Ultimate Glory JON O'RAWK is now a Hourke

Remove this Banner Ad

A family member of mine works at the club, and I asked her if she knew why we were into O'Rourke, and apparently the recruiters were of the opinion that you don't turn down someone with the potential to win a brownlow when they're going as cheap as pick 19 and really just lack a bit of confidence.

A family member of mine works at the club, and I asked her if she knew why we were into O'Rourke, and apparently the recruiters were of the opinion that you don't turn down someone with the potential to win a brownlow when they're going as cheap as pick 19 and really just lack a bit of confidence.

that sounds like a good reason, i guess its worth the gamble, put 50 games and a few pre-seasons into him and we'll see.........

If he's going to win a brownlow he either plays in 9 or 44, trends like that don't come along every dynasty.

Col Austin 9
Dipper 9
Platten 44
Crawford 9

So he either adds to the 44's or shores up the 9's with the lone 44 as a singularity.

I hope he develops into a very good Hawk, but gee, his "highlight reel" on the story on him on AFL.com doesn't get me excited, early days though, he will be good when we inject some "go when it's your turn" Hawk into him.

I hope he develops into a very good Hawk, but gee, his "highlight reel" on the story on him on AFL.com doesn't get me excited, early days though, he will be good when we inject some "go when it's your turn" Hawk into him.
Was thinking the same thing. His "highlights" in the video posted today by Hawthorn were more turnovers and half tackles

If he's going to win a brownlow he either plays in 9 or 44, trends like that don't come along every dynasty.

Col Austin 9
Dipper 9
Platten 44
Crawford 9

So he either adds to the 44's or shores up the 9's with the lone 44 as a singularity.
Mitchell 5?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilly was much the same and he certainly puts it on the line more now than he first did.

Had a look at him in the replay of the GWS Freo game earlier this year. Has very very quick hands. They are great.

He was in numerous centre bounces and he lost touch on his opponent every time. Looked a mile off being an AFL centre square mid in terms of positioning so will need some decent programming. But he moves well and is a good size. I think he will go through the HBF initially and wing.

Must agree with this, his highlights would suggest he has no idea! Not one decent deposal, his decision making with his disposal options was also non existent. It may take him while to learn our winning ways.

O'rourke is pure speculative.. Just watch his game against nth and am wondering how he went at pick 2. Let's hope hawks can change him as he appears very sub afl level.

Lacks aggression n competitiveness, handball skills are quiet odd, kicking skill is ok .. Is adequate physically but lacks any confidence or composure .. Most if not all possies in the nth game was non contested. . Reckon he struggles in the contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back