List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

We will pick up a delister...
Hunt...shrug
Blease....whatever...
Hardingham.......fien
Robinson.......this bloke has done us some damage.... but a bag egg.....
Yawn

If I had too

Hunt.....

No

Robinson

Whatever

What are the thoughts on a draft of:

12: Duggan
33: Menadue/Neal-Bullen
52: Glenn
70: Daniel
88: Miles

Extremely wishful thinking but that would just about be a perfect draft in my eyes.

Really want Glenn and Daniel on the list. We snare one I'd be happy, we get both I'd be ******* ecstatic.

What are the thoughts on a draft of:

12: Duggan
33: Menadue/Neal-Bullen
52: Glenn
70: Daniel
88: Miles

Extremely wishful thinking but that would just about be a perfect draft in my eyes.
Don't think it's too wishful, all reasonable chances of being there at those picks, and yes that would just about be my ideal outcome as well

Reckon Glenn especially could really add something to us straight away as a 21 year old

Glenn would be the perfect replacement for Newman.

Don't think it's too wishful, all reasonable chances of being there at those picks, and yes that would just about be my ideal outcome as well

Don't think Glenn will be available at 52, and Daniel may not be there at 70. Both Menadue and Neal Bullen could be gone at 33 as well.

Would people rather Outside run in Menadue or the potential clearance machine in Neal Bullen.

We currently have enough players 192 or over with roughly last i counted about 11including 2 ruckman
McIntosh
Rance
grimes
Astbury
Chaplin
Elton

Riewoldt
Griffiths
Vickery
McBean

Maric
Hampson

Thats nearly a third of the list & We should probably take 1 KPP & 1 Ruck in the draft which will more than fill our quota, We need to go all out for Mids this draft as thats the way the game is going. You can only play 7 talls in the side and 15 Mids and the mids these days are all interchangeable between foward line and defence.

We Need to invest very heavily into midfielders and i would suggest roughly 7 and maybe even as high as 8 new midfielders on the senior/rookie list combined - really need to unearth 2 gems this year

You have made a good point.

KPP of quality are typically 196cm and below and usually 194cm and above these days although some maybe be shorter depending on size, reach and make ups and quality particularly regarding mobility.

So that means we have:

Rance
Astbury
Chaplin
Reiwoldt.

Given Chaplin is not too far away from retirement and who knows how long JR and Rancey may be with us we really are a bit thin in quantity and quality!

Your highlighting a number of rucks as 2 or 3 with Soldo and then our ruck hybrids TV, Griff, McBean and Elton which is high in number. Due to height/mobility/ground level effectiveness they are in the speculative area although Griff shows he can be quite a threat on field!

The bottom line for me is we need more mobility,quality and versatility in our KPP's IMO. Having Griffiths, who can play multiple roles, is not really enough and is one of our structural weaknesses which needs to be addressed in time IMO.

The thing with Goddard is we have few years to get him up to speed prior to Chaplin leaving.. and he can relieve Griffiths at CHF at times in his development. Hell he could even play FF allowing JR to roam. Bottom line is Durdin or Goddard at 12 are no brainers value wise and they are far better prospects than our current stocks due to quality and track record! You would even grab them to open other trade out options later extracting value and opening up premiership window opportunities longer term!

Last edited:
Been talk that we have spoken to Blease. Not sure now whether or not this will progress to anything further than a chat, but can 100% confirm he has spoken to RFC

I don't mind a look at Blease. Not a bad height and left footer as well as RFC past supporter isn't he?

He could play wing, HBF, I am more inclined to give him a shot over some others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one i found interesting that i can confirm we have spoken to is Northern Blues BNF winner Tom Wilson. around 177cm and 80kg. Played as a small forward for the blues rotating through the middle. Elite foot skills, average-good endurance and good in traffic.

Another one i found interesting that i can confirm we have spoken to is Northern Blues BNF winner Tom Wilson. around 177cm and 80kg. Played as a small forward for the blues rotating through the middle. Elite foot skills, average-good endurance and good in traffic.

I would like us to take Mclean at 33 if other prospects are taken before him. Reason is height of only 179cm is mitigated by his marking and we know he can fall back to a small forward role effectively while still being able to run through the middle and get possessions. It depends on whose available at 33 I guess. Point is he has a few tools to have a reasonable shot at AFL level

I would like us to take Mclean at 33 if other prospects are taken before him. Reason is height of only 179cm is mitigated by his marking and we know he can fall back to a small forward role effectively while still being able to run through the middle and get possessions. It depends on whose available at 33 I guess
Tom would be as a rookie prospect only you would assume. 22 years of age

Do you know if we have spoken to Kane Lambert at all?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back