2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

We seem to have reasonable support in WA. For any of those in WA, would we have a similar better WA support base than some of the smaller Vic clubs/Crows?
There's a heap of Port support out here cos there's so many South Aussies.

Plus with 3 of our last 5 games here we're basically a local team now.

There's a heap of Port support out here cos there's so many South Aussies.

Plus with 3 of our last 5 games here we're basically a local team now.

do the Coasters generally barrack for anyone that's playing against Freo?

FFS
Round 1 v Carlton at Docklands ie AWAY
Round 23 v Freo at Subi ie AWAY
Really????

REH no one played in Adelaide in round 1. Surely you know that. That was a result of the fact the stadium wouldn't be ready nothing else.

Go look at 2010, 11, 12, 13.

Edit: just saw others had already corrected you.

Round 1 is the single best time to make the Perth trip and being an Adelaide based side, face it, we'll have to do it once every year. Can anyone actually suggest a better time to have it? Round 1 is even better than either side of the bye imo.

Plus the timeslot is good. Will be a stand alone night game in SA and the east coast on a long weekend so even better than sharing sat night in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So first 4 weeks could be Freo Swans Crows and Cats.

Is that more than wishful thinking, REH ? viz introduction of the Quinn Cup and Dwayno extracting the digit on the story he should've written this year.

Man I live in East London, been here for a few years now, I am near where the Olympics was in Stratford.
If you come around here lets grab a pint. I can show you around London, I can get into some clubs here for free as I know the staff and bouncers, so I could get you in.

How do I send a message just to you rather than reply here?

We seem to have reasonable support in WA. For any of those in WA, would we have a similar better WA support base than some of the smaller Vic clubs/Crows?

it's hard for me to judge as I don't go to every freo game but I would suggest we have one of the better supporter bases for visiting sides in WA. the tigers and swans claim to be bigger but I would question that these days.

Got a feeling we are going to have one of the toughest draws again. If Sydney get the soda pop draw they got this year I'll be pretty p*ssed.

McGuire reckons Collingwood have got Richmond, Essendon, Carlton and St.Kilda as their doubles. Meaning they'll have to play either Sydney, Fremantle or Port Adelaide as their 1-6 bracket.

Hopefully it's us, cause the more games at the MCG the better as far as I'm concerned.

McGuire reckons Collingwood have got Richmond, Essendon, Carlton and St.Kilda as their doubles. Meaning they'll have to play either Sydney, Fremantle or Port Adelaide as their 1-6 bracket.

Hopefully it's us, cause the more games at the MCG the better as far as I'm concerned.

Will they even leave the state?

I'm fine with that, as long as the swans in round 2 isn't one of our Friday night games. If it is, and following a Sunday night game in Perth, then that'll be one massive balls up by the AFL.
But who was the last team to have a 5 day break between games - especially after a Perth trip? If the AFL does that to us, it'll be on par with those 2 games in 2004 for unfairness, when we played the Dogs in Darwin on a Saturday night, and then had to front up against Collingwood in Melbourne on the following Friday night.

Round 1 is the single best time to make the Perth trip and being an Adelaide based side, face it, we'll have to do it once every year. Can anyone actually suggest a better time to have it? Round 1 is even better than either side of the bye imo.

Plus the timeslot is good. Will be a stand alone night game in SA and the east coast on a long weekend so even better than sharing sat night in this case.
Mind you, playing Fremantle in Perth in round 23 this year didn't exactly hurt our performance against Richmond!!! For mine, our boys are happy to play anywhere, any time. We're good enough now to have ZERO worries about the opponent and/or the location. I say bring it on!!!

Hopefully the travesty of Collingwood having to play anything but a primetime Friday or Saturday night game is rectified.

Call SA or WA football fans what you will but they rock up irrespective of the timeslot. Yet the moment a Victorian club draws an interstate club or a Saturday/Sunday arvo match and it's the AFL's fault the crowds are halved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back