Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Hamling was Geelongs version of Notte - good skills but too lightly framed to be a KPP at AFL level and couldn't put on weight.

With Geelong delisting KPP projects in Hamling and Brown it gives me hope they might take a tall with pick 10 instead of a mid

Agree think Geelong are hopeful of one of Lever ,Durdin or Goddard .
Interesting that after pick 10 their next pick is 47 so if those 3 are gone they may even reach for a KPD player as they have only one KPD under 25 on their list .

Getting rid of Stanley suggests they will take a tall fwd McCartin or Wright

You'd think so, and with Riewoldt another year older as well but I still think they will grab Petracca.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Getting rid of Stanley suggests they will take a tall fwd McCartin or Wright
Or maybe they couldn't believe that they were offered pick 21 for him and snapped up the offer. Can worry about a tall at another time. You take best available at 1. 4 would have guaranteed them one of Wright or McCartin so they would have taken 4 and 7 for 1 if that's what they wanted.

neng

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2008
London
AFL Club
West Coast
Pickett's balance in that highlight package is unreal, has such good agility and speed. Hoping we take him.

Would be stoked if Blakely was still on the board with our second pick too. But maybe that's only because I don't know the other draftees from interstate very well.

I'm thinking Blaine Boekhorst in the rookie draft perhaps too. We've been keen for a few years now.

INSANE

Club Legend
Jan 28, 2009
deranged
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arjen Robben
Up there with Waylon Manson* and Tyson Chandler* of BigFooty yesteryear!

*may not be their actual names....
Tyler Chalwell? Caleb Mourish. Callum Burges.

Bit off topic here but does anyone know when pre-season training starts?

This year more than any I can remember would hold the most interest imo. Things of interest for me are................

Brophy and Adamson- how quickly can they look like they've played footy for a long time?
Muzza- what sort of condition is he in and has he maintained the rage?
Karpany and Sheed- how much better can they be with an injury free pre-season?
Waterman- what sort of impact will full time AFL life have on his interest body shape? Can he play rd1?
Yeo- now we know midfield is his future does he look like being the beastly 'big-bodied' mid we crave?

Interesting times.

Tyler Chalwell? Caleb Mourish. Callum Burges.

Bit off topic here but does anyone know when pre-season training starts?

This year more than any I can remember would hold the most interest imo. Things of interest for me are................

Brophy and Adamson- how quickly can they look like they've played footy for a long time?
Muzza- what sort of condition is he in and has he maintained the rage?
Karpany and Sheed- how much better can they be with an injury free pre-season?
Waterman- what sort of impact will full time AFL life have on his interest body shape? Can he play rd1?
Yeo- now we know midfield is his future does he look like being the beastly 'big-bodied' mid we crave?

Interesting times.

Was thinking the same thing re pre season. Searched for last years thread and the younger guys started in early November (~6th) with the rest of the group coming back two weeks later. I'd say we're still 2 to 3 weeks from starting

Other thing I'm interested in seeing asides from those you mentioned is how much work we get into naitanui over preseason

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Or maybe they couldn't believe that they were offered pick 21 for him and snapped up the offer. Can worry about a tall at another time. You take best available at 1. 4 would have guaranteed them one of Wright or McCartin so they would have taken 4 and 7 for 1 if that's what they wanted.

Was the pick 4 + 7 swap for pick 1 accurate or BF speculation ?

Was the pick 4 + 7 swap for pick 1 accurate or BF speculation ?
Was reported as happening by jake Niall - he's generally pretty good so I'd say it was legit

None. The top 5/6 would likely stay the same, just the positions in which they are taken would likely change

Petracca
Mccartin
Brayshaw
Wright
Laverde
Lever

Seems to the consensus on the draft board from what I've seen. Most people had Aish going top 5 last year though and he slid to 7th so perception can change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back