No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope they allow this. Methinks that 'everyone' seems keen to get this back into the AFL sphere and back into a tribunal.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.. but I note they mention that SCN's were originally issued in June and have been delayed through 'no fault of the players'.. perhaps setting up a 'backdated' defence IF the worst should occur.

Either way.. it will be good to wrap this up in the off-season and get some clarity about where it all sits.

TBH.. sounds like the players lawyers aren't worried in the slightest.. otherwise I'm sure deals would have been done by now.

I'm assuming the players issued SCN's will be placed on the RoF the very next day after the official 10 days to respond to the SCN's expire. Does choosing not to respond to the SCN's result in bypassing the ADVRP going straight to the AFL tribunal?

Edit - Nevermind, should have read the entire article. Zephyr is in the know now.

God this has been a complete ******* waste of time and resources, along with a significant burden on some good people.

After all this absolute, stinking cesspit of a cluster**** - evidence is delivered and the player response is to run to the tribunal at breakneck speed?

Geez.... sounds like compelling evidence. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming the players issued SCN's will be placed on the RoF the very next day after the official 10 days to respond to the SCN's expire. Does choosing not to respond to the SCN's result in bypassing the ADVRP going straight to the AFL tribunal?

In reality, should ASADA for once not move at ******* glacial pace, that could happen very, very soon. Just need the ADRVP to convene.

this is just fantastic. If the players legal teams thought they wouldn't win there would have been a stampede for deals. Instead, it's let's do this!

Even the ASADA barrackers should be overjoyed (although they're not for some strange reason...). No backroom deals, evidence tested, players either suspended under the code or cleared with no lingering stench.

It's the best possible outcome

In reality, should ASADA for once not move at ******* glacial pace, that could happen very, very soon. Just need the ADRVP to convene.

If the ADRVP is convened within the requested timeframe, is there a possibility that the investigation could be thrown out by the ADRVP, so no need to go to the AFL tribunal.

Anyone who thinks the "failed" court case wasn't worth it is dreaming.

We have now seen the evidence, everyone concerned appears to think the evidence is well worth challenging which says something about the strength (or lack thereof) of the case.

It is cause for cautious optimism.

We have now seen the evidence, everyone concerned appears to think the evidence is well worth challenging which says something about the strength (or lack thereof) of the case.

Yep, I've got a quarter lob on, not yet a semi

If the ADRVP is convened within the requested timeframe, is there a possibility that the investigation could be thrown out by the ADRVP, so no need to go to the AFL tribunal.
Possible but unlikely.. particularly as the players are not 'contesting' this stage.

At the ADRVP they just have to prove a 'possible' breach.. so burden of proof very low.

I still think there was an outside chance the players could have shut it down at this level.. but why bother wasting the months.. I think they have been assured by the AFL that the Tribunal will be conducted faster and without delay.. so lets head straight for that step and get this cleared up before Christmas.

Also, and this is big, it means the players are dealing with this in October/November/December and not July/August/September.. far less pressure I think..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possible? Yes. Incredibly unlikely though, because the players are not responding.

The ADRVP step is completely useless in this case - needs to go to an AFL tribunal.

Reading the AFL Anti-Doping Code.. there is a possibility they could issue IN before ADRVP formally puts players on ROF.

I wonder if that is what they are exploring now.. not even waiting.. just start the tribunal process now.

My guess is ASADA will drag their feet

At what point does ASADA spending on EFC get reined in.. will the sports minister allow ASADA to take 34 players to CAS? Could get very expensive if it's not already.

this is just fantastic. If the players legal teams thought they wouldn't win there would have been a stampede for deals. Instead, it's let's do this!

Even the ASADA barrackers should be overjoyed (although they're not for some strange reason...). No backroom deals, evidence tested, players either suspended under the code or cleared with no lingering stench.

It's the best possible outcome

Ideally its how the system should work. As you said evidence needs to be and should be tested, hell i dont even care if the way to do it is that the general public dont see the evidence (id argue we shouldnt).

Have to return to the "scene of the crime" to celebrate getting away with our systematic doping regime.

Hird can organise the various bevarages, i hear he has good connections for getting supplies.

At what point does ASADA spending on EFC get reined in.. will the sports minister allow ASADA to take 34 players to CAS? Could get very expensive if it's not already.

I would seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that ASADA would choose to appeal the finding of the AFL Tribunal should it fall in favour of the players.

The agency has been made to look inept after evidence in the Federal Court - it needs this to end as much as the players do.

At the very least McDingleberry can claim he wasn't there to start this s**t.

How easy is this job?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-will-coach-while-thompson-in-limbo-20141022-11a67h.html

The run down:
Hird will be senior coach in 2015. He was suspended last year for 12 months.
Thompson doesn't know what he will do or where he will be. He filled in for Hird whilst he was suspended for 12 months.
Essendon play Sydney first up and maybe Hawks second up and Collingwood in Round 4.
It is a tough start to the year.
It will be made tougher because they might be missing a heap of players.
Players are facing bans from ASADA
If players are banned then the 27 players who aren't effected will have to play
The AFL has a contingency plan, probably to play the 27 player who aren't effected, but they are yet to confirm this radical plan
Essendon delisted 3 players today.

I mean there is literally nothing newsworthy in the whole article.. nothing. It is like article-writing-by-numbers-for-dummies. I really can't believe they are getting paid to produce this dribble.. baffling.

Would be interested to compile how many times they have used the phrase "34 current and past EFC players are facing possible suspensions from ASADA"...
when was round 2 of the fixture released? that article states like gospel we will play the hawks in round 2

when was round 2 of the fixture released? that article states like gospel we will play the hawks in round 2

Some people have already written our first four weeks in biro-

Round 1 -Swans
Round 2- Hawks
Round 3- Carlton-
Round 4- Pies

Some people have already written our first four weeks in biro-

Round 1 -Swans
Round 2- Hawks
Round 3- Carlton-
Round 4- Pies
Well, one and four are basically in biro. Three is a rumour but from the AFL Caro and generally we play Carlton earlyish in the season, so it's not that unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back