Show Cause Notices v2.0 sent out by ASADA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I wonder if this is robbing Peter to pay Paul in the sense that Alavi plausibly saying that he didn't know what he was compounding could create the necessary doubt for the anti-doping case(s) to fall over, but in turn greatly magnify a penalty from the WorkCover investigation.
ASADA is unlikely to fall for a defense that's inconsistent with the laws of physics and chemestry.

Alavi, a compounding pharmacist, didn't know what he was making?

How ******* stupid do you think we are?
Should I add it to my list of "amazing coincidences"?

I can feel a thread coming on.

So you mean to tell me that atoms just magically join together and form these mythical molecules just by touching each other? Every single atom does this?

Sounds fishy to me. Acquit!

have i missed anything since friday? havent checked the board since
No. Just more amazing coincidences being discussed. Echols is considering starting a thread on them.:D

Ps. The GG and Bobby Charlton as well as fabulousphil are continuing their unbiased views based on the fact that they support GWS, Sydney and Freo. Kudos to them as they've been taking a battering but haven't taken a backward step!:D

Why is that not feasible?

I answered this question a while ago, so I won't go into too much detail again, but the cliff notes are

1) Thymomodulin, TB4 and TA1 are three totally different peptides. IIRC TB4 is about 4.5 kDa, TA1 is 3 kDa and Thymomodulin is a mixture of 6 peptides. A 2nd yr Biochemistry student could do basic electrophoresis (separation by size) to determine the size of the peptide and which was supplied.

2) There are basic biochemical tests which specifically identify TB4 (ELISA assays are available)

3) Claiming that the costs to perform peptide sequencing were higher than expected is laughable. The peptide itself is quite small, and he said that he used the service before, so he would have known how much the test would be.

4) To compound the peptide you would need to know some of the biochemical properties of the peptide to determine what buffer it can be dissolved in. Different peptides will dissolve at different pH at different concentration.

If Alavi has any professional integrity then he knows exactly what he was dealing with. If he didn't then his license should be immediately stripped.

Its been about 100 years since I did any chem but I'm guessing that one goes bang?

Imagine trying to compound something that releases chlorine gas or fluorine gas. Really can't see anybody with a clue mixing a couple of unknowns together on spec.

Thermite reaction - burns at over 2000 degrees.

I answered this question a while ago, so I won't go into too much detail again, but the cliff notes are

1) Thymomodulin, TB4 and TA1 are three totally different peptides. IIRC TB4 is about 4.5 kDa, TA1 is 3 kDa and Thymomodulin is a mixture of 6 peptides. A 2nd yr Biochemistry student could do basic electrophoresis (separation by size) to determine the size of the peptide and which was supplied.

2) There are basic biochemical tests which specifically identify TB4 (ELISA assays are available)

3) Claiming that the costs to perform peptide sequencing were higher than expected is laughable. The peptide itself is quite small, and he said that he used the service before, so he would have known how much the test would be.

4) To compound the peptide you would need to know some of the biochemical properties of the peptide to determine what buffer it can be dissolved in. Different peptides will dissolve at different pH at different concentration.

If Alavi has any professional integrity then he knows exactly what he was dealing with. If he didn't then his license should be immediately stripped.

Ha!

I don't know what any of that means...but it sure sounds bad for Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James and the giant coincidence

ASADA is unlikely to fall for a defense that's inconsistent with the laws of physics and chemestry.

it didn't seem to bother the Warren commission and the magic quantum bullet which supposedly.killed JFK...

I may wait until the final sanctioning is handed out. The fix was always in from day 1.

We cant handle this sort of naked truth in this country. That we are drug cheating gold medalists

Last edited:
They're buried in the carrot patch.
I bet McDevitt has heard the Alavi tape even though he cant use it as evidence (yet).

Amazing how little Little knows about what the players were injected with, and yet your club had a tape but lost it.

amazing coincidence

I bet McDevitt has heard the Alavi tape even though he cant use it as evidence (yet).

Amazing how little Little knows about what the players were injected with, and yet your club had a tape but lost it.

amazing coincidence

Truly remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back