Round 22

Saturday, August 29

Gold Coast v Port Adelaide, Metricon Stadium, 7.20pm

Round 23

Saturday, September 25

Sydney v Gold Coast, SCG, TBA

weighted-rule.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Draw comes out next week lads , they usually leak round 1 , though haven't heard anything just yet . What does everyone want from the draw this year ??

To help with how our fixture will be done this year.
weighted-rule.jpg
I have no idea what that image is saying haha. Can someone please translate this?

I have no idea what that image is saying haha. Can someone please translate this?
It's just a way of determining which teams each club will play twice each season. There are 18 teams in the AFL which means each club will play the 17 teams at least once and 5 teams twice. The Suns fall into the category of middle 6 because they finished 12th in 2014. This means at least 2 of the 5 teams they play twice will be two of Essendon, Richmond, West Coast, Adelaide and Collingwood. Then they'll either draw two bottom 6 teams and one top 6 team or two top 6 teams and one bottom six team.

We know they are going to play Brisbane twice so that eliminates one of the five games they will double up with. Brisbane fall into the bottom 6 category so that could be the only bottom 6 team they play twice in 2014 but I doubt that. If I had to guess those five games right now I would say their opponents will be Brisbane (bottom 6), Carlton (bottom 6), Essendon (middle 6), Richmond (middle 6) and North Melbourne (top 6). The AFL likes to schedule at least a few big drawing games each year at Metricon so that's why some of those teams will be selected. Essendon and Brisbane are basically sure things for Metricon in 2014. I think Carlton will return because they can draw and so can Richmond.

It's just a way of determining which teams each club will play twice each season. There are 18 teams in the AFL which means each club will play the 17 teams at least once and 5 teams twice. The Suns fall into the category of middle 6 because they finished 12th in 2014. This means at least 2 of the 5 teams they play twice will be two of Essendon, Richmond, West Coast, Adelaide and Collingwood. Then they'll either draw two bottom 6 teams and one top 6 team or two top 6 teams and one bottom six team.

We know they are going to play Brisbane twice so that eliminates one of the five games they will double up with. Brisbane fall into the bottom 6 category so that could be the only bottom 6 team they play twice in 2014 but I doubt that. If I had to guess those five games right now I would say their opponents will be Brisbane (bottom 6), Carlton (bottom 6), Essendon (middle 6), Richmond (middle 6) and North Melbourne (top 6). The AFL likes to schedule at least a few big drawing games each year at Metricon so that's why some of those teams will be selected. Essendon and Brisbane are basically sure things for Metricon in 2014. I think Carlton will return because they can draw and so can Richmond.
Cheers mate, always love your input here (even though you've removed the Suns from 'other teams' and now therefore hate us all :p )

I'm hoping for another Collingwood game at Metricon - that would be grouse.

Cheers mate, always love your input here (even though you've removed the Suns from 'other teams' and now therefore hate us all :p )

I'm hoping for another Collingwood game at Metricon - that would be grouse.
No worries. Collingwood would be great but they've come to Metricon the last two years so I think it's doubtful at this stage. I'd imagine crowds overall will increase even if Collingwood doesn't make an appearance.

Hmm definitely a winnable game. A win in round one will surely boost our attendance at home in round two, too

Don't discount Melbourne...we've yet to see who they get in the draft with their picks 2 and 3, and they added a strong mix of veterans to go about it. I'd hate to treat them like easybeats and have done to us what we did to St. Kilda last year.

Don't discount Melbourne...we've yet to see who they get in the draft with their picks 2 and 3, and they added a strong mix of veterans to go about it. I'd hate to treat them like easybeats and have done to us what we did to St. Kilda last year.
I'm inclined to agree but as long as we go in with a level head then we should win. I can't see two high draft picks and an assortment of unwanted players adding to their already mediocre team. At least not in round one anyway.

In saying that, maybe Garlett and Lumumba will have fantastic years and the 2 and 3 picks will instantly be solid and we will underestimate their ability like essendon did this year. I'm penciling it in though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No frawley!! Whose there big lock down defenders..
McDonald and Garland go very well.

Dees started off this year very well, remember. We have to approach this at full throttle if we want to win. Another pre-season under Roos will really get them hard to score against.

I'm having a guess and saying round 2 will be Q clash at Metricon.

I'm having a guess and saying round 2 will be Q clash at Metricon.
Yep, I read last night that round 2 or 3 will be a rivalry round. Someone leaked that GWS is playing Sydney, so we can only assume that it'll be an AFL-wide clash. Although it makes me wonder what's going to happen if we play GWS in Canberra in round 4 as speculated.

We open the season in Melbourne, and if we were to play Brisbane in Metricon in round 2, we'll have an away game in round 3, then an away game again in round 4. Unless we play at home against a non-Brisbane club in round 2 and clash with the Lions in round 3 at the Gabba, I wouldn't be happy.

Yep, I read last night that round 2 or 3 will be a rivalry round. Someone leaked that GWS is playing Sydney, so we can only assume that it'll be an AFL-wide clash. Although it makes me wonder what's going to happen if we play GWS in Canberra in round 4 as speculated.

We open the season in Melbourne, and if we were to play Brisbane in Metricon in round 2, we'll have an away game in round 3, then an away game again in round 4. Unless we play at home against a non-Brisbane club in round 2 and clash with the Lions in round 3 at the Gabba, I wouldn't be happy.

We can narrow it down a little bit with the knowledge we already have. Although I know clubs don't always play a home game every second week, the AFL almost always has you playing away once and home once in the first two rounds. Brisbane are playing at home in round 1 and I highly doubt they'll play at the Gabba twice in the first two rounds so I'm going to predict the QClash will be played in round 3 at the Gabba. As for round 2, these are the teams playing at home in round 1 - Carlton, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Bulldogs, St Kilda, Adelaide, Fremantle and Hawthorn. I'm going to say round 2 will be against Carlton at Metricon because it's a crowd puller. So I've got it going like this so far:

Round 1 - Melbourne @ MCG
Round 2 - Carlton @ Metricon
Round 3 - Brisbane @ Gabba
Round 4 - GWS @ Manuka

That's a pretty good draw for the Suns. Four winnable matches and a blockbuster at Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back