Giants bait Dogs with #belessbulldog social media campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Big thumbs up to GWS. I reckon its great to see clubs using social media for more than just the issuing of the same tired old cliches, and a little comedy is exactly what the off-season needs. They've shown they have a sense of humor and I see no harm in that.
We have form in funny retorts after trades go a bit sour. This was the club's response after we missed out on signing Franklin.

The GIANTS are delighted to announce they have re-signed the club mascot G-Man for the next nine years.
In an unprecedented deal for a club mascot, G-Man said he was thrilled to recommit to the GIANTS.
"When the club first approached me at the end of last year to talk about my future I said I'd like to wait till the end of the season to make a decision," G Man said.
"But when they said they would like to offer me a nine year deal I couldn't believe it, especially for somebody of my size. As you know, longevity in this game can be an issue for big blokes like me.
"But they said I was a great ambassador for the game in Western Sydney with all the work I do with the kids and they loved how I always do it with a smile on my face.
"And I'm rapt that Big Mummy is joining us. I met him under the Anzac Bridge this morning and he's almost as tall as me. It will be great to have him swanning around Western Sydney and Canberra."
A club spokesman wouldn't be drawn on the details of the nine year deal but confirmed it would include appearances at every GIANTS game in Sydney and Canberra as well as school and hospital visits as part of the Lifebroker Gentle GIANTS program.
"Naturally we did our due diligence and put him through a thorough medical examination before putting pen to paper. We have inserted a wear and tear clause in his contract simply because he is always being mobbed by children wherever he goes," he said,
"But we have no doubt he is worth every cent and hope we can extend him beyond the next nine years. He is not only proudly silly but he will always Stand Tall

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-10-03/gman-resigns

Well done GWS - blockbuster crowd now expected for their next game against Dogs in Sydney. Players looking forward to play in front of a record crowd of 10,000

After free schoolkids are counted and the resulting figure has been rounded up of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the false bravado from some doggies about this, yet here they are in this thread.

If it didn't hit nerve you guys wouldn't bother with this thread.

upset-client-photo1.jpg

Let face it, if my clubs best players walked out to some other club I'd be annoyed.
Not really, i don't like the Giants because i think western Sydney is a crap area of Australia but i like what they did with this, its a great marketing ploy.

Not really, i don't like the Giants because i think western Sydney is a crap area of Australia but i like what they did with this, its a great marketing ploy.

We can't all be blessed living in the God's own paradise that is the a Western suburbs of Melbourne.

This is just harmless banter. Good for both clubs if anything. It is not even slightly controversial, dunno why people are kicking up a fuss..

I love this kind of thing. Players are barely allowed to sledge on field anymore, so I love when this happens. Great marketing tool for GWS, and the Bulldogs if they engage.

I'm regularly confused by people who attack GC and GWS for being "plastic" and "manufactured" and the like. The **** do you think your clubs started out?

Well...I can tell you it wasn't on the whim of a corrupt organization throwing good money after bad in the name of maximization of profits and television rights.

More likely it was by a bunch of blokes wanting to keep fit during winter, really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back