LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had one meal/dish to prepare to sell someone on this lifestyle what would it be?

I was just talking to my dad who has recently started taking high blood pressure medication, and spouts the 'everything in moderation including carbs, sugar and fats' and I tried to convince him that a HFLC might work for him. I recently tried to get him to kick his sugar habit through doing a family 'sugar free September' in which he lasted only a few days. His breakfast yesterday was 3 pieces of toast, with honey and margarine, and a large glass of milk with nesquick. The only vegetable he eats is potatoes. I think the only way he will believe the benefit of the lifestyle is to see its effects first hand, so I want to start introducing it into family meal time without him being too aware of what is going on.

You'd be doing well to find any soy or corn that isn't GMO in the USA, all wheat has been hybridised to handle the climate n environment.

All the GMO studies done stating its safety would be funded by Monsanto somewhere along the line.
GMO is bad news unless you have shares in it

I have no doubt both points above are true, but are there any factual studies to back it up at the current point in time?

If you had one meal/dish to prepare to sell someone on this lifestyle what would it be?

I was just talking to my dad who has recently started taking high blood pressure medication, and spouts the 'everything in moderation including carbs, sugar and fats' and I tried to convince him that a HFLC might work for him. I recently tried to get him to kick his sugar habit through doing a family 'sugar free September' in which he lasted only a few days. His breakfast yesterday was 3 pieces of toast, with honey and margarine, and a large glass of milk with nesquick. The only vegetable he eats is potatoes. I think the only way he will believe the benefit of the lifestyle is to see its effects first hand, so I want to start introducing it into family meal time without him being too aware of what is going on.

Steak and sweet potatos ??

We need to separate from that a Paleo or Primal diet is good because our ancestors ate that way & recognise them as good eating practices, their diets were pretty much chosen for them due to food accessibility & availability where they lived, problem with today's society is we have too much to choose from n make the wrong choices.
And are uneducated thru lack of research and entrusting in either the media, Company marketing, health professionals &/or anyone else that has an agenda or influence on what we should or shouldn't eat.

It just so happens to be that the food list on a Paleo or Primal diet has many benefits , or more so not eating foods that aren't on the list .
LCHF or Keto doesn't nessecerally mean your eating healthy, generally it does but theres's lots of foods that fall under the category of high fat low carb that wouldn't eat , so what I'm saying is there's LCHF & there's LCHF.

One meal on a Desert Island forever would be - Pork belly and broccoli with an avocado and coconut cream sauce. That would keep my mind and body going forever.

I'd have to say a medium cooked lamb back strap smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce accompanied by broccoli, cauliflower , Brussel sprouts, avocado, butter all mashed together heavily Pink Hymalayan Salted.

Try this for mushroom sauce recipe, sautée the mushrooms in coconut oil n butter, add cream, generous teaspoon of Vege stock, mustard, almond meal as thickener.
Mix it all around til you happy with the texture, want the sauce thicker then add more almond meal.
Pour over meat of choice, delist!

This mushroom sauce is also a good LCHF carbonara option by adding bacon & shallots, Garlic too if you like.

Pour it over zucchini noodles or you can get mungbeen noodles which are 30g carb per 100g but 20f is fibre so only 10g net carbs so you can enjoy a Keto carbonara!
Add diced chicken too.

Anyone who reckons Keto or LCHF living is too restrictive are just plain n simple lazy.

Pork Belly strips for a quick meal pan fried. A slab of pork belly slow roasted and crackly if I have time. Nothing beats it. I also hate the fact that people associate lchf as all meat and cheese. I am eating more vegies than ever, at least 8 a day.

Just watched Cereal Killers again, made me all warm and fuzzy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, that will be my target demographic if i get into it.
Apart from a few years we are of similar vintage, and the last thing a 50-60yo at the gym would want is advice from a 20 something who has just completed a cert 3 or 4 PT or Nutrition telling them what to do.

Not having a go at them, but life skills and the been their done that comes into play with the oldies.

Apart from a few years we are of similar vintage, and the last thing a 50-60yo at the gym would want is advice from a 20 something who has just completed a cert 3 or 4 PT or Nutrition telling them what to do.

Not having a go at them, but life skills and the been their done that comes into play with the oldies.
yep. plus although I'm nearly 50 I pass for early 30s. I imagine you are much the same.

Nothing worse than some doctor/nutritionist giving advice who are fat and sickly looking I reckon.

I think it was the missus that told me the other night that the Minister for Health in the UK was morbidly obese.
Belgium.
Believe it or not this is her.

Maggie-De-Block.jpg

Is she too fat to be a Health Minister? Critics attack 20-stone woman leading Belgium's battle against obesity

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/fat-health-minister-critics-attack-4435156

nothing is cheap these days eh.

Hopefully it qualifies for goverment FEEHELP?
Given I work in the hospitality industry I should be able to claim it as further education. Hotels have gyms after all, as far as the ATO is concerned I'm looking to get a better understanding of gym operations :)

At least she can relate to Obese people, seriously what an f'ing joke, whomever employed her should be shot.
Be like going to a dentist & he has rotten teeth!
Or a fat personal trainer... I've always thought that's like getting a homeless person to be your career councilor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back