West Indies tour of India (5 ODIs, 1 T20I, 3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking about it you would imagine that many good athletes are given scholarships to the American college sports scene. They then end up playing a variety of sports in that scene and might get drafted into the pro leagues eventually. Plus baseball is big in the West Indies region.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-west-indies-2014-15/content/story/790901.html

BCCI is probably not going to go ahead and press for $65 million in damages but will tour less often

Thinking about it you would imagine that many good athletes are given scholarships to the American college sports scene. They then end up playing a variety of sports in that scene and might get drafted into the pro leagues eventually. Plus baseball is big in the West Indies region.

Baseball is big in the Caribbean but not the West Indian nations

Th BCCI have suspended their series until 2022 not cancelled them. I imagine they will want assurances from the WICB that this will never happen again plus some sort of compensation before restarting ties. Plus hopefully the ICC to take control and sort out this mess.

Th BCCI have suspended their series until 2022 not cancelled them. I imagine they will want assurances from the WICB that this will never happen again plus some sort of compensation before restarting ties. Plus hopefully the ICC to take control and sort out this mess.

The ICC is the BCCI (plus us and England)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the end for West Indies cricket. Part of me thinks its time for it to die, and just leave the legacy of their era of greatness rather than being remembered for the last couple of decades of under performing and financial crisis. Id almost rather no West Indies than the weak, humiliated West Indies we are becoming accustomed too.

Gonna be some weak international teams if Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago etc become cricketing nations. There'll have to be a major domestic overhaul as well.

Windies have not been competitive for too long, its incredible to think that cricket could be on its last legs there.

I blame the players for pulling out of a tour half way through one. Draw a line before the start, not during half of a series.

W.I probably see a future in T20 and nothing else. Test matches being phased out.

Windies have not been competitive for too long, its incredible to think that cricket could be on its last legs there.

I blame the players for pulling out of a tour half way through one. Draw a line before the start, not during half of a series.

It's interesting how Marlon Samuels claims that he didn't want to cancel the tour. Certainly he didn't perform like someone who didn't want to be there.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back