Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Will do.

Is there a BP coffee guide for dummies? lol, I don't intend to buy the BP branded coffee at this stage., Can all ingredients be purchased from the supermarket?

Out of curiosity what kind of sauce?

Also ditch the low fat yoghurt.

6541309.jpg

I have an obsession with it.

Interesting. Do you actually measure out 30 grams of butter or just have a guess? lol
The Danish Harmony is available in coles/woolies?

Have never looked at that particular one but Paul Newman stuff is usually full of seed/vegetable oil and sugar.

Not surprising as it tastes so damn good (which is usually an indication of how bad something is)

Interesting. Do you actually measure out 30 grams of butter or just have a guess? lol
The Danish Harmony is available in coles/woolies?
A few here make butter/oil pods heated, mixed and poured into small moulds. I use cupcake ones at around 60ml. Lately i have just been heating a whole jar coconut 300ml with 250g butter. I like that as it increases the MCT content.

And Harmony is at woolies. 4 weeks ago it was on special for $4.30 yay, so i got 7 blocks (sad, all gone now)

Will do.

Is there a BP coffee guide for dummies? lol, I don't intend to buy the BP branded coffee at this stage., Can all ingredients be purchased from the supermarket?

Doesn't have to be BP branded goods.
Get a bag of quality ground beans, unsalted butter, Woolworths sell grass fed butter unsalted for $2.00 /250g, health store should sell Melrose mct oil if not supermarkets seem coconut oil in Asian section, try not to Shri Lankin made- I rpt should look white not pale.
Super market sells stevia, check its calorie free no added maltidextrin or sugar.

Macros-
example of my current eating macros:
Fat-150g
Protein -100g
Carbs-upto 50 net(don't include fibre)
This equates to just over 2000cals whuch for calorie counters you would be under your maintenance when weighing 88k, daily maintenance cals for you is roughly 2100.
Days I lift weights I eat more protein by adding pre n post shakes.
I virtually eat Paleo but no sweet spud.

If wanting to loss 6k asap then you have two choices,
1. Exercise like a madman morning n night & eat the same your are but when u stop the same exercise routine n eat the same the weight will reappear.
2.change your eating habits & become a fat burner instead of a sugar burner, throw some Intermitted fasting in a few days a week , some fasted am cardio , stick to same weight program time frame but increase intensity.

You want to establish an eating lifestyle that doesn't revolve around exercise so for some reason if your unable to exercise your weight want yo yo.
Diet is King
Exercise is Queen.

Sunday's & Monday's I do 25 mins of sprints am on empty stomach then don't eat til 6pm.
These days I keep under 1500cals.
Soon as you eat after exercise you stop burning fat, & if u eat carbs before exercise all your doing is burning off the carbs.

The key is to keep insulin to a minimum.

As a rule I don't count calories it's just that the Macro counter I use also records calories.

Current situation:
29yo
180cm
88kg
Got to 79kg this time last year, but have been a bit lazy because I get a little too comfortable at times. doesn't mean i'm incapable of nailing down when i want/need, it just is what it is.
i work in a sales job, i arrive at work at 8am and leave at 6pm.
i generally go to the gym after work, 30 minute or so weight session, 15-30 minutes of cardio and then 15 minutes sauna.
my 'good' daily eating plan consists of:
breakfast:
low fat yoghurt, mixed with 1 scoop WPI
frozen raspberries
oats
lunch:
150g chicken
kale coleslaw mix from coles
probably a small amount of sauce to keep it from being overly boring
afternoon tea:
protein shake
apple
dinner (post work out)
30g protein source
brown rice
mixed vegetables
bit of sauce again
sometimes casein shake before bed.
of course, that is the 'better' scenario, don't mention the times where i might eat junk food for lunch or drink like a fish after an ass of a day at work.
i'm keen to try the BP stuff because everyone raves over it, i want to try new things.
i've had times in the past where i haven't eaten between afternoon and the following morning and it has seemed to help weight loss over those days that i've done it, so there could be something there.
i would like to shed about 6 or so kgs ASAP.
Based on this I would recommend starting with intermittent fasting and because you're so keen bullet proof as well.

On a day when you're going to the gym

>have a bullet proof coffee as a breakfast replacement at approximately 10am
>lunch should be light like 100g-200g of meat+ salad or veg
>lunch should be consumed a minimum of 2 hours after BP coffee (any earlier and you may get the runs, particularly as your body becomes accustomed to a high fat BP coffee)
>the following advice comes from ablett he seems to have chopped and changed his routine a bit since I copied this stuff down but i'm sure it's still good info

then 2 hours pre workout have hi gi / sinful carbs with protein.
This is the perfect time to a have a cheat feed like cocopops or a sugary cereal which you wouldn't normally eat as it will be used as fuel for the workout & keeps you humane!
I was eating ricebubbles for a while which is virtually white rice anyway.
Pour whey in water over the cereal opposed to milk unless you can get a hold of raw goat or cows milk.​

