Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah he'll be all class, Simon Black sort of class, but unfortunately it won't be with us.

Pickers will trundle out his bs early next year saying his undecided and is going to wait till the end of the year, but Lions fans should rest easy as he really enjoys it in Brisbane and his happy to be there. That is until his contract runs out and his on the first plane back to Adelaide.

Pickers went to Adelaide to talk to Aish and his folks only recently if the decision was to stay a Lion they would have signed a contract extension then and there, they have made the choice to go home, now Pickers will play it out and do what he does best, get his clients where they want to be on great deals.

We might get lucky and Adelaide has a poor year which will net us a good pick which we can they on trade to pick up another good player in his early 20's who fills a need.

Happy to be wrong on this but we have seen it all before and Pickers is a master at it.
There are a plenty of reasons why Aish wouldn't have extended his contract.

1. More money if he holds out
2. He really isn't sure
3. Wants to assess what his options in SA would be

And there are more

Everyone was worried Paparone wouldn't extend his contract and he did. If Aish doesn't extend so be it. We'll get a top 10 pick as you said.

There are a plenty of reasons why Aish wouldn't have extended his contract.

1. More money if he holds out
2. He really isn't sure
3. Wants to assess what his options in SA would be

And there are more

Everyone was worried Paparone wouldn't extend his contract and he did. If Aish doesn't extend so be it. We'll get a top 10 pick as you said.

Yep number 3, just needs to work out if his going to fly first class or not ;).

Have to agree, had a good first season but certainly wasn't a complete gun.

That doesn't meant he won't be very very good but I wouldn't be too upset if he left.

Have to agree, had a good first season but certainly wasn't a complete gun.

That doesn't meant he won't be very very good but I wouldn't be too upset if he left.
I'll be upset for you. Just adds that bit of class.

I'll make sure I don't get him as a player sponsor badge and we'll be all sweet
Actually, judging by your badges then you need to sponsor him.

Banfield (Gone), Harwood (Here), Bartlett (Gone), Rich (Here), Yeo (Gone), Aish (Here)

:thumbsu:

Nah he'll be all class, Simon Black sort of class, but unfortunately it won't be with us.

Pickers will trundle out his bs early next year saying his undecided and is going to wait till the end of the year, but Lions fans should rest easy as he really enjoys it in Brisbane and his happy to be there. That is until his contract runs out and his on the first plane back to Adelaide.

Pickers went to Adelaide to talk to Aish and his folks only recently. If the decision was to stay a Lion they would have signed a contract extension then and there, they have made the choice to go home, now Pickers will play it out and do what he does best, get his clients where they want to be on great deals.

We might get lucky and Adelaide has a poor year which will net us a good pick which we can they on trade to pick up another good player in his early 20's who fills a need.

Happy to be wrong on this but we have seen it all before and Pickers is a master at it.
Meh, if he stays he stays & if he goes he goes. Would you really want a player on your list who doesn't want to be there. Not Pickers' fault, he's only the facilitator of his clients wishes. Could be holding out for a little more money, or he could be leaving, we'll know for sure by the start of the season if he hasn't signed in my opinion. No where near as demoralizing as the go home 5, especially after picking up Beams & Christensen. At the very least we'll pick up a first round draft pick and use it on someone who wants to be there (hopefully :)).

images

He's an 18/19 year old kid and must be under enormous pressure to "come home".

My gut feel is that he actually likes it here (in Brisbane) but is genuinely torn as to what he is supposed to do. To this extent, I doubt whether it's totally about money .Just think he probably needs a bit of time and space to sort himself out. That's why Swann has come out with his "no pressure" statement. It's a delicate situation obviously and Swann is professional enough to realise that's there's nothing to be gained by upping the ante in the media.

If Aish does decide to pack his bags for SA, it won't be for lack of us doing our utmost best to encourage him to stay a Lion, If that's what happens, we move on and make the best of it. The way the club is on a roll right now, I have confidence that that's exactly what we'll do:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he was unsure he should have told us this year, we could have dumped him and 25on collingwood for Beams, and grabbed a similar midfielder with pick 5

Now we're going to lose him for a third round pick next year, and that's incredibly frustrating

Pickers went to Adelaide to talk to Aish and his folks only recently. If the decision was to stay a Lion they would have signed a contract extension then and there, they have made the choice to go home, now Pickers will play it out and do what he does best, get his clients where they want to be on great deals.

I have to fully agree with everything that you have stated.

If he was unsure he should have told us this year, we could have dumped him and 25on collingwood for Beams, and grabbed a similar midfielder with pick 5

Now we're going to lose him for a third round pick next year, and that's incredibly frustrating
Third round draft pick huh? Okey dokey then.

For the 1000th time.!!!!!

There's no such thing as "dumping" a player to a club where they don't want to go.:mad:

All scenarios based on this assumption are total bullshit.

Aish may (or may not) have an inclination to go home to SA.

It doesn't mean we can treat him like a piece of crap and "deport" him to the Land of Mordor.

Can we give him say a 2 year contract and then agree we'll trade him at the end of 2016?
I see what you did there;)

Yeah I do worry what we'd get for him next year.

He would be an out of contract player which means his worth has dropped significantly.

We'd be lucky to get a late first round early second round. ...

I still have hope he'll get back with the boys pre season... enjoy Brisbane again then re-sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back