FFA Cup Final – Adelaide Utd v Perth Glory Dec 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Ironically it probably would have been easier last night because there was no one there.

I love both of those grounds but they have the country's worst infrastructure around them.

Yeah but it's so ******* far away that on a week night I don't wanna be trekking it back home at, what, 10pm?

Yeah but it's so ******* far away that on a week night I don't wanna be trekking it back home at, what, 10pm?
Jesus, if a Stadium on the doorstep of the CBD is "so ******* far away", they should just give up on sport in Sydney.

Question - When you say North Shore, do you mean Manly, Pittwater, or even further north (ie. Gosford)?

If it's Gosford, then ok, I agree. If it's Pittwater, yeah, pushing it for a mid-week game.

But if you say Manly, I stand by looking down on you.

Question - When you say North Shore, do you mean Manly, Pittwater, or even further north (ie. Gosford)?

If it's Gosford, then ok, I agree. If it's Pittwater, yeah, pushing it for a mid-week game.

But if you say Manly, I stand by looking down on you.

Door to door it would take me easily over an hour each way. Pittwater is probably the closest of the three very distinct options you gave me.

Jesus, just went to google earth to see exactly how far Pittwater and Gosford are.
Didn't remember Pittwater being so far out. I thought it was more in the vicinity of where Warriewood is.

I work in Pyrmont and it would still take me 45 mins to take public transport from work to the ground. It's 15km across the CBD.

Would have taken me over 2 hours to get home last night and the game didn't finish until 10pm.

Pass.
Ummmmmmm, where do you live? Considering it would take about that long to get home to Penrith when I lived there. (with 30 min of that being to get out of Paddington)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bingo ;)

I'm not actually in Penrith, I'm out at Glenmore Park. It's about 20 mins south of Penrith.
Ok, to be more precise, I lived in Glenmore Park.
Luttrell Street.

I assume '20 mins south of Penrith' is driving speed right? Mulgoa Road. Sigh. Could walk to Penrith shopping centre faster than driving.

Jesus, just went to google earth to see exactly how far Pittwater and Gosford are.
Didn't remember Pittwater being so far out. I thought it was more in the vicinity of where Warriewood is.

I'm a lot closer than Pittwater though, but not as close as Manly.

Ok, to be more precise, I lived in Glenmore Park.
Luttrell Street.

I assume '20 mins south of Penrith' is driving speed right? Mulgoa Road. Sigh. Could walk to Penrith shopping centre faster than driving.
Yeah I know it.

Yeah it is. Realistically it's only about 10km but traffic is ridiculous. Although I travel the Northern Rd which is ten times better than Mulgoa.

That's never a red card. Also, the rules state that you must stop play to issue a red card unless there is an immediate clear goalscoring opportunity. Once he called play on Williams cannot give a red for the foul.

Not going to discuss whether or not that was a red card, other then that I don't think it was worthy of a red, but its worth noting that you're wrong on the issuing of a red card on serious foul play. In general, advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless their is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal.

At the next stoppage in play, the ref should send the player off then.

FYI. I still think Williams is a campaigner of the highest order.

Apparently pretty much sold out but if you turn up the old greeks manning the gate will still let you buy a ticket even once kingston heath reaches capacity (3500 I believe).

This is why I love suburban soccer, sadly you lose this kind of stuff when you make the jump to large-scale professional sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back