Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LIVERPOOL, Sydney FC, Nottm Forest
signed with them in the (European) Summer transfer window on the proviso that he played with Perth glory this season (may have been the 13/14 season and not the 14/15 one).

From all reports is a winger more than an attacker. His link up play is sublime
Yes he joins Roma from the 2015-16 season from memory.

j-walter-weatherman.jpg

And that's why you should never buy a player based off World Cup form.

I'm hoping for a win obviously but would take a draw or 1 goal loss. We really need Carrick back at CM to protect the back 4 because as good as Blind is on the ball he's not big enough to protect them from a Drogba. What I hope we'll do (with Herrera injured):

De Gea
Rafael - Jones - McNair - Shaw
Carrick (c) - Blind
Januzaj - Mata - Di Maria
Falcao​

I'm hoping for a win obviously but would take a draw or 1 goal loss. We really need Carrick back at CM to protect the back 4 because as good as Blind is on the ball he's not big enough to protect them from a Drogba. What I hope we'll do (with Herrera injured):

De Gea
Carrick (c) - Blind
Falcao​
Drogba won't start, I think it'll be Remy. Will probably see us line the same as against Palace but Luis in for Azpi and maybe Schurrle for Willian if he gets over his illness.

Ashton Agar

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Why is Rojo getting games? He is s**t. Can we **** him off in January? The new Johnny Evans. Also, if we're only playing 1 forward, can we at least have 2 central mids?
He may be s**t but he's your best centre back. Jones? Evans? Smalling?

De Gea
Carrick (c) - Blind
Falcao​
Drogba won't start. Remy will start if Costa is still not fit.

He may be s**t but he's your best centre back. Jones? Evans? Smalling?

Drogba won't start. Remy will start if Costa is still not fit.
youre_serious_futurama.gif

Jones, Smalling, McNair, Blackett, Evans are all better than him. I would honestly rather Rafael as a Centre Half to Rojo. He is that bad.

Ashton Agar

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
youre_serious_futurama.gif

Jones, Smalling, McNair, Blackett, Evans are all better than him. I would honestly rather Rafael as a Centre Half to Rojo. He is that bad.
Good luck relying on those 3 hacks, or a couple of kids, against the attack of Chelsea's standard. I suppose you could give Blind a go at CB. He's played there before at Ajax.

This is why Man U were never going to ne a threat this season. Your attack is brilliant on paper but your defence Is worse than ours.(and that's saying something).

Good luck relying on those 3 hacks, or a couple of kids, against the attack of Chelsea's standard. I suppose you could give Blind a go at CB. He's played there before at Ajax.

This is why Man U were never going to ne a threat this season. Your attack is brilliant on paper but your defence Is worse than ours.(and that's saying something).
You're seriously under rating Jones. Yeah, he made a few mistakes but it was his first game back from injury. Get another Centre Half in January to partner him then we'll be fine

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Bit of a change of pace from the Premier League, La Liga etc.

The FFA cup (equivalent of the AFL's Foxtel Cup) is on tonight.

Is actually fascinating watching two club teams playing in a suburban environment with the chance to play off against a professional sporting club (Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United later on tonight).

Love the atmosphere these suburban grounds bring, the allegiances the locals bring as well as the benefits the opposing clubs gain from playing in such a competition.

Imagine the local AFL clubs in Melbourne playing off in an FFA style competition with the chance to play off against a semi professional VFL outfit.

Would never work but love the atmosphere it brings

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Bit of a change of pace from the Premier League, La Liga etc.

The FFA cup (equivalent of the AFL's Foxtel Cup) is on tonight.

Is actually fascinating watching two club teams playing in a suburban environment with the chance to play off against a professional sporting club (Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United later on tonight).

Love the atmosphere these suburban grounds bring, the allegiances the locals bring as well as the benefits the opposing clubs gain from playing in such a competition.

Imagine the local AFL clubs in Melbourne playing off in an FFA style competition with the chance to play off against a semi professional VFL outfit.

Would never work but love the atmosphere it brings

Yeah, there was talk at one stage of the winner of the Foxtel Cup getting to play in the NAB Cup, which then became the NAB Challenge and lost its trophy at the end, making the whole concept useless.

As for the FFA Cup, they've done a great job considering it is the first go at it. Nice that it is happening in the 10th year of the A-League, a nice little progress milestone. I also love the fact the lower team always gets the home ground advantage, plus it is played mid-week to avoid any AFL/NRL clashes in the earlier rounds played during those football seasons.

And if WSW can get a result on Sunday morning, that would be one of the more incredible achievements by a professional sporting organisation in recent memory.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Yeah, there was talk at one stage of the winner of the Foxtel Cup getting to play in the NAB Cup, which then became the NAB Challenge and lost its trophy at the end, making the whole concept useless.

As for the FFA Cup, they've done a great job considering it is the first go at it. Nice that it is happening in the 10th year of the A-League, a nice little progress milestone. I also love the fact the lower team always gets the home ground advantage, plus it is played mid-week to avoid any AFL/NRL clashes in the earlier rounds played during those football seasons.

And if WSW can get a result on Sunday morning, that would be one of the more incredible achievements by a professional sporting organisation in recent memory.

If/when the VFL/VFA finally splits and we do get separation from the "VFL reserves" as has been mooted many times in recent years then we could see something like this played against the top state league teams.

Imagine someone like Cranbourne Football Club playing against the Williamstown seagulls in a Cup tie somewhere

Ashton Agar

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Is Rojo still our best centre half Ashton Agar?
I've gone away and here there is no Foxtel, so I haven't seen any of your game, so I'll take your word that he was s**t. If you are relying on Evans/Joness/Smalling as your numbber one, I can't wait until next week, we might be half a chance of scoring.

I've gone away and here there is no Foxtel, so I haven't seen any of your game, so I'll take your word that he was s**t. If you are relying on Evans/Joness/Smalling as your numbber one, I can't wait until next week, we might be half a chance of scoring.
Jones and Smalling are injured. Rojo is worse than all 3.

So who do you expect to start in defence against us?
Well with our injuries the back 4 I hope to see is:

Valencia - Evans - McNair - Young

Although Rafael might be back so slot him in at LB

Back