Society/Culture Violence in Society; Who is to blame?

Remove this Banner Ad

... and then show an inability to concede that someone may have a different opinion to you without feeling the need to mock them and then run from the debate.
Au contraire am more than happy to claim a different opinion from you and freely acknowledge that I advocate and support the rights and equality of women.

Au contraire am more than happy to claim a different opinion from you and freely acknowledge that I advocate and support the rights and equality of women.

How do you measure equality when women have more rights and benefits in certain areas than men? And vice versa.

Have seen women go into the mens though...

I'm sorry. What?

What is this "greater society"? What makes it great? And why does it generally frown upon and dismiss feminism?
Greater society is the greater percentage. Why else do you think pretty much all of the society condemns anything remotely negative that happens to women but yet only a minority consider themselves feminist? I pretty much answered your last question the part of my post that you didn't quote.

Greater society is the greater percentage. Why else do you think pretty much all of the society condemns anything remotely negative that happens to women but yet only a minority consider themselves feminist? I pretty much answered your last question the part of my post that you didn't quote.
What?

How does greater society mean greater percentage? Even in the context you wrote it in, it doesn't mean that.

Feminism is for equality.
Who doesn't consider themselves feminist?
You said, in your own post, that "pretty much all of society condemns anything remotely negative that happens to women".
Firstly, that's wrong.
Secondly, anyone who condemns anything remotely negative towards women, is an extremist. Just because something "remotely negative" happens towards a woman, doesn't mean it should be condemned... That's ridiculous.

You are obviously confusing extremist feminism, with feminism.
And you didn't answer me in your previous quote at all. It was mostly gibberish, anti-feminism, and complaints of another poster.

What?

How does greater society mean greater percentage? Even in the context you wrote it in, it doesn't mean that.

Feminism is for equality.
Who doesn't consider themselves feminist?
You said, in your own post, that "pretty much all of society condemns anything remotely negative that happens to women".
Firstly, that's wrong.
Secondly, anyone who condemns anything remotely negative towards women, is an extremist. Just because something "remotely negative" happens towards a woman, doesn't mean it should be condemned... That's ridiculous.

You are obviously confusing extremist feminism, with feminism.
And you didn't answer me in your previous quote at all. It was mostly gibberish, anti-feminism, and complaints of another poster.
By definition feminism is about equality but the definition is essentially redundant when the practice generally consists of hypocrisy, double standards and false-truths. When people continually bare witness to the self-entitled, pretentious and dismissive attitudes of feminists when discussing/promoting/advertising feminism, do you really think they are going to care what the dictionary or google says?

As for remotely negative, I will admit that was an exaggeration. I was referring to women being beaten, raped, subjected to humiliation, etc.

By definition feminism is about equality but the definition is essentially redundant when the practice generally consists of hypocrisy, double standards and false-truths. When people continually bare witness to the self-entitled, pretentious and dismissive attitudes of feminists when discussing/promoting/advertising feminism, do you really think they are going to care what the dictionary or google says?

As for remotely negative, I will admit that was an exaggeration. I was referring to women being beaten, raped, subjected to humiliation, etc.
Your entire post is garbage, and almost reprehensible.

Just because there are people out there, who believe feminism is evil, because that is what they are told, doesn't mean that the definition is wrong, or even that the majority are in the same boat.

You cannot state that extremist feminism is feminism, nor that that it is what everyone thinks of it, without backing it up.

I am a feminist, because I believe gender is irrelevant when it comes to human rights.
I am a feminist, because I believe in equality.

I am do not practice in hypocrisy, double standards or false-truths.
I am not self-entitled.
I can be pretentious, but who hasn't?

I think people won't care what your definition is.
And I would put money down, that more people care what a dictionary definition is, or what google says about something, more than they care what you say.

You're stance is ridiculous.

Feminism is the ideal that women will be equal to men.
Extremism from any ideology exists, but that doesn't mean that the actual ideology is bad.

And I don't even know what to say about your last paragraph.

Remotely negative is an exaggeration to beatings and rape?
You are pathetic.

Your entire post is garbage, and almost reprehensible.

Just because there are people out there, who believe feminism is evil, because that is what they are told, doesn't mean that the definition is wrong, or even that the majority are in the same boat.

