Three Kiwis under investigation for match fixing

Remove this Banner Ad

Cairns was one of my favourite players as a kid, and as much as I want to believe this is BS, there's just been so much smoke around him over the last five or so years it isn't funny. You'd think the London Police would have something pretty ******* solid against him to be able to prove he lied during the defamation case in which he emphatically stated he's never fixed a cricket match.

Just hope it was only ICL and not any official cricket. I can kindaaaaa live with that.

Unfortunately given the things Vincent has been saying it seems more than that.

If was CC who initiated the case. He was suing someone for liable then lied. Maybe, 1 year for perjury then 6 years for being a DH
In 2012 Cairns sued Lalit Mody for defamation over twitter postings insinuating that Cairns was a known match fixer. Cairns was awarded 90,000 quid. As a result of the Lou Vincent stuff, this case has been brought against Cairns and his Barrister, in that Cairns lied under oath and the Barrister made Lou Vincent give false evidence.

In 2012 Cairns sued Lalit Mody for defamation over twitter postings insinuating that Cairns was a known match fixer. Cairns was awarded 90,000 quid. As a result of the Lou Vincent stuff, this case has been brought against Cairns and his Barrister, in that Cairns lied under oath and the Barrister made Lou Vincent give false evidence.

That's what is said didn't I ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...itute-underperform-Indian-Cricket-League.html

He spoke of a trip to Dubai during his stay in India with Cairns, Tuffey and Australian Matthew Elliott. 'There were discussions of what we had earned and how to use that money. It was exciting. There was a discussion about buying property in Dubai. Chris gave myself and Tuffey and envelope containing $2,500 (£1,620) spending money.'

He added he was convinced Elliott was involved in the fixing.

hope not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's an all-star cast lined up as prosecution witnesses as well: Ponting, Vettori, Harris, Adams, Bond, McCullum... Cairns could be going away for a fair while if unsuccessful.

I'm much more interested in knowing if Cairns fixed any official cricket.

Whilst Vincent is attempting to play the victim, it sounds pretty compelling stuff and aligns with the whispers that have been going around.

There's an all-star cast lined up as prosecution witnesses as well: Ponting, Vettori, Harris, Adams, Bond, McCullum... Cairns could be going away for a fair while if unsuccessful.

I'm much more interested in knowing if Cairns fixed any official cricket.
Doubt we'll find that out at this trial. They just need to prove he cheated. They can do that with the ICL.

Under cross-examination from Orlando Pownall, QC, who is representing Cairns, Vincent was asked to recall the details of a confrontation with Fleming during the Champions League tournament in South Africa in 2012. Fleming, whom Pownall described as having a reputation for being "incorruptible", was then coach of the IPL franchise, Chennai Super Kings, while Vincent was playing for Auckland.

"He said, 'I know you're dirty, I know Chris is dirty'," Vincent told the court. "It was quite harrowing for a respected figure to corner you in a bar. It didn't make me feel good. I just wanted to run and hide."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/928887.html

Stephen Fleming knew

Pretty sure McCullum's testimony will convince you about Cairns too WR

I heard it was pretty damning, but hard to separate the BS from facts with this sort of stuff
Like I said I'm not sure either way on Cairns - I'm happy to sit in the fence until this is resolved - but I know that Vincent is bad and have for a long, long time

Like I said I'm not sure either way on Cairns - I'm happy to sit in the fence until this is resolved - but I know that Vincent is bad and have for a long, long time

Totally agree. Vincent's an absolute disgrace to NZ cricket . The life ban isn't enough. He's trying to get some sort of forgiveness out of this court process, plus out of some of things he's done in NZ.. But he's not getting any forgiveness from me.. he can go rot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back