>in terms of a guide for BP coffee I would start off having a long black with 5g butter and 5g coconut oil (any brand you can get your hands on for now), this will give you an idea if you like it or not and if it's worth going to the additional expense and effort of buying the proper ingredients (grass fed butter, organic coconut oil, MCT oil or cacao butter)
>make sure you start with 5 grams of each ingredient only, any more than that as a start point and you'll get the runs
>make sure you use a stick blender (or something similar) to really blend up the ingredients thoroughly, if the fats don't completely emulsify through the coffee the drink becomes oily and unpalatable when it should taste creamy and delicious.
>I use a milkshake maker like this to blend mine
463x348xms400d_lr_hero_a13_apr.jpg.pagespeed.ic.VvslCdiimo.jpg

which I love but may not be feasible if you're making them at work
>glass blenders or plastic bullets have been known to crack or explode because of the heat of the coffee, so be warned.
>gradually increase from 5 grams to 15 grams of butter and coconut oil (some go higher but 30g of fats suits me fine)
>if you think you want to continue with it look to purchase grass fed butter and organic coconut oil in order to receive the maximum benefits
>please note that a true BP coffee includes Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) oil but I really like the nutty taste of coconut oil so I keep using it, coconut oil is 50% mct oil anyway

Bout nto start a new job soon, so it's going to be reasonably awkward wanting to make BP coffee at 10am with new work colleagues! Can it be done at 7am?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bout nto start a new job soon, so it's going to be reasonably awkward wanting to make BP coffee at 10am with new work colleagues! Can it be done at 7am?
BP coffee doesn't spike insulin like a fast breaking meal (so you technically remain in a fasted state), it does blunt the release of HGH though.

Based on this I would recommend starting with intermittent fasting and because you're so keen bullet proof as well.

On a day when you're going to the gym

>have a bullet proof coffee as a breakfast replacement at approximately 10am
>lunch should be light like 100g-200g of meat+ salad or veg
>lunch should be consumed a minimum of 2 hours after BP coffee (any earlier and you may get the runs, particularly as your body becomes accustomed to a high fat BP coffee)
>the following advice comes from ablett he seems to have chopped and changed his routine a bit since I copied this stuff down but i'm sure it's still good info

then 2 hours pre workout have hi gi / sinful carbs with protein.
This is the perfect time to a have a cheat feed like cocopops or a sugary cereal which you wouldn't normally eat as it will be used as fuel for the workout & keeps you humane!
I was eating ricebubbles for a while which is virtually white rice anyway.
Pour whey in water over the cereal opposed to milk unless you can get a hold of raw goat or cows milk.​

>in terms of a guide for BP coffee I would start off having a long black with 5g butter and 5g coconut oil (any brand you can get your hands on for now), this will give you an idea if you like it or not and if it's worth going to the additional expense and effort of buying the proper ingredients (grass fed butter, organic coconut oil, MCT oil or cacao butter)
>make sure you start with 5 grams of each ingredient only, any more than that as a start point and you'll get the runs
>make sure you use a stick blender (or something similar) to really blend up the ingredients thoroughly, if the fats don't completely emulsify through the coffee the drink becomes oily and unpalatable when it should taste creamy and delicious.
>I use a milkshake maker like this to blend mine
463x348xms400d_lr_hero_a13_apr.jpg.pagespeed.ic.VvslCdiimo.jpg

which I love but may not be feasible if you're making them at work
>glass blenders or plastic bullets have been known to crack or explode because of the heat of the coffee, so be warned.
>gradually increase from 5 grams to 15 grams of butter and coconut oil (some go higher but 30g of fats suits me fine)
>if you think you want to continue with it look to purchase grass fed butter and organic coconut oil in order to receive the maximum benefits
>please note that a true BP coffee includes Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) oil but I really like the nutty taste of coconut oil so I keep using it, coconut oil is 50% mct oil anyway

That pre w/o advice is more so for someone wanting to grow or maintain muscle , would just have whey in water for weightloss.
And then I wasn't in Nutrional Ketosis.

Coles has Natvia organic Stevia on special at the moment, 80x2g sticks 0.4cal, zero sugar, zero carb for 13.99.

Also from coles or woolies get vanHOUTEN Cacao powder, made in Belgium.

The woollies home brand Pure Cocoa powder is Kosher from Germany & the lowest sugar content I can find, cheap too.

Do you still recommend intermittent ketosis for building and maintaining muscle?

Yes , there's many current pro Body builders increasing or maintaing muscle mass in Ketosis .
Fasting raises HGH & you know it's benefits.

Some can eat upto 150g of carb n still be in Ketosis.
Adding mct oil to carb meals causes ketones to still be released.
Get your hormones peaking n you see lean muscle growth more so than 400g of protein a day.
I doubt gladiators had a protein shake b4 n after battles!

Just had my first BP coffee :thumbsu:

Had it only with my own normal coffee which we can improve on with ground coffee and a french press, but as ablett said, best to have a crack at the basics to see if its for you.

Bought some unsalted organic butter from the health food store along with melrose coconut oil and also some MCT oil, though opted for the coconut oil for the first test.

So far; awesome. Happy with it. I'm used to having sugar with my coffee, but I can see myself getting far more used to this than trying to go with just a long black!

Just had my first BP coffee :thumbsu:

Had it only with my own normal coffee which we can improve on with ground coffee and a french press, but as ablett said, best to have a crack at the basics to see if its for you.

Bought some unsalted organic butter from the health food store along with melrose coconut oil and also some MCT oil, though opted for the coconut oil for the first test.

So far; awesome. Happy with it. I'm used to having sugar with my coffee, but I can see myself getting far more used to this than trying to go with just a long black!

Good stuff, if your out n about or catching up for Coffee with a friend just order a black coffee n ask them to put a big dollop of cream in it, Poor mans bullet proof coffee!

I make mine at home and take it in a thermos with me to work.

What would be best to use as a pre-workout? I've been just eating rice bubbles about an hour before going to the gym, which has been working fine for gaining mass. I've just read some pretty nasty stuff on puffed rice as of recently.
If I go in the morning, empty stomach and coffee.

Later in the day, I just eat how I normally would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back