Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha I know right . That's a quality appointment.

Will I get a warning because you button mash on me if I like your comment on our board?

Rocket Eade to coach GCS i hope that rumour is true, what are they thinking

What's wrong with that? He's a smart operator and look at the results he's provide the two clubs he's been at.

There are worse options.

Darren Glass was an excellent player but towards the end of his career he became a thug similar to Lynchy and got away with it. That may be why there is some lack of respect on this board

What's wrong with that? He's a smart operator and look at the results he's provide the two clubs he's been at.

There are worse options.
Maybe with the right people around him but i think he's past it, he doesn't seem too popular with past players from Sydney & the Bulldogs.

WOW incredible amount of disrespect towards Darren Glass from you Port supporters.

Darren is completing his MBA full time next year.

He will commute to Adelaide to work on there leadership program.

He is considered our best ever captain , for when he took over as captain we where at out lowest.

Darren helped implement the changes to our clubs culture and helped us become a community club.

Today our club donates more to charity than any other club, our players spend more time volunteering than any other club.

We also have more community programs than every other club.

We have leadership programs for the best under 16 aboriginal talent in WA and NT

Darren has been a big part of all that, volunteering his time to help make these programs work.

So Darren working in a leadership role at the Crows has a lot of synergy.

I bet if you asked Brad Ebert what he thought of the appointment he would of thought its a great appointment.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the memo that stated that club created endeavours that a full time professional footballer takes a few hours a week to pursue - out of a club culture that included not one but two players having to leave the club thanks to drugs - somehow makes him a great appointment to teach leadership that we should all hail. He might very well be fantastic, but it's disrespecting everyone who has gone before to think that Glass has some sort of moratorium on being a "good guy" even though he's a filthy sniper.

Actions speak louder than words, and on the field, when the heat was on, he was found wanting. Out of character? I say it reveals his character.

Maybe with the right people around him but i think he's past it, he doesn't seem too popular with past players from Sydney & the Bulldogs.
Eade is a good coach for a group looking to get going. He'll take them into the 8 and probably top 4 if appointed. I don't think he's able to take a group that final step, but not all coaches are good at everything from developing a new list through making the 8 through then a flag chance. Eade is capable of doing the next steps required and they can get another coach in 2 - 3 years who is a good fit for the final step of a flag.

WOW incredible amount of disrespect towards Darren Glass from you Port supporters.

Darren is completing his MBA full time next year.

He will commute to Adelaide to work on there leadership program.

He is considered our best ever captain , for when he took over as captain we where at out lowest.

Darren helped implement the changes to our clubs culture and helped us become a community club.

Today our club donates more to charity than any other club, our players spend more time volunteering than any other club.

We also have more community programs than every other club.

We have leadership programs for the best under 16 aboriginal talent in WA and NT

Darren has been a big part of all that, volunteering his time to help make these programs work.

So Darren working in a leadership role at the Crows has a lot of synergy.

I bet if you asked Brad Ebert what he thought of the appointment he would of thought its a great appointment.
Most irritatingly formatted post ever.

The Crows stated that they want an experienced head coach, and that Sandy had trouble seperating from "being one of the boys" to being the coach.

So they put in an inexperienced head coach and put in some freshly retired players.

Umm..? Ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darren Glass was an excellent player but towards the end of his career he became a thug similar to Lynchy and got away with it. That may be why there is some lack of respect on this board
I'd say the lack of respect is primarily because he's become a Crows assistant.

eg. if you swapped his and Shaun Hart's appointments, we'd be saying Hart was a sniper while Glass was a bloody good fullback and that we are excited to see how Clurey develops under his tuition.

The Crows stated that they want an experienced head coach, and that Sandy had trouble seperating from "being one of the boys" to being the coach.

So they put in an inexperienced head coach and put in some freshly retired players.

Umm..? Ok.

I don't think Walsh will ever be accused of being too chummy or 'one of the boys'

Adelaide's coaching panel reads to me like a bunch of left over assistant coaches that most Adelaide supporters think can't coach (Camporeale, Clarke and Sandough's mate Milburn) and a bunch of untried rookies, including a rookie head coach. I wouldn't be doing cartwheels if I was them just yet.
But they are doing cartwheels ... looking at another board and Adelaidenow they have the best coaching team going now geez

Apparently Bickley starts soon on 5DoubleCrow. Official now, from the other side's board. (Must learn how to do links)

Bonehead out and Elbows in.

Cannot get better. At least McD seemed to question the Crows actions a little more seriously. To me, this will make the Crows stranglehold on SA media even stronger. Sends a message to everyone: step out of line (eg Sando sacking aggro towards Chapman) and get sacked.

Apparently Bickley starts soon on 5DoubleCrow. Official now, from the other side's board. (Must learn how to do links)

Bonehead out and Elbows in.

Cannot get better. At least McD seemed to question the Crows actions a little more seriously. To me, this will make the Crows stranglehold on SA media even stronger. Sends a message to everyone: step out of line (eg Sando sacking aggro towards Chapman) and get sacked.

Can I delete 5CC off the digital radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back