Club logo

Remove this Banner Ad

The logo from when we were the Esso Tigers was the best by a mile...
Richmond80s.png

Brisbane supporters were super keen to change their logo back because it was tied to some of the best success from a football club ever.

Ours is tied to years of failure. Whenever I see it, all I can think about is the complete s**t that was behind those times. One of our worst and darkest periods as a football club ever.

That logo should not see the light of day again.

The difference is Brisbane's old logo is associated with a triple premiership team. Ours is associated with being the butt of all jokes.

Logos mean something, they're not just about looking cool or tough.

I have grown used to and like the new one but i also like the old one. For brisbane it's different, it's a fitzroy thing, we aren't a merged emotional mess. I say keep what we have now.

Yes

The new one is schit and looks like a pansy cartoon

:hearts::hearts::hearts:
logo-richmond.jpg
This was my favourite it is the most realistic representation of a Tigers head, but I'm reasonably happy with the new logo, maybe they could have made it a bit less cartoony, I used to love our 80's logo and still have a Tetleys training top bought on the Thursday before the big one with that tiger on it

As long as we never go back to the abomination that was the early 90's logo ill be fairly happy

richmond-tigers-logo-evolution.jpg

I like the new logo. If we were to change though, I would stylise the 80's logo and re-launch it. It's always been my favourite. Nothing more Tigerish than a Tiger launching itself at you about to tear your limbs off and dine on your face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me guess that the guys pining for the circle logo were between the age of 15-21 (or possibly younger) when it came out. Am I right?

I personally was attached to the 90s era one as this came out when I was in my late teens / erly 20s getting into my footy in a big way. I didn't like the round one when it came out. To be honest I don't really like it now either. Especially since it is looking backwards. Logos should look to the right, not left.

I don't mind the current one. Could be worse. It's a rip off of the tiger beer logo but it's ok. Would like a little less white and a bit darker yellow but i'm ok with it.

There are some really cool old logos from back in the 30s and 40s that use to be embroidered on the team jackets (I inherited one). I personally find design these days to be simplistic, unoriginal and s**t. There hasn't been anything original for quite some time. Maybe the world ran out of ideas.

I still have an enormous plastic version of that I got at the Royal Melbourne Show in I think 1982.

That'd almost be a collector's item by now wouldn't it? Vintage tiger memorabilia :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back