2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

harsh but fair from outside looking in.
Outside looking in.... one didn't have to be a genius to see why Southport has the result they did this season, I mean its been discussed on here lately since the end of the season.With the long term injuries to their top listed players, no coach, even the great John Blair, would of achieved a better result at the end of the day.As for Angus at Broady, he introduced a revitalized culture at the club and had to bear the brunt of much criticism from many old timers, if u know what I mean.He is very good with the development of youngsters.At NEAFL level, maybe hes not quite there, but at QAFL level he should go ok .

Outside looking in.... one didn't have to be a genius to see why Southport has the result they did this season, I mean its been discussed on here lately since the end of the season.With the long term injuries to their top listed players, no coach, even the great John Blair, would of achieved a better result at the end of the day.As for Angus at Broady, he introduced a revitalized culture at the club and had to bear the brunt of much criticism from many old timers, if u know what I mean.He is very good with the development of youngsters.At NEAFL level, maybe hes not quite there, but at QAFL level he should go ok .
That's a fair assumption ;)

All due respect to Matt Angus but I reckon Geoff Bower and Jarrod Field might have had a bit to do with the revitalized culture at Broadbeach during that time.

Last edited:
All due respect to Matt Angus but I reckon Geoff Bower and Jarrod Field might have had a bit to do with the revitalized culture at Broadbeach during that time.
Blackdog, spot on and both of these guys went thru some crap as well.It wasn't all Angus but he presented and implemented the ideas. Fitness guru, Foxy played a big part as well and a number of others.

Blackdog, spot on and both of these guys went thru some crap as well.It wasn't all Angus but he presented and implemented the ideas. Fitness guru, Foxy played a big part as well and a number of others.
alot of teams that fox trains seem to have high injury tolls?

Yep good luck to him- no doubt cresswell has put systems in place down there so a good opportunity for Chad and with the AFL excellence school next door where he works- pbc with new changerooms and a few $$$ are well placed I reckon.

Anyone else follow Shelton and retire? May even things out a bit if a few hang em up

Good get by the Magpies in the return of Luke Scott had a great NEAFL season last year!! along with the return of Tim McEvoy and the injury return of Cal Carsledine Maggies should have a better season and turn those close losses into wins to push for finals....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, not sure a broken down old McEvoy will help them at this level. Scott is a good pickup, and if they can get the likes of McDonell, Heffernan-Roper and Rozinski to come back then they could have a genuine crack.

need guys in their 20's, not guys in their 30's.

Geez, not sure a broken down old McEvoy will help them at this level. Scott is a good pickup, and if they can get the likes of McDonell, Heffernan-Roper and Rozinski to come back then they could have a genuine crack.

agree, the Maggies will need to pick up more than the above mentioned if they are planning on pushing for finals, they were well off the pace in 2014, Sandgate and Surfers will also be interesting to see whom they retain and gain, both clubs have new coaches in 2015.

agree, the Maggies will need to pick up more than the above mentioned if they are planning on pushing for finals, they were well off the pace in 2014, Sandgate and Surfers will also be interesting to see whom they retain and gain, both clubs have new coaches in 2015.
Beat MtGravatt and lost to them once by 10 pts
Lost to Broady by under a couple of goals
lost to Grange by a couple of goals twice
terrible loss to UQ
those games go the other way and they play finals....
do agree a few more pickups make it easier but!
any word from other clubs recruitment wise?

Aren't all the blokes you just mentioned in their 30's?

Speedyunit, you were saying yourself that the club needs to move forward a few months ago.

Now you are on here spruiking the return of an ex player, and an old bloke riddled with injuries coming out of retirement.

Next you will be recruiting players from the Woodsmen!

Tim McEvoy is/has and will be as honest as the day is long. Goes hard, is respected by many opponents for the way he goes about it - but without some true class in that midfield - at 33/34 or whatever he is, he won't make a shred of difference to that side. Luke Scott however, is a very good pickup.

Callum Carseldine is a good footballer, but doesn't have much game awareness from the little I've seen of him.

quick google search...

Current ages:

Rozinki - 29
McDonell - 27
Heffernan-Roper - 26
Speedyunit, you were saying yourself that the club needs to move forward a few months ago.

Now you are on here spruiking the return of an ex player, and an old bloke riddled with injuries coming out of retirement.

Next you will be recruiting players from the Woodsmen!

Tim McEvoy is/has and will be as honest as the day is long. Goes hard, is respected by many opponents for the way he goes about it - but without some true class in that midfield - at 33/34 or whatever he is, he won't make a shred of difference to that side. Luke Scott however, is a very good pickup.

Callum Carseldine is a good footballer, but doesn't have much game awareness from the little I've seen of him.
everyone can have an opinion.... will definateley spruik Luke Scott was one of Redlands bes performers last year! McEvoy will contribute with development of the kids and yes Cal is a good honest player something we may have lacked a bit last year?
i am a maggies supporter and in October should be allowed to optermistic? said they will push for a final spot if they can turn close losses and games they should have won into wins, not win the GF?

I would have them as a likely finalist, very young side - should improve.

Get the names I mentioned back and they will be best bets for 2nd behind the Panthers :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back