Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly is it extraordinary? He traveled what, the day after the game? They don't do scans right after the game because of swelling, it's perfectly reasonable for him to travel to Germany and then get the scans a day or two later before training with the German side.
If his knee was swollen after the game and with tears to ligaments in the knee there are usually signs like swelling, like tenderness to touch, like....like...like..... etc. etc. Those are danger signals and it means don't do anything except for the correct protocol which is now PRICE: it used to be called RICE ie. Rest Ice Compression Elevation. They've now added Protection which funnily enough means ya don't go flying anywhere to join up with your National team especially if you haven't had any diagnosis of what is causing the pain, the swelling.

He shouldn't be travelling anywhere NTRabbit, after all, he's Arsenal's player and apart from the obvious duty of care, why would Wenger allow one of his players, star or not, to travel and be away from the club when all is not right with them?

If Wenger's answer to that question is "I didn't know there was anything wrong" or, "I didn't think it was that serious", that's just plain and simple incompetence and the buck stops with the manager/coach, as does the utter stupidity of not making sure that your players are sufficiently warm and stretched to take the field when and if necessary.

We are now talking about critical procedures (not tactical manoeuvring) which every club, professional or otherwise, must follow and if they don't, that's just neglect or incompetence , either way, it's a "hanging offence".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, what a last few minutes.

They should've been 2-3 nil ahead. Their fullback hits the bar with about 5 of our defenders just standing their watching. That would've been game over.

And then some great work from the full backs. The finish by Gibbs was class. And Podolski in the right spot at right time again. That's why I want him taking our shots on goal. He nails them.

Post Game positives +

We won.
Poldolski - scored.
Gibbs - scored.
Sanchez is so much better than our entire team both in ability (except Ozil) and determination.

Negatives -

Defending? well its hard to give a negative mark to something I never saw all night. Their first goal had both Chambers and Flamini marking the only two players in the box. Gibbs, Nacho and Mert all were drawn to the one damn Anderlecht player crossing the ball. They should have scored a second and it was only a complete miss hit (even that almost went in) that saved us. Once again, nobody marking him in the box, no cover from the midfield. The last 15 minutes was Anderlecht attacking at will.
Chambers - Was drawn to the same player as Flamini allowing the other a free header for the first goal. Bad mistake but he's still learning the position. Got forward well in the second half and provided the assist for Gibbs to score.
Mert - Does some good things then gets completely out of position for the first goal.
Nacho - You can tell hes not a CB and its not his fault. Tried hard and didn't really do much wrong individually, but as a defensive unit still hopeless.
Gibbs - Scored the goal to get us back into it at the death. Was alright individually but as a defensive unit still hopeless.

Midfield/Attacking? Disjointed, boring, insipid, thoughtless, predictable. et
Welbeck - gets points for effort. Cant fault his effort When there isn't much to work with.
Sanchez - always looks to make things happen.
Ramsey - Doesn't look like half the player he was last season. Missing passes, not creating just all round.....nothing.
Wlishere - Gets the ball deep. Runs with the ball. Gets tapped. Falls over a) gets a free kick b) gets nothing hits the ground and pouts. At least he tried.
Cazorla - I'm calling it right now, will be sold in January. Arshavin MKII completely devoid of any creativity or confidence. It's like the Space Jam aliens have come and stolen his abilities and are somewhere in the Looney toons Galaxy playing Nicklas Bendtner's fantasy 11 for the fate of the World. Crossing was shocking, passing was shocking, missed two great chances, dribbled into defenders etc. Shouldn't be playing.
Flamini - I don't know what he actually does? Is he supposed to shield the back four? If so, he ******* sucks at it. Countless times there was a huge space infront of our box that the Anderlecht players were running into, where was Flamini? No idea!? I honestly have no idea where he was on defence.

Ratings

Martinez - 6/10 Cant fault him for their goal. Didn't have much to do for most of the night and spilt one smother in the box but quickly regained it.
Gibbs - 7/10
Mert - 5/10
Nacho - 6/10
Chambers - 6/10
Flamini - 3/10
Chambers- 5/10
Ramsey- 4/10
Cazorla - 3/10
Wilshere- 5/10
Sanchez - 7/10
Welbeck - 6/10
Poldolski - 10/10

Ox - N/A
Campbell - N/A

We are pretty much certain to come 2nd in this group the way the standings are

We're pretty much through. 2 of the 3 remaining games are at home too. Outside chance of topping the group if we beat Dortmund, but their goal difference will probably see them remain 1st

Post Game positives +

We won.
Poldolski - scored.
Gibbs - scored.
Sanchez is so much better than our entire team both in ability (except Ozil) and determination.

Negatives -

Defending? well its hard to give a negative mark to something I never saw all night. Their first goal had both Chambers and Flamini marking the only two players in the box. Gibbs, Nacho and Mert all were drawn to the one damn Anderlecht player crossing the ball. They should have scored a second and it was only a complete miss hit (even that almost went in) that saved us. Once again, nobody marking him in the box, no cover from the midfield. The last 15 minutes was Anderlecht attacking at will.
Chambers - Was drawn to the same player as Flamini allowing the other a free header for the first goal. Bad mistake but he's still learning the position. Got forward well in the second half and provided the assist for Gibbs to score.
Mert - Does some good things then gets completely out of position for the first goal.
Nacho - You can tell hes not a CB and its not his fault. Tried hard and didn't really do much wrong individually, but as a defensive unit still hopeless.
Gibbs - Scored the goal to get us back into it at the death. Was alright individually but as a defensive unit still hopeless.

Midfield/Attacking? Disjointed, boring, insipid, thoughtless, predictable. et
Welbeck - gets points for effort. Cant fault his effort When there isn't much to work with.
Sanchez - always looks to make things happen.
Ramsey - Doesn't look like half the player he was last season. Missing passes, not creating just all round.....nothing.
Wlishere - Gets the ball deep. Runs with the ball. Gets tapped. Falls over a) gets a free kick b) gets nothing hits the ground and pouts. At least he tried.
Cazorla - I'm calling it right now, will be sold in January. Arshavin MKII completely devoid of any creativity or confidence. It's like the Space Jam aliens have come and stolen his abilities and are somewhere in the Looney toons Galaxy playing Nicklas Bendtner's fantasy 11 for the fate of the World. Crossing was shocking, passing was shocking, missed two great chances, dribbled into defenders etc. Shouldn't be playing.
Flamini - I don't know what he actually does? Is he supposed to shield the back four? If so, he ******* sucks at it. Countless times there was a huge space infront of our box that the Anderlecht players were running into, where was Flamini? No idea!? I honestly have no idea where he was on defence.

Ratings

Martinez - 6/10 Cant fault him for their goal. Didn't have much to do for most of the night and spilt one smother in the box but quickly regained it.
Gibbs - 7/10
Mert - 5/10
Nacho - 6/10
Chambers - 6/10
Flamini - 3/10
Chambers- 5/10
Ramsey- 4/10
Cazorla - 3/10
Wilshere- 5/10
Sanchez - 7/10
Welbeck - 6/10
Poldolski - 10/10

Ox - N/A
Campbell - N/A

Don't mean to nitpick, but I thought Campbell and Ox were perhaps deserving of a ranking for the energy and directness they gave when coming on. Too often we're stagnant in the final third, and playmakers like Sanchez find themselves with no one to work with around them. Campbell gives a bit defensively too which is a plus.

Mertesacker is a puzzling one. Has never been dominant in the air, never been lightning with pace. But has just been a f**king class defender. Seems to have regressed this season, is beaten too easily. Maybe his game rises a level when he's complemented with Koscielny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back