Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn ... Tom Boyd's coronation at VUWO would have been headline news all over the country if not for Whitlam. After 98 years surely Gough could've done the decent thing and held out another day? Doesn't he talk to Julia?

Damn ... Tom Boyd's coronation at VUWO would have been headline news all over the country if not for Whitlam. After 98 years surely Gough could've done the decent thing and held out another day? Doesn't he talk to Julia?

As much as I am excited today by TB arriving at VUWO, I am greatly saddened by the passing of EGW.

And for some context - Gough was 18 years away from the prime-ministership, and 38 years old, when we last won a flag. After a 60-year wait, "It's Time"...

As much as I am excited today by TB arriving at VUWO, I am greatly saddened by the passing of EGW.

And for some context - Gough was 18 years away from the prime-ministership, and 38 years old, when we last won a flag. After a 60-year wait, "It's Time"...
Agree. And couldn't the ALP could do with a Gough right now!
I can remember the "It's Time" campaign. I was a 20 yo and already had my conscription papers (deferred while I did uni). It was my first opportunity to vote... it was a no-brainer!

To be honest, I'm just as impressed with Tom Boyd as a speaker as I am with him as a physical specimen.

He knew what to say in response to all the questions thrown at him, how to deflect them/stay neutral. I know these guys get media coaching, but for a 19 year old to come across as level headed and balanced as he did, he's a natural.

'Well may we say "God save the Queen", because nothing will save GWS'

Yes.... not much to celebrate for that anniversary apart from the Tomminator signing - maybe it's an omen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. And couldn't the ALP could do with a Gough right now!
I can remember the "It's Time" campaign. I was a 20 yo and already had my conscription papers (deferred while I did uni). It was my first opportunity to vote... it was a no-brainer!

Luckily my birthday didn't come up in the birthday ballot for national service, but if it had Gough would have saved me.

Back in 1973 a few weeks after I began as a new public servant the magnificent man gave us a huge pay rise, a 36 3/4 hr week, 4 weeks annual leave with leave loading, maternity leave and shorter period to qualify for long service leave (no wonder there were budget problems :)). And I have been forever grateful.

Vale Gough

Going to get Eric Mackenzie first up in his first game for the club at home. I can see the eagles as being a winnable game this season. No glass and Cox and they havent added to the midfield at all. Might be a chance round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back