Round 1 vs Port Adelaide @Subi

Remove this Banner Ad

No problem with the correction.

3 good wins against reasonable opposition to open the season since he started at Freo was what I was trying to get at. I expect him to have the team primed to play very well against Port first up.
Just checked his rd 1s at the saints.
07: Beat Melbourne by 31
08: Beat sydney by 2
09: Beat Sydney by 15
10: Beat Sydney by 8
11: Lost to Geelong (eventual premiers) by a point

So yeah he goes alright for opening rounds.
8 wins 1 loss which was by a point
Think we can and should win.

As the AFL fixtures are drawn up to me (Victorian) fan friendly expect a lot of 2.40 Sunday Afternoon games. Eddie's been harping on about using the time zone to their advantage.

As the AFL fixtures are drawn up to me (Victorian) fan friendly expect a lot of 2.40 Sunday Afternoon games. Eddie's been harping on about using the time zone to their advantage.
Yep, thinking of boycotting them. Sunday games are the worst and Eddie's a moron

Unfortunately, this all means absolutely nothing come Round 1 2015.

Incorrect. His first game as head coach for freo (rd 1, 2012) was a win against reigning premiers Geelong at Subi by 4 points (Pavlich soccer off the ground late in the match). 2013 Beat Eagles by 28 and Collingwood in 2014 by 70 are correct. Not sure about his reign at the Saints.

So following that trend we should beat Port by 130...

They will quickly tell you that they were missing Trengove and Chaplain for a while there..

... that's when they fell from 1st to 5th.

Trengove and Carlile. We haven't missed Chaplin's unaccountable pointing for two years now! :D

But even without them our under 22 defence held up pretty well. We lost 9 games during the season for a sum total margin of 99 points. Biggest loss was only 26 points to the Swans.

Anyway it should be a cracking game. No doubt your boys will want to atone for the finals loss and will come out breathing fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And, from what we have witnessed since his arrival at Fremantle, he has utter contempt for pre-season games.

Calling it early. Expect A.Morabito to poll three votes and be our best draft pick up for the summer.

Expect us to be favourites as with both sides fully fit (big assumption) see us as having a better side.

Why do Freo get bloody must win games from round 1. I bet we have at least 20 must win games this season. Our only non must win gimme games will be against the saints and well lose by 50 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back