2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't mind Robinson at the club.

Still only 25 going on 26 so fits our age bracket and adds the grunt that we lost with Brent Moloney.

Though I hope he leaves all his off-field issues behind and doesn't do a Fev, at least it won't cost us anything this time.

He's not going to take time away from anyone unless he's earning his spot. We're picking up a mature midfielder for depth for free. I have no idea how because we're getting some guy for nothing people are coming to the conclusion that he's going to jump up the pecking order and take away games from guys who are already going to have to work to get a spot.
He would take game time from players who are more important to our future and players who we should invest in rather than Robinson.

More well spoken then he looks, everyone deserves a second chance - if they screw that up, then it's all on them.

The Fev comparisons are not apt in my opinion, apart from the departure club and the dickishness.

- No mental health issues
- Didn't sell the soul of the club to get him
- Won't be on the sort of money that will ruin our club's finances for years to come
- Won't have the success of the club hinging on his ability to kick winning tallies
- Won't be first in line for his position

He will be fringe 22 and if he doesn't realise it now he will. Behind Rock, Redden, Zorko, Beams, Bundy and possibly Reddo as well. Will be an enforcer at best.

More well spoken then he looks, everyone deserves a second chance - if they screw that up, then it's all on them.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. Generally speaking most of us are 100% on giving someone a second chance. Funny how the Fevola outcome has affected everyone's thinking. Let's all go with the redemption angle, we've given up nothing for it this time. We all like a make good story. Surely lightening won't strike twice.

Seriously, look at this face:

Carlton+Blues+Training+Session+7-TNv9iYX2Bm.jpg

It's SOMEbody's job to love him. It's our turn with him, so let's take one for the team.

I have to admit that I expected him to sound like Sloth when I heard him interviewed.

Doesn't seem like a complete shaved ape. Just a guy who loses his s**t when his blood is up.

fhd997LAC_Guy_Pearce_014.jpg

His blood is always up.

He would take game time from players who are more important to our future and players who we should invest in rather than Robinson.

If they're on our list and Robinson gets senior time ahead of them, then it might be possible they're not essential to our future.

LA Confidential :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Up there with The Big Lebowski and Almost Famous as my top 3 movies of all time.

Sheer brilliance. One of the best screenplays of the 90s. Couldn't help but make a reference on the blood line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheer brilliance. One of the best screenplays of the 90s. Couldn't help but make a reference on the blood line.

There is definitely a bit of Bud White in Mitch Robinson :p

Exactly. Some of the posters here need to remind themselves where we finished last season.

I really hope expectations aren't too high. If I have to read posts talking about 'Why the hell did we even bother bringing in Beams' after 10 matches I'm going to be very disillusioned with bigfooty.

I really hope expectations aren't too high. If I have to read posts talking about 'Why the hell did we even bother bringing in Beams' after 10 matches I'm going to be very disillusioned with bigfooty.

Totally agree, but I'd expect to be disappointed on that front...

With the midfield boost that we have unexpectedly received, I think we are a smokey for the 8. We do have some holes to fill down back now, & we also require our young forward line to kick goals. But we are a serious chance for the 8. Any expectations beyond that aren't based on reality.

With the midfield boost that we have unexpectedly received, I think we are a smokey for the 8. We do have some holes to fill down back now, & we also require our young forward line to kick goals. But we are a serious chance for the 8. Any expectations beyond that aren't based on reality.

I dunno. I do feel we're primed to rise with the natural development, three guns back along with Beams and Bundy. Just not sure how pronounced that growth will be. We're still so young and have major holes in our structure. We might make the 8 and that would be awesome but for me it would be a pleasant and early surprise. Even if that happened, comparing lists I struggle to see us making any impact in finals. Though I may just be cynical. I think we're building towards it and am just happy our list is definitively better than it was and hopefully blowouts will be gone.

I dunno. I do feel we're primed to rise with the natural development, three guns back along with Beams and Bundy. Just not sure how pronounced that growth will be. We're still so young and have major holes in our structure. We might make the 8 and that would be awesome but for me it would be a pleasant and early surprise. Even if that happened, comparing lists I struggle to see us making any impact in finals. Though I may just be cynical. I think we're building towards it and am just happy our list is definitively better than it was and hopefully blowouts will be gone.
Lol, Who mentioned making impact in finals? I'm just totally stoked in where we are at right now compared to 12 months ago. For whatever reason a couple of guns have wanted in. We have a midfield that will compete with the comps best. Add 5kg to the frame of Gardiner, McStay, Cutler, Close & Freeman, a handful more games & who knows where they will be. That is what excites me. Oh, and the new old jumper :D

Lol, Who mentioned making impact in finals? I'm just totally stoked in where we are at right now compared to 12 months ago. For whatever reason a couple of guns have wanted in. We have a midfield that will compete with the comps best. Add 5kg to the frame of Gardiner, McStay, Cutler, Close & Freeman, a handful more games & who knows where they will be. That is what excites me. Oh, and the new old jumper :D
But yes, still a long way from the list of Hawthorn though.... 2019?

Very happy with the classic jumper back. Excited about improvement in the kids. Our midfield is good on paper but as Olympic Basketball has proven doesn't matter if you shove the best names together and there's no cohesion. I'm seeing a lot of talk about us suddenly being a finals team, even if we do make the 8 I think it should be understood it's a development year and as finals action would be a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back