The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent for us that Ludogorets beat Basel late on. Leaves it wide open for us to get through.

Even if we lose to Real Madrid away which we no doubt will. We then have the tougher of the two teams in Basel at home and Ludogorets away. With Sturridge hopefully back by then, we have to be winning those games and we might just get out of the group yet which would be nice.

Not that it really matters as we are no chance to win it. But a cheeky little run would be nice.

The signings we have made are really starting to become a concern though. In particular Markovic, Balotelli and Lovren. Lovren has been really poor. Balotelli, well he has been nothing short of a gigantic flop. Markovic, whilst he hasnt been horrible, ive just seen absolutely nothing from him that even slightly convinces me as to why we spent 20 million pounds on him.

Moreno, Manquillo, Lallana have been good business though.

I think there is hope for Markovic and Lovren. Not so much Balotelli.

Oh and the false 9 Sterling move doesnt work. He was pretty ineffective after half time. He needs Sturridge up top. He cant be a lone striker if you will.

Can can hopefully show a bit in the next few weeks. Showed when we played a pressing high tempo game we look good, when that stops we look pretty average and just sit back inviting pressure. We should keep Balotelli to play off the bench, he can't play as a lone striker, I'm sure Rogers didn't bring him in for that role and he's just going to end up frustrated and frustrating everyone else. I wont pass judgement on his signing until I see him playing with Sturridge.

I really hope we sign a keeper though, every set piece I cringe at Migs coming out flapping his arms. Good shot stopper, just has trouble with the aerial ball something shocking.

I think Real put a lot of focus on Henderson, every time he got the ball he was closed down quick smart and is something he'll have to learn to better cope with now.

Our supporters s**t me sometimes though, if you're calling for Brendan Rogers to be sacked you're a mug and should * off and support Chelsea.

Meh, over that.

Attention immediately turns to Hull now. We're at home. Gotta win that and keep up momentum. If we can win at home that would be somehow, someway, three league wins on the bounce!

Was interested to see Sterling play out the match.

And surely Gerrard doesn't start on the weekend?

BR is infuriating at times. I would have subbed off Sterling and Gerrard.

He's obsessed with subbing off Coutinho @ 60

On the podcast last night we thought Gerrard wouldn't start and Sterling would go off around 60, which was clearly wide of the mark. Pretty surprising because I think it could impact you a lot with the short turn around to the game on the weekend.

Was interested to see Sterling play out the match.

And surely Gerrard doesn't start on the weekend?
I would say both start on the weekend and tire dramatically by the end

Probably see Enrique come in for Moreno at LB (although I would play Moreno).

When is Sahko back fit?

Will BR start Lambert?

I would say both start on the weekend and tire dramatically by the end

Probably see Enrique come in for Moreno at LB (although I would play Moreno).

When is Sahko back fit?

Will BR start Lambert?

Would be interesting if you started Lambert and Balotelli together up front, that might unsettle our defence, might be a bit too big and strong for us, but one or the other starting on their own and we'll account for them pretty comfortably I would think.

Gerrard will start most matches, that's always been how it is under Rodgers. And no way you can tell him he ain't starting against Real at Anfield, just no way

Rodgers is out of his depth when it comes to organising a side defensively. The days we can shock big fishes at Anfield in Europe under Rafa are over, Rafa knows how to set up a team to nullify opponents, under Rodgers we are a soft team to play against at the best of times

Just * off Lovren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back