Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to have to trust our recruiters a bit that they've done sufficient homework on him.

I understand the reluctance considering he hasn't played much footy and been tested against many of the best in his cohort.

On the other hand, you can watch too much of kids as well and develop an overly positive or negative image.

Is he a hard worker? Does he have the skill set you want? Recruiters shouldn't over think it.

This is true but he did play with the best in this draft and got best on ground, coming off a injury, made isaac heeney look like a spud !

Pickett and Cockatoo are exactly what we need.

Pickett will be gone by 11 - GWS were big on him earlier in the year. Emma Quayle believed he could have gone number one. So obviously he's was/still rated very very highly. The flight risk is the biggest problem so it might work in our favour.

If he is gone, we must take the punt on Cockatoo. He's a pure inside contested abll winner - he just needs to get the ball and break out. Would be a massive dynamic upgrade on Priddis in the center.

Lots of talent in this draft. Can't wait for it.

The first 12 seconds shows why we need someone with Pickett's dynamic ability, pace, agility etc. in the team.

We need more highly attacking/offensive game changers to move the ball forward with purpose, vision, pace, creativity like Shuey, Yeo, Naitanui and unlike Priddis.

Best part about this draft is we have no 'lock'. Last year was all about Dom Sheed, this year it could be anyone. I'm excited. I'd be very happy with Pickett, however the more I look at it the more it seems as though GWS are going to take a punt on him. :(

Best part about this draft is we have no 'lock'. Last year was all about Dom Sheed, this year it could be anyone. I'm excited. I'd be very happy with Pickett, however the more I look at it the more it seems as though GWS are going to take a punt on him. :(
Problem with GWS is they have taken any good local NSW players in their academy . So they have no choice drafting interstate . There have been a lot of vic boys leave with Tyson Adams Boyd jaksch O'Rourke frost whiley all going in the last 2 years . How many WA boys have left ? GWS will have no fear of drafting Pickett

The first 12 seconds shows why we need someone with Pickett's dynamic ability, pace, agility etc. in the team.

We need more highly attacking/offensive game changers to move the ball forward with purpose, vision, pace, creativity like Shuey, Yeo, Naitanui and unlike Priddis.

How long do I watch before I see Quentin Lynch actually stick a mark? No good at about the 4 AND 5 min mark playing against u18's.
Pickett with a good run at the 2min mark after Collingwood get their first behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Pickett's best game was against SA. Some of the things he did in this game was very much like Peter Matera in his prime. Shame he didn't carry it over into some of the other games.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-14/draft-prospect-jarrod-pickett

Cockatoo reminds of a more dynamic-explosive Adam Goodes.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-15/draft-prospect-nakia-cockatoo

Maybe Geelong will take a punt on him at 10?

I've had a hard on for Cockatoo for a few weeks now.

When Geelong did that last second trade i had the exact same thought.

Some see Cockatoo as a huge risk, i get it, limited exposure and all that. But that one game is enough to have most sit up and take notice.

Showed flair, a tendency to shrug off tackles and release the ball. Clearing the ball from congestion with speed and strength and seems to love a goal when given the chance.

188cm and 84kg and fast as a whip.

It's not often fast, strong, midfielders come up.

The fact he is being talked about in the first round now compared to being an unknown only a few months ago shows what recruiters think of his attributes.

I would take him ahead of Weller, Ahern and probably Pickett.

I know it's a risk but there is plenty to suggest he is no shrinking violet and is aware of what his skills set can do for him and his game.

Absolutely no chance of making it to the second round.

I dare say quite a few clubs are looking at him and it's just a case of who pulls the trigger first.

I felt we may have been that team but with Geelong jumping ahead sadly i think we missed the boat.

He impressed a lot of people at the academy where he was training and i dare say if it wasn't for the stress fracture in his foot he would have torn the championships a new one. If he had we would be talking about him as a top 5 pick.

He got one chance to show his wares and tore it up, some say it was a throw away game but that's hilarious.

Before the draft with recruiters and clubs watching, there is no such thing.

Last edited:
I've had a hard on for Cockatoo for a few weeks now.

When Geelong did that last second trade i had the exact same thought.

Some see Cockatoo as a huge risk, i get it, limited exposure and all that. But that one game is enough to have most sit up and take notice.

Showed flair, a tendency to shrug off tackles and release the ball. Clearing the ball from congestion with speed and strength and seems to love a goal when given the chance.

188cm and 84kg and fast as a whip.

It's not often fast, strong, midfielders come up.

The fact he is being talked about in the first round now compared to being an unknown only a few months ago shows what recruiters think of his attributes.

I would take him ahead of Weller, Ahern and probably Pickett.

I know it's a risk but there is plenty to suggest he is no shrinking violet and is aware of what his skills set can do for him and his game.

Absolutely no chance of making it to the second round.

I dare say quite a few clubs are looking at him and it's just a case of who pulls the trigger first.

I felt we may have been that team but with Geelong jumping ahead sadly i think we missed the boat.

He impressed a lot of people at the academy where he was training and i dare say if it wasn't for the stress fracture in his foot he would have torn the championships a new one.

He got one chance to show his wares and tore it up, some say it was a throw away game but that's hilarious.

Before the draft with recruiters and clubs watching, there is no such thing.

Yeah could be a case of Chris scott getting one over Brad, I know North Melbourne are keen on him !

I know we all agree that we need more turnover of our list but it's getting embarrassing now. Listed below are numbers of players moved out via delist/retire/trade of various teams. We are at 4. At best we may get to 6 or 7 if Wilson/Carter/Tunners go, but that's still behind most of the league.

Adelaide – 9
Brisbane – 12
Carlton – 9
Pies – 9
Cats – 10
GC – 9
GWS – 8
Hawks – 8
Tigers – 9
Saints – 8
Swans – 7
Dogs - 9

I'm hoping Pickett's go home risk gets him over the line to us. He is the sort of player that could win a game off his boot.

Pickett and Cockatoo are exactly what we need.

Pickett will be gone by 11 - GWS were big on him earlier in the year. Emma Quayle believed he could have gone number one. So obviously he's was/still rated very very highly. The flight risk is the biggest problem so it might work in our favour.

If he is gone, we must take the punt on Cockatoo. He's a pure inside contested abll winner - he just needs to get the ball and break out. Would be a massive dynamic upgrade on Priddis in the center.

This is why we shouldn't pick cockatoo, i see the flight risk with him is far greater

I know we all agree that we need more turnover of our list but it's getting embarrassing now. Listed below are numbers of players moved out via delist/retire/trade of various teams. We are at 4. At best we may get to 6 or 7 if Wilson/Carter/Tunners go, but that's still behind most of the league.

Adelaide – 9
Brisbane – 12
Carlton – 9
Pies – 9
Cats – 10
GC – 9
GWS – 8
Hawks – 8
Tigers – 9
Saints – 8
Swans – 7
Dogs - 9

We're also one of the younger teams, so unless there are a bunch of players in the rookie draft who will be better than our current depth players I'm not personally that concerned about this. No point changing for the sake of change.

He's from the NT. If he goes home he'll be giving up on football

I'm personally not worried. He spent a week in Melbourne with North and travelled with the AIS

Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-missed-it-Flew-right-by-ya.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back