Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could any one decipher Rucci's last question/comment when Vossy said "I'm not here for that (laughing)"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Transcript of Michael Voss' first day at Port Adelaide training:

Hinkley: Vossy, meet Josh Carr. It'll be great to have two guys who are so competitive teaching our midfielders.

*30 seconds later*

Voss: I reckon we should play Hammer on the wing.
Carr: Nah, I think we should play him in the centre square.
Voss: He's such a good outside player.
Carr: But he's so gutsy and such a good ball-winner.
Voss: Josh, I reeeeeeeeeeeally think we should play him on the wing.
Carr: I've been coaching here for 3 years mate, what would you know?
Voss: And I've captained three premierships, how many have you captained?
Carr: Only three? Why isn't it four?

Voss:

10616208_10152516538043882_4900022209283629565_n.jpg

Travis Boak on Michael Voss
Michael Voss is a great addition for us. Not only was he one of the best midfielders to play the game, but also one of the best leaders so he will help grow our midfield group by teaching them the things that made him the best. He will also help our leadership group as individuals and as a group.

The thing that I take out of the press conference and the AA interview was how much Voss's leadership experience and knowledge will improve our young leaders. He was one of the greatest leaders of modern footy, with a real hard edge, and Boak, Ebert and Trengove, who are already great young leaders, will improve exponentially for his presence.

I'd expect our midfield to show a harder, more physical presence next year with Voss's influence. Ollie Wines, who has so much improvement in him as it is, may become the beast we all expect him to be sooner than we think.

He is probably the perfect appointment in the perfect role at the perfect time for these young men at their stage of development.

We've come a long way since Skype Laidley & the way Voss talks you get the feeling he really wants a number of years in a successful program before he puts his hand up for the big gig somewhere again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back