Mod. Notice Carlton Board Questions & Suggestions

coryne

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
On your Profile Page page select Privacy on the left hand side menu.

Make sure 'Receive site mailings' is unchecked.

Give that a try & also check all your other settings

The box isn't checked and I still get the emails. I wouldn't care but the email is linked to my phone and the constant barrage of emails (and notifications) is getting annoying. Even just tried my spam filter for my email but it isn't working for some reason ...........

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
The box isn't checked and I still get the emails. I wouldn't care but the email is linked to my phone and the constant barrage of emails (and notifications) is getting annoying. Even just tried my spam filter for my email but it isn't working for some reason ...........

Reboot your phone and redo your settings on your Profile Page.

See how that goes.

We are looking at having a Rumour Thread for rumours only. Everything else will be deleted. Discussion of rumours will be deleted.

We will have a 2015 Rumour Discussion thread. All rumours should be copied from the Rumour thread to the Rumour discussion thread in order for this to work. If you want to discuss a rumour, copy it across to the discussion thread. If nobody copies it, moderators will need to do so.

This way all rumours are clearly visible and in the one thread. We may be able to post a link to the post in the discussion thread inside the rumour post for ease of locating.

The discussion thread won't need to be cleaned of all off topic stuff as it is the rumours getting lost. The discussion is just our opinion of the rumour and its ramifications.

The only question is ... do you want the discussion thread to start afresh each year as well, or leave it as a mega thread for those rumours that might carry across more than one season?

We are looking at having a Rumour Thread for rumours only. Everything else will be deleted. Discussion of rumours will be deleted.

We will have a 2015 Rumour Discussion thread. All rumours should be copied from the Rumour thread to the Rumour discussion thread in order for this to work. If you want to discuss a rumour, copy it across to the discussion thread. If nobody copies it, moderators will need to do so.

This way all rumours are clearly visible and in the one thread. We may be able to post a link to the post in the discussion thread inside the rumour post for ease of locating.

The discussion thread won't need to be cleaned of all off topic stuff as it is the rumours getting lost. The discussion is just our opinion of the rumour and its ramifications.

The only question is ... do you want the discussion thread to start afresh each year as well, or leave it as a mega thread for those rumours that might carry across more than one season?

ODN, for fear of sounding like Maxwell Smart and you being the Chief.....I can't remember anything after you told me to listen very carefully!! :eek:

I am assuming the bolded bit is the only thread I need to worry about? :)

ODN, for fear of sounding like Maxwell Smart and you being the Chief.....I can't remember anything after you told me to listen very carefully!! :eek:

tve13903-19651009-133.jpg

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs

Great news. Why don't we make the most of the newly introduced hashtag system while we're at it? The start of a new thread would be a great time to ask folk to append any rumours with the #rumour hashtag.

Great news. Why don't we make the most of the newly introduced hashtag system while we're at it? The start of a new thread would be a great time to ask folk to append any rumours with the #rumour hashtag.

Probably don't need it as much in the rumour only thread as they are all rumours and people will be subscribed. Could use it when copying rumours across to the discussion thread though.

Do we need a Carlton only hashtag though because a rumour hashtag could be all over the site?

What about #blumour .... ;)

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Probably don't need it as much in the rumour only thread as they are all rumours and people will be subscribed. Could use it when copying rumours across to the discussion thread though.

Do we need a Carlton only hashtag though because a rumour hashtag could be all over the site?

What about #blumour .... ;)
Ha. Better than #blupers I guess.
Adding the hashtag to actual rumours will mean that mods shouldn't have to police the thread as much. People will inevitably post responses to rumours etc in the rumour thread so searching by hashtag will highlight ONLY the rumour posts.

Is twitter the best way to tell (and show) the most people I just had toast? Is there a better way? Really good toast.

No Instagram will showcase the toast in all its glory. On Twitter, you will be retweeted hundreds of time, and you will receive a thousand notifications of what unsavoury and uncomfortable things you should do with your toast. Very helpful and accommodating society Twitter is.

