RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one think a salary cap or points system should be brought in but if the lower clubs think it is going to help them be successful they are kidding themselves. A salary cap might even up the comp a bit but the good clubs with money will still attract players. I say keep working hard off the field and making money. Even if you can't spend it on players. Spend it on making the club a better, more attractive place. People thought the salary cap would even up the AFL but it didn't. The rich clubs just spent more money on their footy department and now they are thinking of capping that. I say if you can't spend money on player payments spend it on getting the best medical staff and facilities. Reward players in other ways, not just financial, think outside the square. Progressive clubs will still be ahead of the pack weather a salary cap or points system is brought in or not.
You raise some good points Jack, I don't see how they will be able to Police it, they pay under the table in the Amo's

Seems to be a lot of green being spent about the top clubs

Question
Will or is there a way to even this out as the $ is not abailable at a equal level amongst the metro and country clubs in the rdfl across the board its a huge problem and clubs survive and at times try and have a crack but the gap is getting bigger ???[/QUOTE
Not sure about your metro country divide but what all clubs should concentrate on is getting their community on board. An involved and passionate group can achieve great things if they work together.

Question
Will or is there a way to even this out as the $ is not available at a equal level amongst the metro and country clubs in the rdfl across the board its a huge problem and clubs survive and at times try and have a crack but the gap is getting bigger ???

I think youll find that the gap is going to close this year for some of the active clubs.
woodend, macedon, rockbank, sunbury, centrals all seem to be proactive and looking to try and catch the top few sides from all reports.

Question
Will or is there a way to even this out as the $ is not available at a equal level amongst the metro and country clubs in the rdfl across the board its a huge problem and clubs survive and at times try and have a crack but the gap is getting bigger ???
I hope the salary cap never comes in, I'm involved in one of the "lower clubs" and we are responsible in trying to close the gap. A lot of people work very hard to make their club more financially sustainable and an attractive option for quality players to join and it's our job to make that happen! Powerhouse clubs should not be penalized for doing it better, that's why they are a powerhouse and it's our job to challenge them!

Not what the lower clubs are saying find that hard to believe even some of the successfully clubs are finding it harde to sustain
Reckon you might be involved in one of the clubs spending and don't want equalisation
Things are about to change it will be interesting but still blame a lot of the overpaid players for forcing this issue as I said they are there to plunder
And loyalty is out the door

So you are calling him a liar??

Roota can I ask you why over th past 3-4 years is this a growing topic of discussion normally frivolous issues disappear but this is not a frivolous issue its a major one across all leagues with no fix in sight
Does it take a 100 clubs to go under to wake up those in charge ???

Mate I agree it is a major issue but there is no obvious fix. I honestly believe that there are too many clubs than there are footballers to go around these days. Not everyone can survive. Is that a good thing...absolutely not...my home club is one that has battled this more than anyone in recent years. There is no "solution" that will keep everyone happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair debut post by the Centralian, at least it's consistent with a lot of the other posts I've just read.

Not what the lower clubs are saying find that hard to believe even some of the successfully clubs are finding it harde to sustain
Reckon you might be involved in one of the clubs spending and don't want equalisation
Things are about to change it will be interesting but still blame a lot of the overpaid players for forcing this issue as I said they are there to plunder
And loyalty is out the door
I blame silly administrations who pay "spuds" over the odds and then try to duck the responsibility when it don't work to plan. Of course players will shop around, I know the way my industry is going right now I'm looking at options.

If clubs said right, all these guys work for a living let's cap it at $400 figuratively speaking, then players would remain loyal. But when poor sides pay $700plus for footballers well then it's the responsibility of whoever is authorising it ..... treasurer, coach, committee or the football manager.

Not too many say "s**t we might a buggered up here"

I met with an RDFL club this time 12 months and my mind was made up the moment an outright ridiculous statement was made about how much they were willing to spend, as I knew it wasn't feasible.

You ask Keston who is responsible when it goes down the s**t chute, I say the idiots who make rash calls, offer stupid money (stupid when you don't have it) and don't do their homework when recruiting ...... but I guess that's what AGMs are for, to get it all out and open for questions.

Work to what your club can afford not what rivals can. Now I'm not privy to fact but I reckon Rockbank for instance have made finals and spent less than at least 3 clubs that finished behind them. Find a selling point other than $$$$ and ya just never know.

Last edited:
Just been reading lots about who from lancefield is leaving and whats happenning
the burketts are qualiity boys and wont just leave because someone touts them be assured
Ben richmond is also a lancefield boy he will talk to lancefield before he signs on anywhere else.

Also with Ash Manning signing on he has more contacts or fingers in more pies than people realise and will attract quality and quantity to the tigers so watch this space. tigers are on the improve

oh and lancytigs if you are really a tiger then stop putting the club and the players down.

we are yellow and black and we are coming.

get on board or get off.
There's not a snowball's chance in hell Lancytigs is actually a Tiger supporter Sean J. The majority of his comments relate to a club a few Km's south of Lancefield.

Get over it blueboy u sound like a sook. I don't can anyone. All I said is sunbury are miles off. And it's true . All the good sides smashed them

Get over it blueboy u sound like a sook. I don't can anyone. All I said is sunbury are miles off. And it's true . All the good sides smashed them
What about your comments that you've heard nothing but bad things about Ash Manning's coaching and that Lancefield must've been desperate to sign him. Doesn't exactly sound like praise to me, sounds like your 'canning' someone.

Good get by macedon and a good club. So a couple of players are gonna bring the 90 point hammering by Romsey closer? And I'm not sure why all the hostility towards the new guy on here.

Good get by macedon and a good club. So a couple of players are gonna bring the 90 point hammering by Romsey closer? And I'm not sure why all the hostility towards the new guy on here.

Mate I think you'll find that not only have they recruited Harrison and Kenny, they will also get the red head bloke who was injured (league medalist back), Sykes is now settled and playing good footy, plus 5 or 6 other blokes from various leagues including the VFL system. A good club that had one bad year. Let's not forget they were a club full of potential a couple years back but struggled to seal the deal in September. With these handy inclusions like Harrison who WILL get 40 through the middle and Kenny who WILL dominate the League Goal Kicking if fit, I think you'll find a totally new and improved team from the Cattery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back