Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Everyone,

Just signed up so thought I'd take the time to introduce myself.

1) Who do I barrack for?

Go Pies!

2) Who's my favourite Collingwood player?
Daicos. Current player would be Reid.

3) What is my favourite Collingwood moment?
Another one for the '90 GF. Just past legal drinking age, so it was a special day at the G and a top night afterwards(so I'm told!).

4) How did I come to be a Pies fan?
When I look back at it, I feel a bit bad....but, my dad was a diehard Tigers supporter and I followed suit until I realised I could actually make up my own mind. Can't remember exactly when but I'm sure it was before I was 7. Given that the Pies/Tigers were arch rivals (mid/late 70's), the choice was clear. Now I have kids around that age, and have managed to keep them all under the wing. Dad was very gracious, even taking me to Pies games when his Tigers weren't involved. What a great dad! RIP

mayjay

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, but recent account holder. Thought I might say hi

1) Who do I barrack for?
One eyed Pie Supporter

Bucks was my favourite as a kid... Now I'd have to say Elliot

I'll be a bit different and won't say the 2010 GF. 2012 Anzac Day clash, Blair's goal in the last minute. Was in a pub with Essendon supporters, so watching their suffering made it all the sweeter.

4) How did I come to be a Pies Fan?
Asked my dad who he supported, he said Collingwood so I decided to follow suit. Of course I discovered later that he doesn't know the first things about football or collingwood and he'd just been told by someone to say that if he was ever asked (he grew up in preston). Funny how these things turn out

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, but recent account holder. Thought I might say hi

1) Who do I barrack for?
One eyed Pie Supporter

Bucks was my favourite as a kid... Now I'd have to say Elliot

I'll be a bit different and won't say the 2010 GF. 2012 Anzac Day clash, Blair's goal in the last minute. Was in a pub with Essendon supporters, so watching their suffering made it all the sweeter.

4) How did I come to be a Pies Fan?
Asked my dad who he supported, he said Collingwood so I decided to follow suit. Of course I discovered later that he doesn't know the first things about football or collingwood and he'd just been told by someone to say that if he was ever asked (he grew up in preston). Funny how these things turn out

Welcome Jessies Girl, love your avatar and name. Good to have another female on board. You have also joined on an interesting day - the Beams mega-thread is just about history making!

Gday folks
Long time lurker (since 07)

1) Who do you barrack for?
Collingwood

2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
Of all time: Daics
Current: Williams

3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?
1990 + 2010

4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?
Its in the blood

Hey guys. I've had an account for over five years and used to post every now and then (was an annoying bastard who posted links to articles I'd written as well - my bad I was young) Anyway, I've been on forums since 07 however haven't posted on any for quite some time so thought I'd introduce myself here before getting going on here.

1) Who do you barrack for?
Collingwood of course.
Dane Swan has been for a long time, also love Josh Thomas however.
Have to say 2010 Premiership even though plenty have already, but it's only premiership I've seen. Other than that though, that extra time semi final against West Coast was something amazing.
Dad was a Pies fan, Mum was a Tigers fan and I basically had that choice. Liked the colours of the Pies, sister also supported them and as soon as I grew up enough to understand I just loved watching Bucks.

I never bothered to introduce myself so g'day :thumbsu: and I'll do the "quiz"

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)

Collingwood , since prep.

All time - Daicos. Current - Elliott/Pendles

1990 GF - I remember I was literally shaking as the game started. I'm just old enough to remember the frustrations of the late 70's/early 80's , so that was huge!

Not sure to be honest as my parents have no interest - perhaps via a cousin/uncle who were mad Pies supporters (the uncle was Coventry Club). If not that , then I must've just liked the colours.

Hey...I've just hopped on board, all the way from the US via India but originally Melbourne. So..

1) Who do you barrack for? >> Isn't it obvious ?
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? >> Showing my age but...Len Thompson
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? >> 1990 of course
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? >> Must be genetic

Long time listener, first time caller?

A bit nervous about taking your first tentative steps into the maelstrom that is BigFooty?

That's all cool, we were all newbies once, we know what it's like.

Why not introduce yourself by letting us know a little about yourself.

Here's some questions to help you!:

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)

Oh and last, but definitely not least, welcome to the Collingwood forum on BigFooty :thumbsu:
Hi my name is Joseph
1) Who do you barrack for? Obviously the PIES, was born into the Collingwood family
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Swanny current, All time Gavin Brown
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? 1990, 2010
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Born into a mad Collingwood family, all cousins and uncles go for Collingwood, and if you marry into our family and barrack for the enemy, ( non Collingwood supporter) you will eventually get recruited or at least the new borns will go for Collingwood.

I never enjoyed footy more than in 2008-2011 when I posted on BF quite heavily - I have decided the time is ripe to return and prodigiously troll opposition flogs of all varieties whilst blindly backing Collingwood players/coaches/staff with every decision they make.

