for us with Boyd. Maybe not. Definately worth a shot though.

Didn't want to trade for brown. But since delisted, surely he adds depth to our KPP list.
Was behind Hawkins, Clark, Stanley, vardy, walker, kersten
Could he play a CHF role for us with Boyd. Maybe not. Definately worth a shot though.
This, wouldn't mind throwing him a lifeline for depth. Footscray are going to be needing some players in 2015 anyway.

Mitch Brown delisted by the cats.
Not interested, but I'm interested in one of the other delistees: Joel Hamling. He's a young key defender that's been developing reasonably well in the VFL from what I understand. Very quick, very agile and reads the ball well. Cats fans seem shocked by the delisting too.

Not interested, but I'm interested in one of the other delistees: Joel Hamling. He's a young key defender that's been developing reasonably well in the VFL from what I understand. Very quick, very agile and reads the ball well. Cats fans seem shocked by the delisting too.
3rd in the VFL B&F after spending two years trying to add weight.
We could do far worse than pick him up with a late pick.

Dogs need depth in KPP.
Who do we have on both areas of the ground? Boyd, redpath forward.
Back is roughead, talia, Roberts..... That's it.
We need to sign some players up via delisted free agency. Whether it's brown, hartung, Thompson. We will draft something but dogs did say they do want a mature defender

Dogs need depth in KPP.
Who do we have on both areas of the ground? Boyd, redpath forward.
Back is roughead, talia, Roberts..... That's it.
We need to sign some players up via delisted free agency. Whether it's brown, hartung, Thompson. We will draft something but dogs did say they do want a mature defender
Yes, but we don't want a dud. Unless you want another guy like Austin on the list?

We're falling for the same trap we always do. We need height, but we don't want to get it at the expense of quality and talent.

Hadn’t really heard of Hamling before, but just had a look at some stats and found some highlights video which is fairly impressive.

Is from U/18s but seems to read the ball well in flight, is a good kick and he played forward a fair bit… even played in the ruck and appears to have done a pretty good job.

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/405047

We’d just need to get him partnered up with Tom Boyd in the weights room so he can work out how to bulk up a bit.

Would be happy with either Hamling or Brown for a late pick if we didn’t think there was a better option available in the draft.

Im not big on Mitch Brown, but we do need another key forward that can play next season if need be. What if Boyd gets hurt? We cant screw guys like Crameri and Stringer over again but leaving them to do all the heavy lifting down there.
This is my thoughts. We need some depth. We will draft a few key position players. I know Mitch brown was highly touted but has been injured a lot. If he passed a medical test at the bulldogs, and was finally injury free, then take him. He takes up a spot on the list so we gotta work out what we will be drafting. Does he take redpaths spot on the list from being elevated.
We will use picks 26, 27, 39 and 43. Used pick 61 on Cordy. Upgrade Jong, that's 6 picks, possibly 7 if we upgrade redpath. Picked up Boyd and Biggs
We lost Williams, Howard, goodes, Gia, young, cooney, jones, Higgins, tutt, Grif.
So the 6 picks plus Boyd and Biggs is 8 players added to our list. Lost 10 players.
So we could possibly add Mitch brown and redpath. And we can still rookie foster. We definately have room for 1 delisted free agent. Just depends who it is

Yes, but we don't want a dud. Unless you want another guy like Austin on the list?

We're falling for the same trap we always do. We need height, but we don't want to get it at the expense of quality and talent.
It won't be at the expense of quality and talent. Mitch brown or pick 80 in the draft. Takes up a list spot, but if u look at my other post, we have capacity for a delisted free agent and still being able to upgrade redpath and Jong.
Pick 100 wil upgrade Jong. Pick 118 will upgrade redpath. We won even use pick 80.
So happy to use a list spot on either Mitch brown, Luke Thompson, the other cats defender mentioned or even Taylor hunt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't discount us rookie listing some mature guys
Well if redpath and Jong go to senior list, and Austin delisted plus greenwood we do have some rookie spots available.
Hoping for foster to be rookied. Maybe some Footscray players could be rookied

I know it's too early to tell, but now that we got Boyd, our last 2 drafts will be the catalyst if our success.
2012 we arguably got the best 2 kids from that draft in stringer and macrae. Ollie wines, mates, Whitfield and danniher also jump out.
2013 we got Boyd and Bontempeli. Josh Kelly, aish, Lewis Taylor. But 2 have 2 stars from each draft is amazing.
Believe we also got hrovat in the 2012 draft so add that with the other young guns before that in libba, wallis, dahlhaus and the dogs are coming!!!
Very exciting

Hmmmm.... This week seems quieter than last week for some strange reason..... Can't quite put my finger on it... :confused:
I heard the bakery burned down and all of Footscray smells like cookies.

That's probably why.

I heard the bakery burned down and all of Footscray smells like cookies.

That's probably why.

That could be it.... I'll think some more about it and see where the ruminations lead me.... Good suggestion though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back