Sport Hangar Basketball thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Having Carter-Williams injured and in trade rumours isn't helping. Looks like another year of being heavily involved in the draft.
Oh yeah, tank city still in effect. I'd prob trade MCW since I think his value atm is about as high as it's going to get and think Hinkie is smart enough to pull the trigger, can't really see him getting much better tbh. Pretty high on Mcdaniels tho since I think he can turn into a really good wing defender. There's some good athletic defensive talent on the team just obv no all-star caliber offensive talent (besides Embiid and Saric who obv wont play this season)

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Alright so I want to get into basketball this year, but I have absolutely no idea of the NBA or anything. Anyone got pointers on a guide to the teams? Who's good, who isn't, that sort of thing?
Depends what kind of team you want to start following, obvious good teams who are title contenders with stars are Cleveland, San Antonio, OKC, Clippers but there's a lot of exciting young 2nd tier teams like Golden State (Aussie Andrew Bogut plays for them), Houston. I'd prob advise following someone in the Western conference since it's just a much more interesting conference to follow as the East is a bit of a dumpster fire.

They will be good again, but the west is so stacked it's tough for them to break through and become one of the top top teams.

Yeah if only we were in the East, would of made playoffs last season :(

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
I'm excited, not sure what the Suns are going to do this year but I was pleasantly surprised with last season :)

I'm going out on a limb and tipping the Suns to make playoffs. They'll be around the middle of the standings. I'd be excited if I were you, the Suns are are on the up.

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Alright so I want to get into basketball this year, but I have absolutely no idea of the NBA or anything. Anyone got pointers on a guide to the teams? Who's good, who isn't, that sort of thing?

I love these questions :D.
Cleveland, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, LA Clippers and Chicago are the bandwagons teams, in that order.
Teams just under those, IMO, are Golden State, Miami, Dallas, Houston, Portland, Memphis, Toronto and Washington.
Teams like Phoenix, Charlotte, Sacramento and New Orleans are young and about ready to make a playoff run.
Boston and the Lakers are awful right now but there is future hope (these two always get back up eventually)
The horrible teams are Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Detroit (I suggest sticking clear).

Utah get good, then their players leave for anywhere that isn't Salt Lake City. Atlanta have made the playoffs most of the time I've followed basketball and yet, they're fairly irrelevant. Denver were relevant when Carmelo Anthony played there, but have done alright for themselves since, Kenneth Faried is a beast (and powder blue uniforms are A+++). Minnesota are fairly unknown, they lost Kevin Love to Cleveland but gained #1 pick Andrew Wiggins so they will probably be good once they develop.

Out in the wilderness are:
Indiana were good but lost Paul George to an horrific injury during the World Cup and Lance Stephenson to Charlotte via FA. New York have been in the wilderness for quite sometime, almost Richmond like (sorry not sorry Knicks fans :$).

Sorry for the big post but if you have any questions let me know, I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
They're a huge chance, if Bogut is healthy in the playoffs (they're something like 20-0 when he starts this season). The biggest issue they have is that the West is absolutely stacked with great teams so even as good as they are, winning 3 series to get to the finals will be really tough. I mean, they could be playing OKC in the first round which is pretty redic. I'd back them to win the series but it will be really tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back