Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do we need a tagger??

Taggers are usually for contenders looking to fill in a gap/match up issue.

We simply are not near contention to worry about taggers IMO.

Have RFC simply got it all wrong and massively overrated the list not grasping the list needed a lot more talent recruitment and development?
Have you not seen the way we get torn a new a-hole by opposition gun midfielders whilst ours get either grabbed,blocked, scragged, put out of position or just made redundant in the game .

Have you not seen the way we get torn a new a-hole by opposition gun midfielders whilst ours get either grabbed,blocked, scragged, put out of position or just made redundant in the game .

Just because we need better players does not mean we need a tagger.

If we had more talent opposition sides would need a tagger not us!!

We should not be trying to save matches, we should be trying to build a premiership team!

We should not be trying to save matches, we should be trying to build a premiership team!

Of course we need a tagger, every team has taggers including Premiership teams.

Ever heard of Will Langford or Cameron Ling?

A fringe player for 6 seasons averaging just over 10 games a season? Hmmm. :$

If we're serious about making finals next year and consistently then surely we'd want to see a more impressive CV than that?

Same age as Ben Griffiths, and has played nearly twice as many games. He may be a fringe player, but a fringe player at Geelong... who, as we all know, have had a decent amount of midfield depth over the last six years ;)

I reckon we give him a crack. He is the same age as the majority of our mids (they can all grow up and share success at the same age), and offers a lot more than simply being a "tagger."

like him as a player but think we can do just as well with a kid, we need ball magnets to get the bal;l and give it to guys like cotcvhin, lids and martin..

right now if i was an opposition coach playing the tigers i would smash Miles, take him out and you will stop us, he needs support

Would definitely take if over any injury concerns, played many good games in a very good side, still young, quick, tough, disciplined and cheap.

Of course we need a tagger, every team has taggers including Premiership teams.

Ever heard of Will Langford or Cameron Ling?

I am glad you brought this up.

Unlike Crowley, Ling and Langford are and were not taggers. Ling was originally a forward. Like Cornes they are good mids that run both ways emphasising the defensive side of their games. THey are NOT taggers!!

Langford was initially tagging but he made the GF because he was better than that. He kicked a few goals and has great reach.

These players as players, not taggers, are well above Hunt!!

Furthermore, without wanting to repeat myself, we are not near a premiership team to worry about taggers. Maybe if we get good enough in 3 years it might be worthwhile looking at recruiting and or developing a tagger.

Id be more keen on Burbury than Hunt.
Stop being so materialistic

burberry%20logo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

like him as a player but think we can do just as well with a kid, we need ball magnets to get the bal;l and give it to guys like cotcvhin, lids and martin..

right now if i was an opposition coach playing the tigers i would smash Miles, take him out and you will stop us, he needs support
I actually disagree with this. I don't think we have any real player able to do this week in and week out, and Hunt can do this well, Bird in the hand stuff.

I am glad you brought this up.

Unlike Crowley, Ling and Langford are and were not taggers. Ling was originally a forward. Like Cornes they are good mids that run both ways emphasising the defensive side of their games. THey are NOT taggers!!

Langford was initially tagging but he made the GF because he was better than that. He kicked a few goals and has great reach.

These players as players, not taggers, are well above Hunt!!

Furthermore, without wanting to repeat myself, we are not near a premiership team to worry about taggers. Maybe if we get good enough in 3 years it might be worthwhile looking at recruiting and or developing a tagger.
Oh please? Not taggers? Rubbish. You do realise they DONT just have to stop their man, but also be involved in the game in other area's? Surely?

Opposition do tag us ?
All the time.

I say sign him up if he's fit. Right age for our list and coming from one of the best clubs in the last 5-6 years where he can hopefully bring something to the team (not just on the field but with his standards in training etc).

If he's fit and healthy, I don't see why we shouldn't give him a chance.

Put it this way, I'd rather have someone like Hunt tagging Dangerfield or Griffen than watching Grigg plodding along 10 meters behind or Thomas busting a gut trying to keep up. :D

I say sign him up if he's fit. Right age for our list and coming from one of the best clubs in the last 5-6 years where he can hopefully bring something to the team (not just on the field but with his standards in training etc).

If he's fit and healthy, I don't see why we shouldn't give him a chance.

Put it this way, I'd rather have someone like Hunt tagging Dangerfield or Griffen than watching Grigg plodding along 10 meters behind or Thomas busting a gut trying to keep up. :D

Well said! Couldn't agree more

who do the hawks and swans have as a tagger?
What you need is well rounded footballers, guys that get it and also have a defensive mindset, relying on a tagger means you are targeting 1 player, good sides deal with that
what do the hawks do to opposition taggers??
a bit of that might help?
If he was such a good tagger and tagging is the way to go why is geelong getting rid of him? and who is their tagger now? i would suggest its Guthrie

who do the hawks and swans have as a tagger?
What you need is well rounded footballers, guys that get it and also have a defensive mindset, relying on a tagger means you are targeting 1 player, good sides deal with that
what do the hawks do to opposition taggers??
a bit of that might help?
If he was such a good tagger and tagging is the way to go why is geelong getting rid of him? and who is their tagger now? i would suggest its Guthrie

Exactly if Lids plays in the forward line and better players around Cotch no need to worry about taggers.

We are focusing on taggers because our support players are not good enough!

Get Cocky in to free up Cotch tag!!

Cocky is too quick for a tag and dish out to Cotch in space away from a tag!!

A fringe player for 6 seasons averaging just over 10 games a season? Hmmm. :$

If we're serious about making finals next year and consistently then surely we'd want to see a more impressive CV than that?

I just think from this point on our recycled players should be of the calibre of Dal Santo, Ryder, Giles, Greenwood, Malceski, Frawley and maybe Varcoe and even Griffen. I know that some of these players were never destined to make it to Richmond, however my point is this is the type we should be chasing. We need to be making serious moves.

Oh, and add a two month layoff with a groin injury? Respectfully PASS.
So get rid of Miles then?

Back