Ha. Better than #blupers I guess.
Adding the hashtag to actual rumours will mean that mods shouldn't have to police the thread as much. People will inevitably post responses to rumours etc in the rumour thread so searching by hashtag will highlight ONLY the rumour posts.

Just puts a requirement on to multiple users that not all of them will follow. The rumour thread is read daily. Click, click, click non rumours gone, and we'll be the arbiters of what is or isn't a rumour.

We could see if we can insert the hashtag in for those that forget though, if it helps enough people that search this way.

Hey ODN, could we have a thread (outside of Bay 13) on this board that is more like footy from the 70's? Let's say the Big Footy 70's Style. You can let off steam, be a bit more politically incorrect and have a crack at a fellow BF Blue poster all in good fun. This place is getting sanitized to within an inch of it's life with posts getting deleted and I understand the mod's have a responsibility to all posters but it would be nice to have a thread where you don't always have to tip toe around with every comment you make.

There will be a bay style thread on this board for opposition supporters to visit next year, probably for each match or maybe just one mega thread. We'll be a bit more liberal in there when it comes to team bagging and so forth.

I'm not aware of the sanitisation you speak of as I am popping in and out of late. Obviously personal remarks and playing the man instead of the ball is not something we encourage unless both parties are clearly in to it and there are still BF abuse rules to consider.

As for 70s style political correctness ... BF as a site is not likely to indulge womanising, marginalising, bigotry even in jest. It's not a Carlton thing. If you are more meaning just calling someone a w*nker, again I'd come back to whether there are two willing parties and not just someone who can't control their anger. If it is just off topic banter stuff .... we let it run for a little bit then get things back on track, hell we even participate ... but the Blue Room is tailor made for more casual conversation.

Can you give me an example of where it is going wrong and what you would like to be able to say unhindered?

There will be a bay style thread on this board for opposition supporters to visit next year, probably for each match or maybe just one mega thread. We'll be a bit more liberal in there when it comes to team bagging and so forth.

I'm not aware of the sanitisation you speak of as I am popping in and out of late. Obviously personal remarks and playing the man instead of the ball is not something we encourage unless both parties are clearly in to it and there are still BF abuse rules to consider.

As for 70s style political correctness ... BF as a site is not likely to indulge womanising, marginalising, bigotry even in jest. It's not a Carlton thing. If you are more meaning just calling someone a w*nker, again I'd come back to whether there are two willing parties and not just someone who can't control their anger. If it is just off topic banter stuff .... we let it run for a little bit then get things back on track, hell we even participate ... but the Blue Room is tailor made for more casual conversation.

Can you give me an example of where it is going wrong and what you would like to be able to say unhindered?

Thanks for the response ODN and I agree with what you are saying above. What I meant was not about that but you are probably right and it is time for me to move on. There were just a couple of posts today that got deleted and I really do not understand why. Anyway, perhaps it is just best if I have a spell for a while and come back bigger and better some other time. Keep up the good work. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the response ODN and I agree with what you are saying above. What I meant was not about that but you are probably right and it is time for me to move on. There were just a couple of posts today that got deleted and I really do not understand why. Anyway, perhaps it is just best if I have a spell for a while and come back bigger and better some other time. Keep up the good work. :thumbsu:

You don't need to go away. I'm just unaware what we are talking about here. Help a brother out.

You don't need to go away. I'm just unaware what we are talking about here. Help a brother out.

Hey ODN, not sure if it was you or another mod but it seems normal broadcasting has resumed and for that I offer my sincerest thanks. I know it is not an easy job but I just felt there was some Ray Chamberlain style modding going on and for what the discussion was it was uncalled for. I appreciate it being sorted so we can continue the discussion.

I fondly remember the day I took my grandfather strawberry farming, he was actually a keen potato farmer so this was not common for him but..........:)

Back