You cannot state that extremist feminism is feminism, nor that that it is what everyone thinks of it, without backing it up.

I am a feminist, because I believe gender is irrelevant when it comes to human rights.
I am a feminist, because I believe in equality.

I am do not practice in hypocrisy, double standards or false-truths.
I am not self-entitled.
I can be pretentious, but who hasn't?

I think people won't care what your definition is.
And I would put money down, that more people care what a dictionary definition is, or what google says about something, more than they care what you say.

You're stance is ridiculous.

Feminism is the ideal that women will be equal to men.
Extremism from any ideology exists, but that doesn't mean that the actual ideology is bad.

And I don't even know what to say about your last paragraph.

Remotely negative is an exaggeration to beatings and rape?
You are pathetic.
Really? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that non-extreme feminists can spew out the rhetoric that extremists do.

You're last two lines is a classic example of a typical feminist taking what I said out of context, twisting what I say to make it sound like I'm dismissing the act of beatings and rape. I wasn't doing that, I was taking back what I said in context as I'd wrongly assumed that you would pick up the gist of what I was talking about. Now that I know you're like this, I will be more direct and precise with you in the future.

So tell me, if the majority of people believe in the dictionary meaning of feminism then why did Emma Watson bother making a speech on feminism to address the negativity surrounding feminism? Why did it gain so much attention? Why do all non-feminist and non-MRA surveys show that more then half of women don't even care for or consider themselves feminists? Is it all a conspiracy? It is all fabricated?

Anyone with any community awareness knows that the word feminism has a negative stigma attached to it. I can't believe you're trying to dispute this.

Clueless.

Really? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that non-extreme feminists can spew out the rhetoric that extremists do.

You're last two lines is a classic example of a typical feminist taking what I said out of context, twisting what I say to make it sound like I'm dismissing the act of beatings and rape. I wasn't doing that, I was taking back what I said in context as I'd wrongly assumed that you would pick up the gist of what I was talking about. Now that I know you're like this, I will be more direct and precise with you in the future.

So tell me, if the majority of people believe in the dictionary meaning of feminism then why did Emma Watson bother making a speech on feminism to address the negativity surrounding feminism? Why did it gain so much attention? Why do all non-feminist and non-MRA surveys show that more then half of women don't even care for or consider themselves feminists? Is it all a conspiracy? It is all fabricated?

Anyone with any community awareness knows that the word feminism has a negative stigma attached to it. I can't believe you're trying to dispute this.

Clueless.
You are loaded up with meaningless drivel.

If someone is spewing extremist rhetoric... they are extremists... That is obvious...

Your opinion on matters, means nothing. You have a bias.

You have made so many bold statements, without a single piece of evidence to back up what you say.
You have also tried to changed what has been said, to make out that I am the perpetrator of some wrong. When it's actually your viewpoint and stance that is disgusting.
The context is there, the quotes are there. You can't just say that no one understands you.
Saying that "anything remotely negative" is just an exaggeration of "beatings and rape", is a completely disgusting viewpoint.
You cannot have been thinking of one, and written the other. It isn't an exaggeration, it's just pathetic bullshit.
And that isn't me "just being a feminist", that is me, telling you, that there is a world of difference between what you said.

You say that I am a "typical feminist", like it is some derogatory term? Yes I am a typical feminist, as is the majority of the Western world. I don't identify myself as a feminist, but to clarify my position against yours, I would say that I am.

A feminist in the modern age, is basically someone who agrees with equality.
Extreme feminism wants women to have more power than men.

Just because the word "feminism" or "feminist" has been so twisted (intentionally) be others, to become a negative word. Doesn't mean that the ideal doesn't exist, or that the majority of the Western world supports it.

If you can find me a person that is against feminism subconsciously, I'll show you a sexist.
Just because someone doesn't identify themselves with a label, doesn't mean they don't support the ideology.

So, feel free to use all of the buzzwords that you have learned to fight "feminism". But at the end of the day, you are just anti-equality, and a pathetic human being.

If someone is spewing extremist rhetoric... they are extremists... That is obvious...

