Jobs Dominated By Men Still The Most Deadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.smh.com.au/national/10-deadliest-jobs-in-australia-20141019-118cnj.html

Clear evidence that there needs to be done towards OHS in Australia and focus on men's issues. Clearly currently there needs to be more funding allocated than this especially when compared to what domestic violence is given for example.
"Domestic violence" would be first or second on the graphic in that article.

Some unions claiming to be for safety actually act in a way which reduces it.
Please give us examples.

"Domestic violence" would be first or second on the graphic in that article.

Please give us examples.
Apparently am actually told there is a death from domestic violence to women a week which would still place it below the top one or two occupations that uinfortunately have workplace death.

CFMEU put people at risk really through actions like their pickets which are illegal.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/10-deadliest-jobs-in-australia-20141019-118cnj.html

Clear evidence that there needs to be done towards OHS in Australia and focus on men's issues. Clearly currently there needs to be more funding allocated than this especially when compared to what domestic violence is given for example.

Women generally only earn 70% or so of what males earn for the same Job.

Give women all the dangerous jobs. If as in Islam, we consider them two to make one man then the death rate should drop by half.

Just kidding of course. I am a feminist supporter.

Regards
DL

Women generally only earn 70% or so of what males earn for the same Job.

This never makes any sense. How do they prove this?

Where are the pay slips of this vast amount of women being paid less for doing exactly the same job as a man?

This never makes any sense. How do they prove this?

Where are the pay slips of this vast amount of women being paid less for doing exactly the same job as a man?
Come on. Don't be ridiculous.

Come on. Don't be ridiculous.

No really. Show me where male teachers for example get paid more than female teachers. Must be loads of examples of this out there given how the view is pushed so much as a fact. Male nurses too.

No really. Show me where male teachers for example get paid more than female teachers. Must be loads of examples of this out there given how the view is pushed so much as a fact. Male nurses too.
You're pretending you believe that these statistics are gathered by physically collecting pay slips and adding them up. That's ridiculous and obtuse.

Contribute like a reasonable person or leave.

You're pretending you believe that these statistics are gathered by physically collecting pay slips and adding them up. That's ridiculous and obtuse.

He has been. His comments are correct. Care to actually dispute them with facts? That nurses, teachers for example get paid less on gender. What about evidence suggesting women getting paid more up unitl volunteering to step away to have a kid(s).

Who collects it then? You're claiming it's true so where can I view the independent data that supports the claims. For such a claim why should it just be taken as fact with no proof of its validity.

CFMEU put people at risk really through actions like their pickets which are illegal.

What an absolute load of crap.

Like mentioned earlier picket lines are OFF site and never has there been a death that i am aware of on a picket line by a worker attending one. Pickett lines are also very rare nowadays and besides the Grocon CBD job there has not been one for years. Clutch at another straw if you think a picket line is putting workers lives at risk...... What about a boss asking a worker/dogman to hook a load to a crane with chains that have not been tested and tagged to ensure safety or else he will be sacked?? You know what happens when that chain breaks under load, besides killing other workers on site?? The worker goes to jail now NOT the boss for telling him to do it, the boss will wipe his hands clean with it saying to worksafe " I didn't tell him to work with unsafe chains " . I have seen it first hand many times. Worksafe are gunning for the qualified worker who hooked up the load but little do they know before the lift the boss ignored requests for new chains or a set that was tagged and safe for heavy lifting. The worker just gets told to " Hook the stuff up you sook or i will sack ya ya bum " ..... etc etc.

You ever worked on a construction site with the CFMEU and shop stewards on site compared to one without them?? ANY on site/hands on worker will tell you you as clear as day that they would prefer to have a CFMEU shop steward on site looking out for them safety wise and preventing the boss from making them work unsafely. You think a boss gives a stuff about you working safely??? The only thing 90% of boss's want's is more production whether that is done safely or not they do not give a s**t as long as deadlines are met and the company is making $$$$.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You ever worked on a construction site with the CFMEU and shop stewards on site compared to one without them?? ANY on site/hands on worker will tell you you as clear as day that they would prefer to have a CFMEU shop steward on site looking out for them safety wise and preventing the boss from making them work unsafely. You think a boss gives a stuff about you working safely??? The only thing 90% of boss's want's is more production whether that is done safely or not they do not give a s**t as long as deadlines are met and the company is making $$$$.

I have. Productivity was far better without CFMEU members on site when compared to when they were on site.

To say bosses don't give a stuff about their workers reads like Union propogranda. Like the only people that care for workers are unions. That's rather humorous.

Who collects it then? You're claiming it's true so where can I view the independent data that supports the claims. For such a claim why should it just be taken as fact with no proof of its validity.
Obtuse.

I have. Productivity was far better without CFMEU members on site when compared to when they were on site.

To say bosses don't give a stuff about their workers reads like Union propogranda. Like the only people that care for workers are unions. That's rather humorous.

Typical response i expected from you.

You just know everything and have done everything. :rolleyes:

You pretty much remind me why i do not venture onto this board much.

Typical response i expected from you.

You just know everything and have done everything. :rolleyes:

You pretty much remind me why i do not venture onto this board much.

Yes, how dare I have had negative experiences with the CFMEU. Let's all have had wonderful experiences with them so we can validate your point.

I actually went to a union rally the other month. They were a delight to march with. Unlike the CMFEU.

What an absolute load of crap.

Like mentioned earlier picket lines are OFF site and never has there been a death that i am aware of on a picket line by a worker attending one. Pickett lines are also very rare nowadays and besides the Grocon CBD job there has not been one for years. Clutch at another straw if you think a picket line is putting workers lives at risk...... What about a boss asking a worker/dogman to hook a load to a crane with chains that have not been tested and tagged to ensure safety or else he will be sacked?? You know what happens when that chain breaks under load, besides killing other workers on site?? The worker goes to jail now NOT the boss for telling him to do it, the boss will wipe his hands clean with it saying to worksafe " I didn't tell him to work with unsafe chains " . I have seen it first hand many times. Worksafe are gunning for the qualified worker who hooked up the load but little do they know before the lift the boss ignored requests for new chains or a set that was tagged and safe for heavy lifting. The worker just gets told to " Hook the stuff up you sook or i will sack ya ya bum " ..... etc etc.

CFMEU staff like to make threats on worksites. Find it funny considering their views on safety.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back