Preview It's official. We have Brisbane round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Who tags Beams Redden Rockliff Aish Mayes Rich Hanley?

Levi Greenwood tags Beams. Beams doesn't care about defence so Greenwood will have an easy time running off him. Rockliff isn't a very damaging player and doesn't need to be tagged. Taylor Adams should go head to head with Redden. Rich, depends where he plays, but if he's plays off the half back flank Blair can do a job on him. Pendles can go head to head with Hanley. Aish and Mayes aren't dominant midfielders yet and don't need to be tagged.

Levi Greenwood tags Beams. Beams doesn't care about defence so Greenwood will have an easy time running off him. Rockliff isn't a very damaging player and doesn't need to be tagged. Taylor Adams should go head to head with Redden. Rich, depends where he plays, but if he's plays off the half back flank Blair can do a job on him. Pendles can go head to head with Hanley. Aish and Mayes aren't dominant midfielders yet and don't need to be tagged.

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

hmmmm Rich v Blair. I can only see good things come of this for the pies

As long as Buckley is still coaching Blair's best 22. What do you want him to do?

As long as Buckley is still coaching Blair's best 22. What do you want him to do?
Im not questioning Blair in the team....thats for another arguement. But to think he can contain one of their premier midfielders is just wrong. If Rich has a quiet game it wouldnt surprise me as he is coming back from a knee injury. But not because of Blair contianing him

Im not questioning Blair in the team....thats for another arguement. But to think he can contain one of their premier midfielders is just wrong. If Rich has a quiet game it wouldnt surprise me as he is coming back from a knee injury. But not because of Blair contianing him

Look at Rich's number they're not that good. I said if he plays at half-back as well. Blair just has to make sure all of hiss kicks are under pressure so his left foot isn't that effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We get smashed in this one and Buckley should be replaced. He's had all preseason to prepare for it. Another Freo Collingwood round 1 2013 performance and that's enough.

We get smashed in this one and Buckley should be replaced. He's had all preseason to prepare for it. Another Freo Collingwood round 1 2013 performance and that's enough.
It's almost at the point where I admire your commitment

We couldn't beat them at the MCG this year with Beams on our team ... What makes you think this will be a percentage booster?
Just sayin'
I think having a fit Swanny and having Pendles, Adams & Elliott actually playing + Levi Greenwood, Armstrong or any other player not needing to play a 2nd game on the same day and having Reid play more then 5 minutes and Cloke more the 1 1/2 quarters may help us just a tad.:p and as much as he's drawn criticism Varcoe will help our team next year.

Beams played 2 1/2 quarters or at least was on the ground as looked like his mind was elsewhere.:rolleyes:

I'd prefer to play a relevant club in round 1 not some pissant the AFL, and by extension us, have to prop up.

Last edited:
We couldn't beat them at the MCG this year with Beams on our team ... What makes you think this will be a percentage booster?

Just sayin'
Elliott, Pendlebury, Reid, Cloke all gone within a quarter and Beams did his knee before half time.

We will smash them with a fit and firing list to start the season.

I think having Swan, Pendles, Adams & Elliott actually playing, Armstrong or any other player not needing to play a 2nd game on the same day and having Reid play more then 5 minutes and Cloke more the 1 1/2 quarters may help us just a tad.:p
Swan played.

I'm doing it I plan to be the first to show beams what it's like to be the enemy of collingwood.
He's gonna get an earful he won't soon forget.

It won't bother him in the slightest, it's like he's got ice running through his veins

Last edited:
Brisbane will not flog us.

Amazing how everyone seems to think that Brisbane will be somehow smash us.

Yes they picked up a gun midfielder in Beams good for them.

Christensen seems to have some serious issues with his back and struggled to get on the park most of this year.
Who knows how good he will go next year.

They lost the best player from their already shaky defence in Patfull.

Unless you are thinking of the game they beat us this year when we were well and truly shot?
Pendlebury and Elliott late withdrawals.
Reid injured within 2-3 mins of the game starting.
Cloke going off injured.
Beams going off injured.

It will be nothing like this.

Their KP stocks aren't that great, I reckon we are a chance.

No point having a midfield that isn't kicking to anyone.

I'll need some back up for this game. Who's in?? There's some yelling to be done.
Pies games at the Gabba are great, we generally out number them in the crowd. A bunch of you should come up for it, i'll meet you all at the Pineapple Hotel for a few pints before hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back