Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Lever is going inside the top 10. He didn't even play a game this year
I know, would've thought he'd have had the same situation that Conlon did last year, i.e. long term injury and gets overlooked (Conlon was rated as a top 10 pick too apparently as a bottom ager).

I know, would've thought he'd have had the same situation that Conlon did last year, i.e. long term injury and gets overlooked (Conlon was rated as a top 10 pick too apparently as a bottom ager).

To be fair, we are all talking like they are going to happen. (cockatoo inside the top 20, Lever top 10, that small fella Caleb Daniel to go after pick 50)

We could be wrong on so many fronts. Wait till draft night to see how it really does pan out

To be fair, we are all talking like they are going to happen. (cockatoo inside the top 20, Lever top 10, that small fella Caleb Daniel to go after pick 50)

We could be wrong on so many fronts. Wait till draft night to see how it really does pan out
Good point, for all we know a Wright or McCartin may slide (unlikely but could happen), at this stage there's probably only two certainties (outisde of the father-son and academy selections) and those are that Petracca will go Pick 1 and that Melbourne will take Brayshaw.

Cam Conlon is the definition of 'laden with potential', (and rightly so I might add, in 2011 i think it was I saw him do some pretty exceptional stuff) but he's played 2 games in 2 years, there is no way you even consider him.

Cam Conlon is the definition of 'laden with potential', (and rightly so I might add, in 2011 i think it was I saw him do some pretty exceptional stuff) but he's played 2 games in 2 years, there is no way you even consider him.
True I wouldn't given him a spot on the primary list, but surely we could do worse than to give him a shot on the rookie list. Can you imagine him fulfilling his potential alongside Daniher? That is a forward combo who opposition teams would be very, very scared of!

True I wouldn't given him a spot on the primary list, but surely we could do worse than to give him a shot on the rookie list. Can you imagine him fulfilling his potential alongside Daniher? That is a forward combo who opposition teams would be very, very scared of!

I could imagine him spending a lot of time in the rehab group...I'm very much in the 'I'd like to see him do something for a consistent period of time before drafting him' camp, and obviously club recruiters are of a similar ilk, I honestly think everyone's just struck a line through his name until he actually puts it all together.

I reckon Nick Jackson from QLD is a better go as a rookie, maybe Sam Bevan if he gets there, McGovorn's little brother also apparently goes alright and there's also Brenton Payne who number 1 is a very mobile marking tall with a big engine (tick), and number two is the grandson of Essendon premiership player Charlie Payne (great big farker of a tick).

I could imagine him spending a lot of time in the rehab group...I'm very much in the 'I'd like to see him do something for a consistent period of time before drafting him' camp, and obviously club recruiters are of a similar ilk, I honestly think everyone's just struck a line through his name until he actually puts it all together.

I reckon Nick Jackson from QLD is a better go as a rookie, maybe Sam Bevan if he gets there, McGovorn's little brother also apparently goes alright and there's also Brenton Payne who number 1 is a very mobile marking tall with a big engine (tick), and number two is the grandson of Essendon premiership player Charlie Payne (great big farker of a tick).
Not sure why there's been no talk about Payne. He looked good in the U18 champs.

Not sure why there's been no talk about Payne. He looked good in the U18 champs.

Completely agree, and he looked even better in the solitary Jets game I saw this year. I've got a couple of mini bandwagons happening, unfortunately we're in the shitty position of being out of the draft by pick 20 so we just have to hope they slide through to one of our rookie picks.

Absolutely a layman in regards to drafting, but I think Cockatoo will be gone before our picks, maybe long gone. Based on the lack of top end talent, his standout attributes and possible development pathways.

Laverde jumping about 15 spots in most phantoms on the back of 1.5 good games suggests there is very little separating 5-25 and points of difference will play a big factor as to who falls where.

With who we brought into the club in the trading period (Cooney - inside mid, Gwilt - 3rd tall, Giles - ruck) maybe we will go tall with one of our two picks. the other? that outside receiver we are crying out for
Lauchlan Dalgleish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

along with Browne, McKenna, Gleeson are all running defenders
In the games he's played on a wing I've been impressed. Gleeson will transition into midfield as will Browne. Yet you don't list Edwards who is a Dempsey clone

Heppell's move to the midfield was also disastrous.

Hep played on ball in the U18's (for his team)

In the games he's played on a wing I've been impressed. Gleeson will transition into midfield as will Browne. Yet you don't list Edwards who is a Dempsey clone

The three will play off half back next year.

Edwards played more forward pocket/flank in the latter part of the year than the Dempsey half back position.

Yoda_ do you have stats for the champs/TAC Cup? I'd be interested to see what Kovacevic puts up

Not sure he even played a game in the championships

(not listed in the official stats here)

Whilst his TAC Cup stats were promising early before turning it on later in the year.

(check out his TAC Cup stats here)

From the limited comments from Dodo, he may play across half back.
Ahh ok, will that be to help his defensive game do you think? Cos from memory he kicked 4 goals or something playing through mid/half forward against the AIS boys in Ireland last year.

Ahh ok, will that be to help his defensive game do you think? Cos from memory he kicked 4 goals or something playing through mid/half forward against the AIS boys in Ireland last year.

I was a little perplexed by his comments about McKenna playing half back, but you would imagine that it'd be to get the game to come at him rather than go and create as a half forward must do.

Not sure he even played a game in the championships

(not listed in the official stats here)

Whilst his TAC Cup stats were promising early before turning it on later in the year.

(check out his TAC Cup stats here)
25 hitouts, 4.7 marks and 15 disposals/game is impressive. Especially getting more than 1 CM/game. And kicking 12 goals in 18 games is fairly handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back