You have made so many bold statements, without a single piece of evidence to back up what you say.
You have also tried to changed what has been said, to make out that I am the perpetrator of some wrong. When it's actually your viewpoint and stance that is disgusting.
The context is there, the quotes are there. You can't just say that no one understands you.
Saying that "anything remotely negative" is just an exaggeration of "beatings and rape", is a completely disgusting viewpoint.
You cannot have been thinking of one, and written the other. It isn't an exaggeration, it's just pathetic bullshit.
And that isn't me "just being a feminist", that is me, telling you, that there is a world of difference between what you said.

You say that I am a "typical feminist", like it is some derogatory term? Yes I am a typical feminist, as is the majority of the Western world. I don't identify myself as a feminist, but to clarify my position against yours, I would say that I am.

Just because the word "feminism" or "feminist" has been so twisted (intentionally) be others, to become a negative word. Doesn't mean that the ideal doesn't exist, or that the majority of the Western world supports it.

If you can find me a person that is against feminism subconsciously, I'll show you a sexist.
Just because someone doesn't identify themselves with a label, doesn't mean they don't support the ideology.

So, feel free to use all of the buzzwords that you have learned to fight "feminism". But at the end of the day, you are just anti-equality, and a pathetic human being.
You have a bias so therefore your opinion means nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was your opportunity to expand on your first post.

You could have explained my bias.
You could have explained why my "bias?" means that I cannot have a meaningful opinion.
You could have even responded to my post.

There is no discussion. It is just you saying "no".
There's no discussion when you call another poster biased and then rant your opinions like you have done.

There's no discussion when you call another poster biased and then rant your opinions like you have done.
I'm just not going to respond to you anymore.
This is the third time you've quoted me, and you had added nothing.
You have done nothing but say "No!".
You haven't supported your position, you haven't even tried to justify it. You have just said NO.

So, as enjoyable as I'm sure a conversation with you would be. I am not interested.

1) I said anything remotely negative that happens to women is condemned by society (in reference to rape and beatings). Yes, I was wrong for using the word "remotely" but I never said that this is wrong for happening... how is this a disgusting viewpoint?
2) I don't need sources to prove what I'm saying. This is my experiences with dealing with various different types of people, living in two different states. You should try it some time.
3) You want to find someone against feminism subconsciously? http://womenagainstfeminism.tumblr.com/
4) Just because someone is against the double standards that is spewed out by some feminism (which isn't even about equality) doesn't mean their anti-equality
5) Why did you ignore my questions about Emma Watson?

What I said really got to you, didn't it?

1) I said anything remotely negative that happens to women is condemned by society (in reference to rape and beatings). Yes, I was wrong for using the word "remotely" but I never said that this is wrong for happening... how is this a disgusting viewpoint?
2) I don't need sources to prove what I'm saying. This is my experiences with dealing with various different types of people, living in two different states. You should try it some time.
3) You want to find someone against feminism subconsciously? http://womenagainstfeminism.tumblr.com/
4) Just because someone is against the double standards that is spewed out by some feminism (which isn't even about equality) doesn't mean their anti-equality
5) Why did you ignore my questions about Emma Watson?

What I said really got to you, didn't it?
Wow. There is no point conversing with you. You are so bent on your anti-feminism ideology, that there is no discussion, just point scoring.

I'll enumerate, as it seems you need it.

1) You said, that a people, in terms of a "greater society", will "condemn[sic] anything remotely negative that happens to women".
You then said you were exaggerating, and that you were "referring to women being beaten and[sic] raped"

If you think the difference between condemning anything remotely negative that happens to women, and rape, or a beating, is connected in any form, by exaggeration. Then you are disgusting.
You intentionally tailored your words for a certain perspective, with clearly no care to what you were actually saying.

2) More meaningless pishposh. Everyone needs to support what they are saying, if they are questioned. You are not omnipotent.
If you try to speak for the majority, you need to support your assertions.
If you claim to just speak for yourself, then you don't need to provide evidence.
But you have mentioned majorities, not anecdotes.
Informing me that I should try to live in more than one state is just emotional rhetoric, and adds nothing to the discussion.

3) Looking at your link, it's obvious that they are against feminism extremists. And there isn't very much depth. But I've only skimmed it.
Is there something more than "submit your photo here"?

