Docklands Stadium (Marvel Stadium) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of one's own religious opinions, this is an excellent way to show the versatility of Etihad.
B0IRMBQCYAAzVhh.jpg

B0NTbJfCcAIZLtn.jpg

(Pics from @EtihadStadiumAU twitter)
so if you buy a membership at Etihad, like an Access one or
Yes I know. And this shows how it can host 65,000 people in a convention :)
yeah for a convention, but only 44k for an Essendon home game:confused::(:mad:

so if you buy a membership at Etihad, like an Access one or

yeah for a convention, but only 44k for an Essendon home game:(:mad:
Coz you can't put people on the field for the footy :) 44k is still 75% or so of permanent capacity.

man good thing the season is over, a couple of days of that temporary flooring and thousands of people aint going to be good for the turf
I think the A-league might be a bit worried. They're using it next week for the Victory v City game.

I think the A-league might be a bit worried. They're using it next week for the Victory v City game.
Add to that... they announced a dirt bike event on October 24th 3 weeks ago. The night before the Derby. Going to be a mess.

Etihad Stadium has tweeted it is a Sell Out for Saturday nights Melbourne Derby

Earlier in the week stadium boss said the reduced capacity with seats in is between 47 and 48k.

The new buildings between Southern Cross and the Stadium have completely ruined the atmosphere, the extra walkway cutting across to gate 5 and eliminating the choke point is good but other than that they are a complete blight.
I used to love the feel as you walked across the bridge, the stadium coming into view, the big screen going and the crowds of people. Just helped build the atmosphere before the game. Sure the extra walkway is great but its ruined that feeling to me.

The other terrible thing at Etihad is the ticket sales booths. Horrible for people who decide to go at the last minute. You can easily spend 30 minutes in that queue even before a low drawing game like WB v Brisbane.

Other than that I dont actually mind the ground at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to love the feel as you walked across the bridge, the stadium coming into view, the big screen going and the crowds of people. Just helped build the atmosphere before the game. Sure the extra walkway is great but its ruined that feeling to me.

The other terrible thing at Etihad is the ticket sales booths. Horrible for people who decide to go at the last minute. You can easily spend 30 minutes in that queue even before a low drawing game like WB v Brisbane.

Other than that I dont actually mind the ground at all

I find for Carlton games at least that if you walk around to the LA Trobe st end or any of the gates on the dock side of the ground there are always empty ticket windows because everyone tries to enter at the gates near the end of that foot bridge.

I find for Carlton games at least that if you walk around to the LA Trobe st end or any of the gates on the dock side of the ground there are always empty ticket windows because everyone tries to enter at the gates near the end of that foot bridge.
I know thats true and what they want people to do, but it is where the (probably) vast majority people enter and they seem to have very few ticket booths. Seems to be the worst ticket selling setup of any major ground I can think of.

I know thats true and what they want people to do, but it is where the (probably) vast majority people enter and they seem to have very few ticket booths. Seems to be the worst ticket selling setup of any major ground I can think of.
AAMI Park is pretty poor to be honest, only two sets groups of ticket booths facing Swan Street, if you get even 3-4k walk ups the lines are huge.

AAMI Park is pretty poor to be honest, only two sets groups of ticket booths facing Swan Street, if you get even 3-4k walk ups the lines are huge.
I think I have only ever had prepurchased tickets there... but when gone with people without they never seemed to take too long. No real evidence but the queues seemed to move faster there with more? windows open.

I think I have only ever had prepurchased tickets there... but when gone with people without they never seemed to take too long. No real evidence but the queues seemed to move faster there with more? windows open.
The Melbourne City game there had people getting into the ground 20 minutes late due to the lines, it was ridiculous. The worst part was they anticipated the crowd and still couldn't get them through quick enough.

I think the onus goes both ways.
It's on the stadium management to try and accommodate the anticipated walk-up crowd.
But it's also on people who want to go to get organised and book online.
We must be close (if not there already) to being able to have the barcode on your phone and scan at the turnstiles?

I think the onus goes both ways.
It's on the stadium management to try and accommodate the anticipated walk-up crowd.
But it's also on people who want to go to get organised and book online.
We must be close (if not there already) to being able to have the barcode on your phone and scan at the turnstiles?
I think you can already do that. I think you get a QR code but I havent personally tried it

Be interesting to see the crowd for the A-League derby with the reconfigured ground. Will the Medallions club area be sparsely populated as in so many AFL games?
47,000 capacity with Offical crowd of 43,729. 2k Medallion no shows and just over 1k Victory member no shows.

The possibility of the AFL blocking the A-League Grand Final from being played at Etihad has upset the soccer community, but I say fair enough.

I believe Melbourne Victory gets a sweetheart deal from Etihad for playing games there, which sides like St Kilda, Bulldogs and North don't get. So why should the AFL give the A-League a free kick. Hopefully the AFL use this as a bargaining tool to get some better returns for its clubs. If Etihad wants the ability to host A-league finals in our season then they need to give something back to the AFL clubs in return.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...-booking-dispute/story-fni2wcjl-1227105239192

MELBOURNE Victory could be forced to host a grand final interstate after the AFL locked the A-League out of Etihad Stadium and the MCG.

A war of words exploded between the two codes on Tuesday night as to whether Football Federation Australia gave enough notice of its need to book a ground.

FFA tried to make a "pencil booking" at both Etihad and the MCG for Sunday, May 17, but was told by the venues that the AFL exercised its priority rights over the 100,000 and 56,000-capacity venues to schedule games. AAMI Park — capacity about 28,000 — is free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back