List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I simply noted that they won't play much in 2015 because of what we've brought in, they'll spend the year at Casey unless we get seriously crippled.

Fair enough.

I do agree with Nick and think they're still ahead of Salem, JKH and Toumpas - but fingers crossed that will change over the course of the year.

This all started because I said that proven guys will start ahead of the younger more talented ones

Both of us are making assumptions , I'm assuming that Roos will want to take a settled line up into the start of the season
Others are assuming the young blokes will step up and become better more rounder players thus leaving us no use for the battlers

Either way we need something else to discuss

This all started because I said that proven guys will start ahead of the younger more talented ones

Both of us are making assumptions , I'm assuming that Roos will want to take a settled line up into the start of the season
Others are assuming the young blokes will step up and become better more rounder players thus leaving us no use for the battlers

Either way we need something else to discuss

I saw The Tea Party in concert the other day. They've still got it!!

Plus, my last exam is tomorrow!!!!!! You f'n beauty!!!!!!!!

Ahhh, the weather was warm today!

That's all I got...

Fair enough.

I do agree with Nick and think they're still ahead of Salem, JKH and Toumpas - but fingers crossed that will change over the course of the year.

I think that's the point. If Bail, M Jones, Terlich, McKenzie, etc are still getting regular games ahead of Salem, Toumpas, JKH, etc by the end of next year it either means:
  • We had injury issues;
  • Bail, M Jones, Terlich, McKenzie miraculously broke through the ceiling that they appear to have hit;
  • Salem, JKH and Toumpas have failed to develop as we had hoped. We all stand around yanking at our collars and muttering "Oh God, it's happening again...".

I saw The Tea Party in concert the other day. They've still got it!!

A fried of mine saw them in Adelaide and said they still sounded awesome. He also said The Superjesus opened for them - I clearly missed the memo because I didn't know they'd reformed!

I may have had a little crush on Sarah McLeod back in the day....:oops:

I think that's the point. If Bail, M Jones, Terlich, McKenzie, etc are still getting regular games ahead of Salem, Toumpas, JKH, etc by the end of next year it either means:
  • We had injury issues;
  • Bail, M Jones, Terlich, McKenzie miraculously broke through the ceiling that they appear to have hit;
  • Salem, JKH and Toumpas have failed to develop as we had hoped. We all stand around yanking at our collars and muttering "Oh God, it's happening again...".
[/SIZE]

I'm not so concerned - Salem and JKH will only be second year players, so if they play 8+ games each I'll be ok with that - and happy if they play more.

Toumpas will be year 3, but I see him at the same place in progression as the other 2. I won't be worried if he only plays 8 or so games this year - but I would want an increase in 2016, certainly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what was your point then?

But ok, fair enough I should have quoted one of Cannon82 posts.

You can also show me where I said delist. I don't want to see him in the round 1 side as it'll be a clear sign of the lack of progression we're getting out of the youngsters. Would've been quite happy to see the back of him before he signed his contract extension.

The highest praise I've seen of Bail so far is that he tries hard and he "knows the game plan". We should sign a Border Collie and teach it to play fetch.

Do you guys think Blease will get picked up?

Wasn't he fairly promising when he got an AFL game
Maybe; has pace and can snag a couple of goals so could make an okay HFF type of player. Would need a strong team around him to make space though and be able to carry a player who struggles to get more than 12-15 touches a game. To me he's a Gary Rohan clone; both have pace, both get goals, both are very dangerous attacking players, but both are defensively limited, run themselves into trouble often and are prone to woeful decision making and neither is a big ball winner. A team which has a strong group of contested/inside players might take a punt on him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him not be picked up.

Maybe; has pace and can snag a couple of goals so could make an okay HFF type of player. Would need a strong team around him to make space though and be able to carry a player who struggles to get more than 12-15 touches a game. To me he's a Gary Rohan clone; both have pace, both get goals, both are very dangerous attacking players, but both are defensively limited, run themselves into trouble often and are prone to woeful decision making and neither is a big ball winner. A team which has a strong group of contested/inside players might take a punt on him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him not be picked up.

They also both have red hair.

Sydney have started playing Rohan at the defensive end of the ground. Perhaps to improve his accountability, but they've also loved his (dare I say it) Lumumba-like 80m plus plays.

Blease to Geelong

Rhys Stanley and now Blease? If true, odds on Chris Johnson being first coach out the door must be shortening by the minute.

Blease to Geelong

Rhys Stanley and now Blease? If true, odds on Chris Johnson being first coach out the door must be shortening by the minute.

chrisjohnson2.jpg
- Say what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back