Here is the top one.
tumblr_ndh0fk1PcZ1syitgfo1_500.jpg

This person doesn't need feminism, because she is not a "delusional, disgusting, hypocritical, MAN-HATER", and she respects men.
How is that anti-feminism?
That is anti-extremism.
Feminists don't hate men, they want equality with men. And that doesn't make them delusional, disgusting and/or hypocritical.

4)You are, once again, talking about extremism. You've given no example, but already I know that your example will be from an extremist.
And they're, not their. That really annoys me.

5)What about Emma Watson? I don't know who that is, and I haven't seen the video. I'll google feminism and Emma Watson now, just for you, and watch whatever I find. (Because you are completely open to discourse, and not at all set in your ideology).

And again with your pathetic emotional rhetoric. "What I said really got to you, didn't it?".
Did you not want a reply? Did you just want me to accept what you said?
What a childish thing to say!

I'm sorry. What?

What is this "greater society"? What makes it great? And why does it generally frown upon and dismiss feminism?

Ever known a really hot girl who pays more than lip service to modern feminism? Me either.

Most people will, of course, nod and smile in mixed company, then secretly laugh at that small group of misfits at every party who can't stop regaling people about **** shaming and the patriarchy.

Feminism is not about equality.

All those annoying uglies crapping on about equality and judgmentalism and the oh so oppressive patriarchy are just the social misfits giving themselves a fighting chance in the competition for mates.

Feminists will lose. They'll lose mainly because they're afraid of people having standards. And they'll lose because they know deep down that biology only cares about the boner and the tingle.

Ever known a really hot girl who pays more than lip service to modern feminism? Me either.

Most people will, of course, nod and smile in mixed company, then secretly laugh at the group of misfits at every party that can't stop regaling people about **** shaming and the patriarchy.

Feminism is not about equality.

All those annoying uglies crapping on about equality and judgmentalism and the oh so oppressive patriarchy are just the social misfits giving themselves a fighting chance in the competition for mates.

Feminists will lose. They'll lose mainly because they're afraid of people having standards. And they'll lose because they know deep down that biology only cares about the boner and the tingle.
I've no interest in talking to you. You have demonstrated the limit of your ability.
Pathetic.

Wow. There is no point conversing with you. You are so bent on your anti-feminism ideology, that there is no discussion, just point scoring.

I'll enumerate, as it seems you need it.

1) You said, that a people, in terms of a "greater society", will "condemn[sic] anything remotely negative that happens to women".
You then said you were exaggerating, and that you were "referring to women being beaten and[sic] raped"

If you think the difference between condemning anything remotely negative that happens to women, and rape, or a beating, is connected in any form, by exaggeration. Then you are disgusting.
You intentionally tailored your words for a certain perspective, with clearly no care to what you were actually saying.

2) More meaningless pishposh. Everyone needs to support what they are saying, if they are questioned. You are not omnipotent.
If you try to speak for the majority, you need to support your assertions.
If you claim to just speak for yourself, then you don't need to provide evidence.
But you have mentioned majorities, not anecdotes.
Informing me that I should try to live in more than one state is just emotional rhetoric, and adds nothing to the discussion.

3) Looking at your link, it's obvious that they are against feminism extremists. And there isn't very much depth. But I've only skimmed it.
Is there something more than "submit your photo here"?

Here is the top one.
tumblr_ndh0fk1PcZ1syitgfo1_500.jpg

This person doesn't need feminism, because she is not a "delusional, disgusting, hypocritical, MAN-HATER", and she respects men.
How is that anti-feminism?
That is anti-extremism.
Feminists don't hate men, they want equality with men. And that doesn't make them delusional, disgusting and/or hypocritical.

4)You are, once again, talking about extremism. You've given no example, but already I know that your example will be from an extremist.
And they're, not their. That really annoys me.

5)What about Emma Watson? I don't know who that is, and I haven't seen the video. I'll google feminism and Emma Watson now, just for you, and watch whatever I find. (Because you are completely open to discourse, and not at all set in your ideology).

And again with your pathetic emotional rhetoric. "What I said really got to you, didn't it?".
Did you not want a reply? Did you just want me to accept what you said?
What a childish thing to say!
1) Yes I was exaggerating the term "remotely". I admitted I should have been more tolerant with how worded what I was saying. I don't really see the problem? I'm completely against women being raped and beaten, I have stated that numerous times in this thread. I assume based on your previous posts that it's going to through one ear and out the other seeing as I am such a terrible and horrific human being. Do you think the worst of everyone?

