List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Would our first or second pick be enough?

St Kilda will take him with one of their two early 20's picks.

I'd say, if we've interviewed him that many times, it will be with the view @ 16.

As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he went as low as 12.

12-21 is his range imo.

St Kilda will take him with one of their two early 20's picks.

I'd say, if we've interviewed him that many times, it will be with the view @ 16.

As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he went as low as 12.

12-21 is his range imo.
He sounds like a good prospect, it will be a battle between him and Cockatoo. Pace/Skill/Flair V Potential 10-12 year KPF.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
He has a big barge ass, and big tree trunks. He's huge for his height, and will fill out to one of the genuine power forwards in the league, that I have no doubt. He's as big as Hawkins was at the same age. There's genuinely big kids like Boyd and Patton, then there's those like Hawkins and McKenzie, almost like race horses, just powerful through the trunk and core.

From the first time I saw him, he instantly reminded me of Gherig, same dominating persona, huge shoulders, took a heap of contested marks on the lead with little separation. He looks a little shorter than what his height says, but I think that's a bit to do with his legs, makes his body look short.

He will be a bolter draft day imo.
Garry Sidebottom, I tells ya.

mddvurMGj5dULGaU7yob_lg.jpg

garry-sidebottom.jpg
Fitzroy-Hawthorn-1983.jpg

Hells Bells boys..... Nothing like a little hump day movement reading about McKenzie!!! I got excited about the barge ass n tree trunk legs, thought there might still be hope for me, then remembered I'm 37 n 179cm :-(

You never know Hazey, he might be into older men so you're still a chance. :thumbsu:

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Found this in another post. Combine results for McKEnzie:

Reece McKenzie
197cm, 106.9kg
Agility test 8.59s (beat guys like Duggan and Lamb) - top 10 8.09 - 8.37
2.87s 20m sprint - equal second
1.01s over first 5m
1.71s over first 10m
24.88s repeat sprint - top 10 23.93 - 24.36
Standing vertical jump 72cm - equal 7th
Right run vertical jump 74cm -
Left run vertical jump 84cm - top 10 97 - 87

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McKenzie reminds alot of Casboult the way he really launches himself at the footy. Really throws himself at everything.

Have only seen him play the one game, in which he kicked 4.2. All the draft gurus on the phantom page said he was a slow lumbering type, but after watching him I knew it wasn't the case. He is very quick off the mark for a kid his size, but also has a quick turn (much quicker than say Petrie or
tarrant).

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't be surprised if one or both of them are at North next year.

There's a better chance of us taking McKenzie than Cockatoo at 16 though imo.

McKenzies this years Aaron Black, but already a big unit, late to footy from basketball.

His combine results marry up pretty well to Nic Nats, he kicked a bag of 10 in the TAC Cup earlier this year, and won the leading goal kicker.

His agility, speed, hand size are elite for his size and weight at his age.

I heard somewhere that Reece McKenzie kicked 16 goals in a school game for Marcellin college too, he broke the previous record set by Marcus Bontempelli which I think was 10 goals in a school game.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Get your filthy hands off my boy.... :mad:

Seriously though, been on him all year - LOVE him - but Skippos on the draft board is right when he says he could be a superstar, or Ryan Willits...

I heard somewhere that Reece McKenzie kicked 16 goals in a school game for Marcellin college too, he broke the previous record set by Marcus Bontempelli which I think was 10 goals in a school game.

Good to see another Marcellin lad doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back