Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH I can't believe there is some people who prefer the paddle pop lion. Good luck to those people.

A demographic that pollsters would refer to as "being within the statistically negligible margin of error" :p

IMO, an earlier poster nailed it when they said that for many people, the resentment against the Paddlepop comes from it being a symptom of an era where the club totally lost the plot in terms of fan engagement - a symbol of Michael Bowers and Angus Johnson pigheadedness.

Last edited:
B0b6qB0CYAAF6KT.jpg:large

Wow the clique are grumpy this morning.

Clique my butt. I'm not part of the clique. What's merely been pointed out is that you said want to be quiet and dignified, without being quiet. That's after your "the board has been entirely captured by fitzroy diehards" comment, which is hardly dignified.

I'm my own clique. If you say you want to be quiet and dignified on the topic, then perhaps start now.

Looking forwards not backwards. lol

To quote the great C.S. Lewis:

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."

So we did a modelling shoot yesterday.

FRONT
mini-20141020_202505.jpg

BACK (NOTE GPS POCKET)

mini-10744729_10152521159472615_411119151_n.jpg

FRONT COMPARED WITH MY 2008 PUMA JUMPER (LEFT) and PREMIERSHIP ERA RUSSELL ATHLETIC JUMPER (RIGHT)
mini-20141020_202116.jpg

BACK COMPARED WITH MY 2008 PUMA JUMPER (LEFT) and PREMIERSHIP ERA RUSSELL ATHLETIC JUMPER (RIGHT)
mini-20141020_202009.jpg

AND FINALLY, BEING WE WERE FEELING CELEBRATORY, IT WAS TIME FOR FULL CAIPHUS POSE
mini-jumper1.jpg

Last edited:
Clique my butt. I'm not part of the clique. What's merely been pointed out is that you said want to be quiet and dignified, without being quiet. That's after your "the board has been entirely captured by fitzroy diehards" comment, which is hardly dignified.

I'm my own clique. If you say you want to be quiet and dignified on the topic, then perhaps start now.

Well said, and I too couldn't be any further from any clique.

As for the jumper, don't think we could have nailed the 2015 version any better and the back is so much more aesthetically pleasing.

Great day for our great club.

Is the gold paler than on the three peat, or is that just how it came out in the photo?
The trim? It's a different material to the older jumpers, which had a ribbed elastic style trim.

I think it is the easily the best version of the three. Front and back, I think everything is absolutely perfect.

The jumper does look better in almost every aspect bar those pesky watermarks, if they weren't there i'd say it's a clear winner, but really bitchin' about such a minor thing i'll live with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FRONT
View attachment 88454

BACK (NOTE GPS POCKET)

View attachment 88449

FRONT COMPARED WITH MY 2007 PUMA JUMPER (LEFT) and PREMIERSHIP ERA RUSSELL ATHLETIC JUMPER (RIGHT)
View attachment 88450

BACK COMPARED WITH MY 2007 PUMA JUMPER (LEFT) and PREMIERSHIP ERA RUSSELL ATHLETIC JUMPER (RIGHT)
View attachment 88451

AND FINALLY, BEING WE WERE FEELING CELEBRATORY, IT WAS TIME FOR FULL CAIPHUS POSE
View attachment 88455

Move over "blue steel".

TheBrownDog is that the consumer version of the jumper you're wearing there or the player issue? Do we get the gps pockets as well? Do they fit the same as the BLK paddlepop jumpers of this year (not expecting you to have put one on of course).

TheBrownDog is that the consumer version of the jumper you're wearing there or the player issue? Do we get the gps pockets as well? Do they fit the same as the BLK paddlepop jumpers of this year (not expecting you to have put one on of course).

Says "BLK On-Field Team Gear" on the label but so did the retail 3peat guernsey last year.

Originally bought two jumpers last night via the Lions shop, however Matt from the membership department gave me a call today and organised for that order to be refunded, gave me my member's discount (which brought the jumpers down to $90 - I was unaware my member's discount did not work) and organised for them to be paid for $9 per month (each) with my loyal lion payments. He also said that I did not have to pay postage and I would receive the jumpers ASAP despite paying them off.

Awesome customer service and great experience from my end by the club, especially after two disappointing transactions this year, one being the rude lady at the merchandise tent at our first Melbourne game this year, and secondly, the lack of communication from the Lions shop regarding the Brown jumper and the auctions earlier this year (also took the club over a week to respond to my emails, where I actually had to resend it to remind them).

Matt also confirmed the clash jumper to be released in November and that it is definitely white - not the gold bears inspired one some of us were suggesting/hoping. Will still be interesting if we can come up with a decent white clash for once. I wouldn't mind the return of the piss stain jumper minus the piss stain.

FRONT
View attachment 88454

BACK (NOTE GPS POCKET)

View attachment 88449

FRONT COMPARED WITH MY 2008 PUMA JUMPER (LEFT) and PREMIERSHIP ERA RUSSELL ATHLETIC JUMPER (RIGHT)
View attachment 88450

BACK COMPARED WITH MY 2008 PUMA JUMPER (LEFT) and PREMIERSHIP ERA RUSSELL ATHLETIC JUMPER (RIGHT)
View attachment 88451

View attachment 88455

Amazing how in one day we can go from 18th to 1st on the jumper ladder.

I believe the AFL now enforce that you must wear a white clash jumper, (Unless your jumper includes a sash of course) so under current AFL rules Gold clash is not an option.

the clash jumper will be interesting, but to be honest, after the jumper we have had the last five years, we could have the paddle pop taking a dump on the front of the jumper I am not going to complain, I am just so happy that our home and away jumper are now back.

I think they have looked at all our jumpers from 1997 to 2014 abnd created jumper perfection, I hope Lion size and Yoke position necver change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back