Tweet Button

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
GG is a mastermind. He knew exactly what would get on the nerves of Big Footy posters. I can see him sitting back with a smug look on his face right now. Are you happy now GG?!!?!
I'm always happy....because I am alive, I have my health, my sanity, etc etc. I know what matters in life. And what is insignificant and trivial (like the placement of a button on a forum). Sure, if it's something like the 10 foot long "post new thread" button, that might merit a re-think (respectfully done of course). But the tweet button, sheesh. Especially as the LIKE button has a freakin' thumb on it too to further distinguish itself. All it will take is a little training and you'll all get used to it. For those who are THAT thoughtless that they just blindly click stuff.

SpudsLoveChild

Cancelled
May 17, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
49ers
That's not feedback. It's disrespectful whining. And it's truly thoughtlessness that where the button is only means pausing a nanosecond and moving the mouse hardly at all BEFORE clicking....again, who clicks anything without visualizing what they're clicking???!!! Geezus H Kryst. The "feedback" is carrying on like drama queens over the MINIMAL of changes....which is an enhancement to the board, and the bigger picture of "social media" that this site is more and more embracing.
So your response to feedback you don't appreciate is to insult and whine.
Posters are entitled to provide feedback without insults and abuse. If you don't agree with the feedback either ignore it or provide a cogent response.

SpudsLoveChild

Cancelled
May 17, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
49ers
The downfall of Big Footy has begun. The foundations are crumbling. I knew GG was the one who implemented the Twitter button, but I thought it was for his own sadistic pleasure, but I now realise it is because he wants to destroy Big Footy from the inside. Well played GG
Oh...he's a troll.
Good on him and thanks for the advice.

Sep 6, 2009
FNQ
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bears
Maybe 5 years ago. Pfft. Rabble. I am a Carlton Blue forever and ever now. I have climbed out of the sewer of my previous "looking for a team" days. Now I am an upstanding young man again, in fine navy cloth.

I can't wait for the misgivings to sink in on that decision...

Disagree with everyone. I love the Tweet button, and love where it's placed. Like how it forces people to change that habitual muscle memory. And, it's good to have an individual tweet for posts. Not just the existing tweet button for the entire thread.

You lot are a bunch of cry-babies, seriously. Get over it. Deal with it. Geezus.
Started reading thread thinking big deal, who the * cares it's just a tweet button, get over it you pack of whinging whiners.

Then I went to like your post and hit the tweet button.

Please dial it back a bit Chief. Can't be assed looking at the CSS for alternatives, but UX-wise it just doesn't belong adjacent to the like button (and more prominent, at that). Ta.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Please dial it back a bit Chief. Can't be assed looking at the CSS for alternatives, but UX-wise it just doesn't belong adjacent to the like button (and more prominent, at that). Ta.

Unfortunately the Tweet, Like and Reply buttons are all in the one DIV too :( So you can't remove it yourself

All of you would be useless in a real crisis, a war, someone needed help, etc etc. "oh my nail might get broken", "it'd mess up my hair", "i cant be bothered dragging my mouse an eighth of an inch across". Who clicks straight away without even thinking what they're clicking on anyway? Far out. Unbelievable whining. No wonder so many of you are THOUGHTLESS people. You don't even give yourselves half a second to THINK what you're clicking....same as when you reply day-to-day....just rush in to post thoughtless crap 90% of the time. I'm truly disappointed in all of you as a representation of the BigFooty.

#GGdisapproves
2014-09-18-12-01-17-1949248048.jpeg

I think it does.
I suspect basic UAT would find you're in the minority.

If you really want it in that spot though, even putting a gap between the tweet and like button and/or decreasing the width of the button (eg removing the "tweet" text) would help.

Back