I never enjoyed footy more than in 2008-2011 when I posted on BF quite heavily - I have decided the time is ripe to return and prodigiously troll opposition flogs of all varieties whilst blindly backing Collingwood players/coaches/staff with every decision they make.
Good to have you back - I think!:p

Stay safe!
Trolling can be a dangerous pastime!:eek::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys. Just accepting your invitation to introduce myself to your Board. I'm an old tiger who, for better but mostly worse, became a hard wired Richmond supporter in 1967. Over the years I've watched with bemusement as old style hatreds between supporters of key Melbourne clubs (Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon) morphed into something approaching detatched respect. Can't say I've ever hated Collingwood because my eldest son chose the Pies as his club when he played under 10s in Canberra. Love the passion but get irritated by dopey ignorant supporters from all Clubs, particularly mine. Good to see we get to play each other twice in 2015. Best of luck throughout the season but I'll always be barracking for Tiges.

Hi all

Thought I better introduce myself... I have been watching the forums with keen interest for a few years now.. I recently opened a new account as I forgot my password. For those who'd like to know I'm not a troll and I was known as CPT chromosome in a previous life

1) Who do you barrack for? Pies for life

Previously Didak and also I liked a lot of the fringe players hoping they'd make it such as guy Richards Julian Rowe etc.. Current day I love billy Elliot and pendles of course

Being in the stands for the 2010 replay was possibly one of the best days of my life

4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? My old man gave myself and my brothers no choice.. Pies all the way .. Family tradition

G'day.

I am a Collingwood supporter.

My favourite players were Dale Thomas and Heath Shaw...now they are Jamie Elliott and Tim Broomhead. I also very much like Seedsman and JT.

The 2010 Preliminary Final against Geelong, especially when we got the chant going, is my favourite Pies moment.

My brother who is 12 years older than me randomly chose Collingwood and then brainwashed me. Cheers bro.

Hello There,

Like many, I've been reading these forums for a while but I thought it's time to emerge and put in my two cents.

1) Who do I barrack for? Collingwood

2) Who's my favourite Collingwood player? Current: Dane Swan All time: Mickey McGuane

3) What is my favourite Collingwood moment? Alan Didak's goal against Brisbane - 2003 Qualifying final

4) How did I come to be a Pies fan? Probably from my grandmother who knitted me my first scarf - thanks Gran!

Alright, I am old but about time I filled out this thang:

2) Who's my favourite Collingwood player? Daicos; Current: Elliott #5

3) What is my favourite Collingwood moment? Well I was at the 2010 GF and Replay, live and for free so I guess that is my favourite. (though I watched 1990 many times on VHS as a kid)

4) How did I come to be a Pies fan? Whole family have been long members (cept for Nana, she is a Fitzroy nut, hates us :( )

I thought it's about time I unmask myself!

1) Who do I barrack for? Collingwood, is there any other team?

2) Who's my favourite Collingwood player? Current: No one really, maybe Billy? All time: Ricky Barham.

3) What is my favourite Collingwood moment? Russell 1990 GF when he pinched the ball of Kickett and ran into a long goal

4) How did I come to be a Pies fan? I did everything my best mate did at school (45 years ago) on the last day I ever saw him..(moved overseas) he told me he changed to Collingwood from Melbourne, because he was my best mate I did the same thing.......thanks Bruno!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2) Who's my favourite Collingwood player? Elliott

3) What is my favourite Collingwood moment? 2010

4) How did I come to be a Pies fan? When I was about 8 I think, most of my friends had supported collingwood, and to fit in I started supporting them as well. My parents were not really into footy.

But it was only until when I was 13 or 14 where I really started to get interested, and couldn't stop talking about them, players, games etc with friends.

1) Who do I barrack for?
The mighty magpies ofcourse 34yrs and going strong

historically Tony Shaw and Milane. Current day Beam's and was Bally

1990 GF standing in the old southern stand as a 10 year old and the old man telling me to enjoy this moment. As he had seen nearly every loss since '58

4) How did I come to be a Pies fan?
Dad follows Collingwood.
May need upating

Hello all.
Long time reader, getting my footy fix from up here in the north of Thailand.
My team: A hereditary condition, Collingwood.
Favourite player: Wearmouth, R.Shaw, Williams, Banks, S. Russell, Millane, Clement, Buckley,Pendles.
Favourite moment: First Anzac Day (what a game). Go for goal Nathan...

Hello all.
Favourite player: Wearmouth, R.Shaw, Williams, Banks, S. Russell, Millane, Clement, Buckley,Pendles.
How long have you lived in the north of Thailand?

Hello all.

Welcome!

Drop us a postcard in the postcard thread? here

I share your regard for Ray Shaw. Interesting that he's not often listed as an historical fan favourite, but what a great player and captain he was for us. A tragic figure too. Those lost grand finals must have been absolutely devastating for him. Really glad both his lads reversed that family pattern. Cant wait to see another generation of Shaws at the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back