Remove this Banner Ad

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
And I for one welcome the opportunity the AFL has given us to get a nice % booster and be top of the ladder after round 1.

Personally, over the holiday weekend already thinking of jetting myself up anyone considering doing the same?

Also surely means we won't have to travel to metricon which is a plus

david-Danger-729-420x0.jpg

And I for one welcome the opportunity the AFL has given us to get a nice % booster and be top of the ladder after round 1.

Personally, over the holiday weekend already thinking of jetting myself up anyone considering doing the same?

Out of interest when was the last time we won a rnd 1 game? Feels like a while haven't looked it up so could be off base here.

Out of interest when was the last time we won a rnd 1 game? Feels like a while haven't looked it up so could be off base here.
2013 we beat North round 1

Bit of a bummer having an interstate match round 1. Always like getting to the 1st game. Better still if we get to play a rival. Still Beams playing will add something but it's usually not the most anticipated game coming up against Brissie.

Hopefully will get along to the G for Tigers v Blues and see Mms boys get whipped then follow up with Geel v Hawks on the Monday.

2 big games at the G but no Pies match. Some consolation as long as Carlton go down.

Not giving Beam$ any time to settle into a new team. Nice!
I hope Caff is back so he can annihilate him!
Does anyone actually think he's a chance for round 1? Or was it wishful thinking by him?

We couldn't beat them at the MCG this year with Beams on our team ... What makes you think this will be a percentage booster?

Just sayin'

SE Qld in March / April is nice

Not necessarily ... In previous years we've swapped between 2 games in Sydney and 2 games in Qld. 2014 had 2 in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Caff is back so he can annihilate him!
Does anyone actually think he's a chance for round 1? Or was it wishful thinking by him?

Definite wishful thinking, had a knee reco late season so at best maybe a mid season if he nails his rehab?

Might be a good excuse for a trip, but the outcome will depend on the health of our KPPs. If we have our first line up and about, we'll beat 'em! If we have a few injuries it'll become a midfield battle, one which I doubt we'd win.

Ah, so we start the season with a charity match to help the poor ($12m in debt) little BearLions out.

Once again the Pies are being used as the AFL's pawn wherever we play, expect a Thursday night game against Port when the schedule is released next week too, which is a terrible timeslot for travelling fans.

Anyway, we can beat Brisbane, of course we can, but they could run us off our feet. We need to get the ball first and use it well, and take our opportunities in front of goal.

The Lions will not play finals next year, so unlike our loss to Freo in round 1 last year (where all we really lost was percentage) a loss to the Lions would be a poor way to start the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back