Round one, 2015, revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

youve got me mistaken, i come on your board to have some banter and never be the normal BF poster and say well take x player.

also i dont think i have typed WHE once on the guants board. go through my posts and prove me wrong pls, if i do post it may be an artile i find on you guys or ask for updates on players i have kept tabs on.

so calm down rookie
Do you want to retract what you just posted? what you have written is a lie

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2015-ladder-predictions.1078231/page-14#post-35764105

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/pick-1.1080097/page-5#post-35767604

Some are jumpy on this board (me included) BUT Roo single handedly pulled the saints over the line that day, we lost it rather than the saints won it, a disapointing result for us
also one of the weirdest games i have seen from 2 ruckman who absolutley dominated were 2 and 3rd best on ground. hickey kicked 3 and got around 20 touches while mumford ate up all the hitouts and got a massive sc score

lol nice try rook, but the WHE mention on the DnT board (NOT HERE and not to a gws supporter) was a question i asked because i didnt understand what the hell the poster was saying wasnt saying any club was gonna take him, but the poster just worded his question to me weirdly. but nice try anyways rook

lol nice try rook, but the WHE mention on the DnT board (NOT HERE and not to a gws supporter) was a question i asked because i didnt understand what the hell the poster was saying. but nice try anyways rook
You said you never wrote his name so anyway also no reply from the other? Just don't pretend you are just like the other Victorian teams supporters who can't wait to rip any young player out of this club. I have no problem with that just don't feed me a s**t sandwich and expect me to say thank you.

Last edited:
You said you never wrote his name so anyway also no reply from the other? Just don't pretend you are just like the other Victorian team supporters who can't wait to rip any young player out of this club. I have no problem with that just don't feed me a s**t sandwich and expect me to say thank you.
i said i have never wrote his name on the giants board...

the other one came from the afl main board. im not a d*** to teams boards (well i try), how hard is that to understand...

it was me saying i want saints to finish 18th next year and me saying as our 40 page strategy outlines we will be raiding players from clubs from here on out. so its not a lie and i didnt say it on your board so whats the probelem again?

rooks gonna rook

i said i have never wrote his name on the giants board...

the other one came from the afl main board. im not a d*** to teams boards (well i try), how hard is that to understand...

it was me saying i want saints to finish 18th next year and me saying as our 40 page strategy outlines we will be raiding players from clubs from here on out. so its not a lie and i didnt say it on your board so whats the probelem again?

rooks gonna rook
I don't care where you posted it and I don't care that you posted it just don't try and pretend that you didn't post it. Also drop this rook crap it is so boring so you have 1500 posts it somehow makes you special?

I don't care where you posted it and I don't care that you posted it just don't try and pretend that you didn't post it. Also drop this rook crap it is so boring so you have 1500 posts it somehow makes you special?
your board is one of the more frineldy boards on BF and easily to go onto, and thier gonna get sick of your crap if you just attack everyone. i wont be a d*** on your board so it shouldnt effect you, im sure your board will talk about stealing steven in FA this year which is fine but bring that to our board and the reception will be different. thats how bf works, play nice and generally everyone makes it back to thier boards alive

your board is one of the more frineldy boards on BF and easily to go onto, and thier gonna get sick of your crap if you just attack everyone. i wont be a d*** on your board so it shouldnt effect you, im sure your board will talk about stealing steven in FA this year which is fine but bring that to our board and the reception will be different. thats how bf works, play nice and generally everyone makes it back to thier boards alive
Yeah mate no problem I apologise I have re read my posts and I have certainly come across as a dickhead and you didn't deserve it. I'm sorry for what I have posted and I hope you will forgive me for my over the top behaviour.

Yeah mate no problem I apologise I have re read my posts and I have certainly come across as a dickhead and you didn't deserve it. I'm sorry for what I have posted and I hope you will forgive me for my over the top behaviour.
all good mate, ill let myself out on that note tho. go saints ;)

I watching Joel patfuls highlights and he plays heaps good on nick riewoldt

Joel Patfull has a habit of destroying Mr. Riewoldt - like I said, it's one of my favourite match ups to watch, everyones favourite forward getting ripped to shreds by some no-name out-of-towner.

