Toast Egghead Words and Phrases Kudos Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to reward those who aim for excellence in their BF missives.

So here is a thread dedicated to those who do so, including those who employ underused words and phrases a la these:

............ Now a pure rebuild is the new way to go. And apparently we aren't doing that despite having one of the youngest lists in the league and bringing in a 19 year old for a bunch of almost 30s. The dissonance is mind bending.

the dog's kennel said:
Mea Culpa. Me too.

snags said:
Yes, memories fade, John Reilly (mea culpa for the mis spell). .............

the dog's kennel said:
Something to remember when listening to all the blowtorchery is that people in the media don't necessarily have much of a clue.

....... Caro had a mea culpa about Tambling.

DognBones said:
Stevens: king of the fumblers, I suggested in a pre-season post that he could be one of our top players this season - Mea Culpa.

That is all, I've been driven to the drink.

australian idle said:
I'm happy to put a mea culpa forward after today's performance.

After his performance today all I can say in my own feeble defence is that I never called for his trading or de-listing.
Chicago1 said:
I had the scores open on my computer during the match while I watched Big Brother After Dark on TV here. I fell asleep. I didn't miss much on either it seems.

I really do resent the fact that I had to tip Richmond. It seemed as if I was committing a Mortal Sin. Mea culpa.
Bazzas Lovechild said:
Your wit is far too subtle for me Sir. Apologies for jumping in thinking you were a prat. Should have guessed you were extracting the Michael. I've enjoyed your posts in the past and was a little suprised by this. I obviously need to hone my sarcasm detector.

Mea Culpa :eek:
bresker said:
Oops, sorry mods, this was meant for the main AFL board.

Mea Culpa.:eek:
Captain Sensible said:
Mea Culpa. I asked the fella standing next to me who the guy running laps with Croft was and he told me it was Bassett. Given that he was injured and a little undersized it seemed a fair enough assumption at the time.

Didnt see any blood nuts in the crowd were you there for the whole session BR? I was there with a five year old who asked a LOT of questions and was holding a footy. We left about halfway through.

Last edited:

Whats a mea culpa?
Wiki:

Mea culpa is a Latin phrase that translates into English as "through my fault".

In the popular vernacular, the expression mea culpa is an admission of having made a mistake by one's own fault (one that could have been avoided if the person had been more diligent). It may be used even in trivial situations: if a sports player, for instance, admits that his team lost a game because he missed an opportunity to score, this may be called a mea culpa, meaning that he admitted his mistake, which he could have avoided (at least in theory), and that resulted in a subsequent evil.

I was an altar boy back in the 60s, took four years of Latin in high school and have taken graduate courses in Religious Studies, so I can use "mea culpa" whenever I God damn please! And the candles I lit in church to get Tom Boyd worked! So there.:mad:

Oh yeah... I ain't no egghead!

;)

I was an altar boy back in the 60s, took four years of Latin in high school and have taken graduate courses in Religious Studies, so I can use "mea culpa" whenever I God damn please! And the candles I lit in church to get Tom Boyd worked! So there.:mad:

Oh yeah... I ain't no egghead!

;)

Err, hope I wasn't outta line with that crack about eggheads. The thread is intended to be lauditory.

So the candles did the trick in landing the Tomminator? Gracias!

Err, hope I wasn't outta line with that crack about eggheads. The thread is intended to be lauditory.

So the candles did the trick in landing the Tomminator? Gracias!

Please, don't tell me that you didn't write that on purpose! If so, you'd better join the "mea culpa" gang. Or is it a cult?

And, yes, the candles worked. The candles always work.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back