DaRenegade

NRL > AFL
Dec 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Can't believe there hasn't been a thread put up about this new track from the Fooies, which I love and am sure many others do too.

less than a month until their next album, Sonic Highways, is released aswell, can't wait.

what's everyone else's thoughts on the new song and who else is pumped for Sonic Highways?

surely I'm not the only one -_-

Did anyone catch the first episode of the accompanying doco series? It ran on GO! over the weekend.

First episode focused on Chicago and how it shaped the Something from Nothing track. The song makes more sense after you've watched the episode.

yeah definitely much more punk influenced but another good rockin' track. really looking forward to the album, it's gonna be a bit different but at the same time, Grohl knows what he's doing.

New song out

Also announced an Australian tour during the week

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ustralian-tour-announced-20141029-11ds2g.html
Foo Fighters, one of the biggest bands in the world and a holdfast for those who still believe rock'n'roll matters, will return to stadiums in Australia in 2015. The six-show tour will take the American five-piece to all the mainland capitals and, for the first time in 16 years, Hobart, during February and March.

FOO FIGHTERS 2015 AUSTRALIAN TOUR

BRISBANE - Tuesday 24 February, Suncorp Stadium, ticketek.com.au

SYDNEY - Thursday 26 February, ANZ Stadium, ticketek.com.au

MELBOURNE - Saturday 28 February, Etihad Stadium, ticketmaster.com.au

HOBART - Monday 2 March, Derwent Entertainment Centre, ticketmaster.com.au

ADELAIDE - Wednesday 4 March, Coopers Stadium, ticketek.com.au

PERTH - Saturday 7 March, nib Stadium, ticketmaster.com.au

I wonder if any towns will get second shows. Not leaving much gap in between each.
I think they have countered this by doing stadium shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rise Against is the support act on this tour... I'll be there

So will I but ill be going after Rise Against :)

I just reviewed the Foo album, it's pretty good for what it is. The song with the Bad Brains was by far the best. I'm gagging to see Rise Against but ANZ is a horrible place to get to. If I drive I lose the car in that gigantic car park. If I get the train and it's an hour each way + walking + busses. I wish they were playing somewhere like the Tennis Centre in Melbourne.

So will I but ill be going after Rise Against :)

I just reviewed the Foo album, it's pretty good for what it is. The song with the Bad Brains was by far the best. I'm gagging to see Rise Against but ANZ is a horrible place to get to. If I drive I lose the car in that gigantic car park. If I get the train and it's an hour each way + walking + busses. I wish they were playing somewhere like the Tennis Centre in Melbourne.

Too hard to get to ANZ, but easier for a venue in Melbourne??

Love Foo Fighters, but with a price of $175 for a GA ticket at a stadium with no good support like Tenacious D.. I am in no hurry to get one.

Pre sale lasted 30min in Hobart. In the GA section. Thats pretty cool because the GA is the size of a basketball court as opposed the GA at Etihad! Pretty lucky us Tasmanians.

It isn't Nirvana.

Been listening to the album for the last day. It's very different to hear the songs after watching the accompanying episode. But I will say that I absolutely love Outside. One of the biggest non-typical Foo Fighters tracks I've heard.

I see this album as a 0.5 edition even thought it's being pushed as their eight studio album. It's a concept album made under different conditions but for what it is, they've still pushed out some great tracks (Something From Nothing, The Feast and the Famine along with Outside the highlights).

Would love to go to the Melbourne show, not sure I can afford it though :(

Would mind getting more than 2 weeks notice for when tickets go on sale to try sort out some cash, ah well I went in 2011 so it's not the end of the world

Remove this Banner Ad

Back