2) If you want do any remote research on google or youtube you'll find that feminism is considered more of a minority and it is actually acknowledged by actual feminists. That's why they feminists are constantly rallying to convince and get more people to get on board. It's amazing when decide to open your eyes and find this out for yourself, isn't it? Oh wait...

3) So you're pretty much speaking on behalf of this woman and what she is saying... because she can't do it for herself, right? Wow... How oppressive. If she isn't anti-feminist then why do you think she posted that photo of herself on a "Women Against Feminism" page? Mind boggling stuff, right?

4) Double standards - violence, child custody, divorce, etc. Read some of Cartwrights posts from earlier where she claims a mentally ill man doesn't have the right to defend herself from a women who is attacking him with a weapon. Let's see you have the cojones to call her an extremist.

5) You don't know who Emma Watson is? Says a lot.

And you call me childish? How do you expect me to respond? I'm not the one directing derogatory terms like "you're a pathetic human being" at you to get my point across. ;)

I'm done with you, you're more interested in having a slagging match and making up these baseless assumptions and comments about how I'm anti-equality (when I'm clearly not) and you can't separate the idea that I'm against the practice of feminism not the google-defined ideology (which anyone with half a brain knows is the difference). Have fun wasting your time responding to this post (that I won't see) and getting the last laugh. I think your time would be better served checking out this page: http://www.lifesupportscounselling.com.au/

Good night Clementine.

1) Yes I was exaggerating the term "remotely". I admitted I should have been more tolerant with how worded what I was saying. I don't really see the problem? I'm completely against women being raped and beaten, I have stated that numerous times in this thread. I assume based on your previous posts that it's going to through one ear and out the other seeing as I am such a terrible and horrific human being. Do you think the worst of everyone?

2) If you want do any remote research on google or youtube you'll find that feminism is considered more of a minority and it is actually acknowledged by actual feminists. That's why they feminists are constantly rallying to convince and get more people to get on board. It's amazing when decide to open your eyes and find this out for yourself, isn't it? Oh wait...

3) So you're pretty much speaking on behalf of this woman and what she is saying... because she can't do it for herself, right? Wow... How oppressive. If she isn't anti-feminist then why do you think she posted that photo of herself on a "Women Against Feminism" page? Mind boggling stuff, right?

4) Double standards - violence, child custody, divorce, etc. Read some of Cartwrights posts from earlier where she claims a mentally ill man doesn't have the right to defend herself from a women who is attacking him with a weapon. Let's see you have the cojones to call her an extremist.

5) You don't know who Emma Watson is? Says a lot.

And you call me childish? How do you expect me to respond? I'm not the one directing derogatory terms like "you're a pathetic human being" at you to get my point across. ;)

I'm done with you, you're more interested in having a slagging match and making up these baseless assumptions and comments about how I'm anti-equality (when I'm clearly not) and you can't separate the idea that I'm against the practice of feminism not the google-defined ideology (which anyone with half a brain knows is the difference). Have fun wasting your time responding to this post (that I won't see) and getting the last laugh. I think your time would be better served checking out this page: http://www.lifesupportscounselling.com.au/

Good night Clementine.
Simple resolution to your problem - don't have anything to do with women. That way you will be at one with women who cause you to feel so rejected.

God Bless you. I would challenge you to study Paul's letter to the Colossians and neo plasticism. If you read the gospels Matthew,Mark, Luke and John, women are viewed by Jesus as equal ie story of Mary and Martha. The writer of Luke makes the point even further.

The Bible has been used by churches and self serving men to control people or tell people what they want to hear.

The bible was written by Jews and in that day women were just chattel as all Jews could have as many wives as they could afford. He shall rule over you is the bibles view of women and women have known it forever. The Sufferjets kept yelling this out till they were finally heard.

Loving Jesus did not speak against women, but he, like all the Jews of that day, refused women the same divorce laws as the men enjoyed. So Jesus was as misogynistic as the rest of the people of that day.

Regards
DL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back