Intermittent fasting

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairfax article said:
"Something breakfast contributes is milk, so you're more likely to get dairy out of it, so you would wonder when people aren't having breakfast, does their dairy intake go down?

This is assuming that everyone has a big bowl of milky cereal for breakfast I guess?

Fairfax is running an article about the benefits of IF today.

Sure enough, it is 'balanced' by some dickhead 'nutritionist'.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/h...fast-helps-reduce-weight-20141021-119g40.html

"Meanwhile, senior nutritionist at Nutrition Australia Aloysa Hourigan said weight loss was only one component of health and certain nutrients might be neglected during long periods of fasting.

"If you're eating less in total, you might be also be getting less nutrients," Hourigan said. "You might lose weight, but that's not the only important thing to health."

This is assuming that everyone has a big bowl of milky cereal for breakfast I guess?
Haha yeah and that dairy is good for you in the first place. Some people might like it but personally I feel a lot better since I cut my intake

"There's some evidence around that actually eating breakfast improves work and learning performance."

Not for me it doesn't. Couldn't imagine ever going back. Hopefully people who read that article trust the findings of the study over the vague blatherings of the nutritionist they got

I love my breakfasts but eat dinner type food (meat and veg) and prefer a light dinner of a small salad and protein by 6.

not exactly fasting but I do like going to bed and waking up a little hungry.
Tha article should have pointed out its 16 hours of fasting and it doesnt matter when the time frame is. I would love so much to try 7am-2pm but its impossible due to family commitments.

Tha article should have pointed out its 16 hours of fasting and it doesnt matter when the time frame is. I would love so much to try 7am-2pm but its impossible due to family commitments.
There's benefits of fasting but also benefits of not eating breakfast that occur independently of one another. I love getting the best of both :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm commencing reading this thread in it's entirety today so forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been answered.

If my 8 hour window opens at 10am-6pm - I count the calories I consume in those hours.
It is wise to think that the calories in my BP Coffee at 7am also count, yes?
Sorry if this sounds silly.

I'm commencing reading this thread in it's entirety today so forgive me if I'm asking a question that's been answered.

If my 8 hour window opens at 10am-6pm - I count the calories I consume in those hours.
It is wise to think that the calories in my BP Coffee at 7am also count, yes?
Sorry if this sounds silly.

If your are counting calories then yes , everything you ingest you would count its calorie content.
Aim to count Macronutrients more so than Calories, figure out how much protein, fat n carbs you need/want.

If your are counting calories then yes , everything you ingest you would count its calorie content.
Aim to count Macronutrients more so than Calories, figure out how much protein, fat n carbs you need/want.

Again, not always certain how people figure out how to break down the macros for your own individual needs?

Again, not always certain how people figure out how to break down the macros for your own individual needs?
In order to calculate your macros you would need to workout your total calorie requirements in order to workout the ball park you're playing in :)

There's a template in the stickied member profiles thread for your age, background, current fitness level, etc. make sure to include your activity level, both lifestyle (ie how much walking, standing, running through work/everyday life) and exercise which is an important part of caloric requirement calculations. Your goals are also a key requirement for working out your calorie/macro needs.

46 pages down.

I'm on day #3 of 16:8 fasting from 6pm-10am as this suits my lifestyle bettter. Hunger pains are challenging but I'm doing ok so far.

I plan on 16:8 tuesday-sat, over eating a bit on Sunday and fasting from 8pm Sunday to Tuesday 10am and seeing how I go at it.

The fasting period gets easier the more you do it, soon you'll start to not even think about eating during your fasting period and push out the hrs further as you'll tell yourself you're not even hungry right now etc.

LB's and BP coffees also make it easier. :thumbsu:

46 pages down.

I'm on day #3 of 16:8 fasting from 6pm-10am as this suits my lifestyle bettter. Hunger pains are challenging but I'm doing ok so far.

I plan on 16:8 tuesday-sat, over eating a bit on Sunday and fasting from 8pm Sunday to Tuesday 10am and seeing how I go at it.
Great stuff man, like Nickos said, it wont be long before you actually have to remember to eat as opposed to ignore hunger pains. The first long fast was a real challenge for me. The struggle was way more mental than physical but it got easier before long :thumbsu:

The fasting period gets easier the more you do it, soon you'll start to not even think about eating during your fasting period and push out the hrs further as you'll tell yourself you're not even hungry right now etc.

LB's and BP coffees also make it easier. :thumbsu:

LB's?

Great stuff man, like Nickos said, it wont be long before you actually have to remember to eat as opposed to ignore hunger pains. The first long fast was a real challenge for me. The struggle was way more mental than physical but it got easier before long :thumbsu:

My biggest challenge at the moment is that I'm drawing to a close at the job I've been working at for 8 years, and I've pretty well mentally checked out from a working hard perspective. Therefore the days are boring, and the more boring it gets the more I think about food.. from Saturday I've got two weeks off between jobs and I'm gonna absolutely smash nutrition and training so I can cut a better figure on day #1 at the new job!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back