From memory, last time those two went head-to-head the only goal Roo got was from a free kick. GWS shouldn't have any problems with the saints. Unless Joel has his usual start-of-season jitters...in which case the Giants are rightly and royally screwed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My daughters want us to make a long weekend of it, drive down, stay a couple of nights and drive back..
They are both passionate sainters
I barrack strongly for both teams
My wife is a mad giants fan

There is no way that road trip could end well no matter what the outcome :p

Well at least your daughters would be quiet on the way home after we flog them, won't feel like talking at all. Bit of peace and quiet on the long trip. Can't not be happy with that.;)

My daughters want us to make a long weekend of it, drive down, stay a couple of nights and drive back..
They are both passionate sainters
I barrack strongly for both teams
My wife is a mad giants fan

There is no way that road trip could end well no matter what the outcome :p

Perhaps separate cars could be a goer!

And of course, the Spotless Skoda Showgrounds isn't available early rounds coz of the Easter Show. Its not Canberra's doing particularly.

Cheers for explaining that.
My main point is it must be hard for the players to get results with the constant change and a young roster. I can see it costing us a couple of games a year. Could mean the difference between playoffs and not.

Cheers for explaining that.
My main point is it must be hard for the players to get results with the constant change and a young roster. I can see it costing us a couple of games a year. Could mean the difference between playoffs and not.
Agreed. I personally hate the fact we have so many home games in canberra! I feel slightly jipped when im a ticketed member and i miss so many home games

Agreed. I personally hate the fact we have so many home games in canberra! I feel slightly jipped when im a ticketed member and i miss so many home games
Suck it up. GWS are a team for the region, all of south western NSW.
Incidentally, have you heard of the Barassi line. Ron Barassi drew an imaginary line from Darwin to Eden . Above the line was rugby. Below the line was Aussie Rules.
It also neatly divided the Australian population 50/50.
Anyways, Canberra is right on the imaginary line. Work needs to be done to keep up AFL presence.
The Canberra fans are loyal, and I suspect a lot more Canberra Giants travel to Showgrounds than Sydney Giants travel to Manuka.

Mrs Jaffa and I usually make the two hour drive across for the Canberra games, make a weekend of it and stay overnight. Only missed one since we started. What I enjoy most are the events at the Eastlake clubrooms after the games, one of the things that we miss in Sydney.

Suck it up. GWS are a team for the region, all of south western NSW.
Incidentally, have you heard of the Barassi line. Ron Barassi drew an imaginary line from Darwin to Eden . Above the line was rugby. Below the line was Aussie Rules.
It also neatly divided the Australian population 50/50.
Anyways, Canberra is right on the imaginary line. Work needs to be done to keep up AFL presence.
The Canberra fans are loyal, and I suspect a lot more Canberra Giants travel to Showgrounds than Sydney Giants travel to Manuka.
I accept that canberra are part of GWS but it doesn't mean i need to like it. Its a largely commercial decision which impacts upon many supporters. I often try to get friends to games and its frustrating when the home and away season is interrupted

Mrs Jaffa and I usually make the two hour drive across for the Canberra games, make a weekend of it and stay overnight. Only missed one since we started. What I enjoy most are the events at the Eastlake clubrooms after the games, one of the things that we miss in Sydney.
Haha. I'm going to start calling my wife Mrs. Gee Whiz.

We enjoy it also, I prefer it this way, we have a decent impetus for 4 weekends in Canberra, always a nice place to visit and the "local footy" feel of the ground is great also, they just need to do something about the catering which is beyond bad.
Agree the Easter thing is a pain, but it's better than playing at ANZ which is a possibility once we start busting the seams at Spotless which is only 3 or 4 years off..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back